Surrendering on the TT Demands attention

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

12-12-2012

There's two sides to this coin.

1) If two players are ready to throw in the towel, the game is over. The chances of winning are low, morale is low, team dynamics are pretty much thrown in the trash. If the surrender vote fails, the summoner's code should hold those players to their best until the end of the game... but we all know that's not reality. Once you consciously decide to lose, you'll lose... unless the enemy makes an even harder attempt at doing so.

2) If two friends are playing a game together, you should have an advantage. They have an advantage, anyway. However, if they see you as a weak link, and decide to surrender even though the chances of winning are in your favor, game over. Furthermore, teams could abuse this. If I'm an ******* and I want to intentionally drop my Elo so I can get easier games, all I have to do is get one friend and start spamming surrenders... the third player has no say in the matter. This doesn't currently happen because it can't be done. Open that gate, and it will happen.

So, in my opinion, the negatives outweigh the positives. If you really want the third player to surrender, communicate with them. Explain that the enemy is super fed, and you just want to get to the next game - you'd appreciate if they would do the same. If they deny, well, it's your responsibility to play your best until the game is over. **** happens, and so does the opposite.

That being said, I would also support an earlier surrender time. Especially in the case that a player has gone AFK.

TheM0ve

12-12-2012

Ive been playing random queues latley out of bordem when my bros are not on. So many bad players and they never surrender. These type of bads don't care about winning or anything they just want to kill people. They run in 1v3 and tower dive at level one and will do this for hrs if they can.

If surrender is denied I sit in spawn not really afk but i alt tab in and out.

Redenbacher

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheM0ve View Post
If surrender is denied I sit in spawn not really afk but i alt tab in and out.
With all due respect, if that's how you handle the situation, you deserve your losses.

Havenstance

12-12-2012

Riot, why would you even put surrender in the games? Seems like every game you start to do good or its going to be a good game and the enemy surrenders at 15mins... This game shouldn't have a surrender feature or if it does you should ask the other team if they want to allow their enemies to surrender. You can't get any IP if you win the game by surrender at 15mins can't get creep score, kills, or turrets.

Koldheartedjsp

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaetal View Post
that never EVER happens, so I really don't even know what to say to that ridiculous question.
how ****ing stupid retarded do you gotta be to realize it doesn't happen because you can't surrender on a 2/3 vote?

Surrender 2/3 puts way to much power in the hands of duos. It should NEVER pass

If it passes i know the very first thing I'm doing is hooking up two comps and surrendering as many winning TT games as possible until riot were to change it back

Anyone who thinks 2/3 should pass really needs to just quit playing all together

Phaetal

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
how ****ing stupid retarded do you gotta be to realize it doesn't happen because you can't surrender on a 2/3 vote?

Surrender 2/3 puts way to much power in the hands of duos. It should NEVER pass

If it passes i know the very first thing I'm doing is hooking up two comps and surrendering as many winning TT games as possible until riot were to change it back

Anyone who thinks 2/3 should pass really needs to just quit playing all together
then you deserve to be banned good sir, good day don't reply to waste all of our time when you do. You are just a mad, sad, and obviously bad troll. hahahahaha :P

Phaetal

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
With all due respect, if that's how you handle the situation, you deserve your losses.
I totally agree with Redenbacher if that's how you play enjoy your losses

dancingghouls

12-13-2012

I agree that 2/3 would be more acceptable to accomplish a surrender. I might be gifted with an engineering background when referring to all the complicated math, but I also understand elections which are widely accepted in free countries were 50+1% will get you in the drivers seat.

Phaetal

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingghouls View Post
I agree that 2/3 would be more acceptable to accomplish a surrender. I might be gifted with an engineering background when referring to all the complicated math, but I also understand elections which are widely accepted in free countries were 50+1% will get you in the drivers seat.
you good sir are an epic win. I love you.

NotSoSuperMan

12-13-2012

People differ on when they think a game is unwinnable.

I'd say I probably end up winning about half the games when the other 2 players on my team want to quit and I don't.

The last 3v3 I played we went 1-11 by around 10 minutes. Both my buddies wanted to quit. We managed to grind it out for a win at 54 minutes. One of the most satisfying wins I've had.