Overcoming insta-locks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesustim

12-12-2012

if its a normal game lock in whoever the hell you want and play how you want. normals are for fun and experimentation, and that's about it. duo mid? do it. triple jungle? why not. Meta cannot be enforced.

OriginalJack

12-12-2012

I think the whole problem of people not getting the role they want in champ select is a bit overblown. Why do you always have to play mid or top and not support? That is what we're talking about here isn't it?

Grollm

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
I think the whole problem of people not getting the role they want in champ select is a bit overblown. Why do you always have to play mid or top and not support? That is what we're talking about here isn't it?
If I am solo queueing, which I almost never do anymore, I only duo with someone. If I am going to support, I always look up the adc that I am going to support on lolking. If they have a bad record, or if they instalock Twitch and they've played 8 games with Twitch, lost 7, and kda of 2-10-3, I am probably not going to support that person. If it is down to me to support, I will dodge the queue. It's not worth me losing elo over a baddie who instalocks. A lot of times wins or losses can be determined at champ selection. If you have someone who calls mid and then instalocks Teemo, they are probably bad. If your team isn't communicating and/or people are picking bad picks against the team they are going against. (i.e. enemy team first picks Talon, your mid picks Veigar), they are probably bad. Also summoner names are usually a big tip off if someone is bad or not. If you see summoners named GokuKIDZ1993, MasterYiPwnsU, GiantBalckweiner, they are probably bad. Also, when solo/duo queue you start to pick up a sixth sense and I can usually tell when you are going to lose a game. I've learned to trust my instincts, and if I have a bad feeling about a game, rather than trying to force it and maybe pull off a win, probably lose hardcore, I would rather just dodge. Just my 2 cents. By doing this I've won my last 10 ranked games in a row. I went from 970 elo, to 1167.

Qsario

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauliflower View Post
No one likes playing supports. If I don't lock in within 5 seconds of blind pick, I am almost always left with support. What do I do? Play a game I know will be boring for me?
I have lots of fun as a support main. I don't really play anything else, actually. Well, there was that ADC Janna but....

I find that it's a lot of fun to bail my team out when they overextend. I drop my CC & shields to help them flee and we end up kiting chasers back to my team where they die. I main this, so I've gotten pretty good at performing heroic moves to save my teammates and it's awesome.

Also, the new pickpocket mastery means you can get gold from using your autoattack to harass. This is loads of fun And you have about a dozen new items with crazy activates to play with, which is great.

So there are lots of ways to have fun as a support. They just involve helping your team kill people or saving your team instead of killing them yourself. Maybe that still isn't fun for you, I don't know. But if you're not set on the idea that you should be the one killing them alone, it's great. (And if you are set on killing them, try Blitz or Leona. Or heck, even Sona with some mpen.)

Grollm

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
I have lots of fun as a support main. I don't really play anything else, actually. Well, there was that ADC Janna but....

I find that it's a lot of fun to bail my team out when they overextend. I drop my CC & shields to help them flee and we end up kiting chasers back to my team where they die. I main this, so I've gotten pretty good at performing heroic moves to save my teammates and it's awesome.

Also, the new pickpocket mastery means you can get gold from using your autoattack to harass. This is loads of fun And you have about a dozen new items with crazy activates to play with, which is great.

So there are lots of ways to have fun as a support. They just involve helping your team kill people or saving your team instead of killing them yourself. Maybe that still isn't fun for you, I don't know. But if you're not set on the idea that you should be the one killing them alone, it's great. (And if you are set on killing them, try Blitz or Leona. Or heck, even Sona with some mpen.)
This is your typical low elo solo queue player. They think every game should be a Call of Duty fragfest, and if they aren't getting kills it's boring. Most higher level elo play First Blood usually isn't given until 10-15 minutes into the game. It's amazing that these people even reach 30 with that mentality.