Good champions for Sword of the Divine?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tis a nice day

12-11-2012

It seems like a rather interesting item, but I haven't gotten one yet. I heard its good on Yi, but is there anyone else that could make good use of SotD? I imagine Trynd could make use of the item if he wants to gank a lot.

Habber Dasher

12-11-2012

Phreak mentioned getting it on Pantheon. I could see this on many AD casters because it essentially gives some extra burst when your abilities are on cooldown. Plus, when not on cooldown it gives a little extra attack speed for destroying towers.

Siscon

12-11-2012

twitch.

IdleAltruism

12-11-2012

Draven, Twitch, and Vayne seem to be the most likely candidates. Draven and Vayne are likely to burst down their target within 3 attacks and Twitches' ult with 3 auto-crits is fun.

thelovedr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-11-2012

What do you all think about Nocturne? The AS would synergize with his trail and I usually only get 5-6 auto attacks before im dead or everyone else is dead.

LSOreli

12-12-2012

Vayne for sure, 3 super speed/guaranteed crit attacks, procs silver bolts. Also, if you tumble + condemn, then after your 3 super attacks youll be set up for another proc.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

The problem is that when you use it, youve lost ALL its bonuses after 3 hits. Therefore it needs to be taken with a bursty champ. With an ADC, they want sustained output and getting Crit/AS/AD is the way to do so. Spending 2300g on an item that only gives you 3 attacks might not be the best. Then you have 2300g of dead weight when you are the carry.

I would use it on someone with limited lifespan. A jungle Xin might be able to use it effectively. He already has great burst with Charge/Ult/fast attacks and resetter. I like to get Warmog for a lot of health, as this synergizes with his big Armor/MR gains when he Ults (up to 125 of each!!).
But this makes him a huuge target and he tanks a lot of damage. Hence he doesnt live past his Ult, esp if I wasnt able to hit multiple champs with it upfront or got CCed before it went off, etc.

Hence, this item might work out well for him. he can charge, ult, faceroll, and activate this for a huge AS boost/crit to let him get in as much damage as possible during his limited lifespan,

Same idea applies for an AD Sion who tends to take lots of upfront dmg. Popping this plus Ult would allow him to get in 3 really fast HARD hits that would lifesteal for a ton and help keep him from dying immediately.

Dekallis

12-12-2012

Most AD carries can blam a squishy target in 4-5 hits on average. 3 on a especially squishy target. Since getting a kill cuts the cd on it in half a champion like Xin, or Fiora would be ideal options for it(People who won't miss the aspd terribly but will love the brief crits after their brusts) They're also both characters who aren't too item dependent for damage. Chars with passive AD increases are a good place to start looking.

I wouldn't say trynd as a good option for it, tryn can already easily hit near 100% crit chance(Can actually reach 100% with a little effort) So he has no real need for a situational crit item.

Ronyk

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleAltruism View Post
Draven, Twitch, and Vayne seem to be the most likely candidates. Draven and Vayne are likely to burst down their target within 3 attacks and Twitches' ult with 3 auto-crits is fun.
This.

M4nTiCoR3

12-12-2012

I'm very interested in trying this out on Renekton. I can't remember if his Ruthless Predator attack can Crit or not. I know it applies other on hit affects, and the charged version applies 3 hits with a longer stun. Even if it doesnt, you should be able to make good use of it after RP during the stun with your auto attacks. I will try this out soon and let you know how it works out for me.