Black Cleaver pt. 2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CkretAznMan

12-11-2012

Sorry about being a downer, but I do like the Black Cleaver stacking with Youmu's Ghostblade because I actually like the two weapons and they work well together. It's almost like saying that Infinity Edge does not stack in damage with The Bloodthirster. It would just feel wrong.

DiscworldDeath

12-11-2012

Right now on the PBE, it might be a tooltip error, but it says BC Flat arpen - unique, same for brutalizer. But since there's no unique passive name, they should stack.

I didn't get both to verify, and they took the PBE down for maintenance, but people could check later by buying both and seeing whether the numbers stack.

Also, Haunting Guise doesn't stack with Liandry/BFT.

LunarisDream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

What's wrong with deploying a hotfix for a gamebreakingly OP item?

I mean, we can all agree that Black Cleaver is overpowered, so why wait to make simple changes to numbers?

Dennis Rodmang

12-11-2012

I'll restate the best point made so far this entire post:

Black Cleaver is MUST GET for everyone who does AD damage. Period. Riot made the item simply too good. Why?

+50 attack dmg
15% CD
200 HP or so
Flat Armour pen + Stacking on basic attacks or on-hit effects

Iunno, lets see, looks to me like it has everything every single AD carry, support, bruiser, tank, etc ever needed in 1 item. You gave them HP AND Cool down on top of all the other offensive stats? Are you insane?

The real reason everyone is stacking it is because it out performs all the other items. Why bother going for other CD items when you can just blow ur money on this baby and rip apart the other team. Forget buying frozen mallet on Darius/Garen, just buy 2 of these puppies and u win. Hell, even rushing 1 of them with level 1 boots wins at life.

Dismantle the item entirely, rebuild it. Nerfing the armour pen alone isn't going to shy people away from this item. Take off the CD reduction, keep the HP. Ghostblade is the CD + Armour Pen item, keep that. What AD carries + Bruisers needed was an item that let them do dmg as well as let them survive. This item goes waaaaaaaay beyond that.

TLDR: Nerf the flat armour pen, keep the on hit effect. Take off the CD reduction, keep the HP, maybe tone down the dmg slightly, add something else in the CD's place like armour, magic resis, tenacity.

Krys Star

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Hotfixes are usually reserved for game-breaking bugs, not balance issues.

The BC nerfs will be in the next patch, which is coming soon™.
So please do me a favor, eat your words and explain why LeBlanc was hotfixed nerfed on her release? Black Cleaver, in its current state, is far worse than LeBlanc was on release, because it spreads onto multiple champs instead of just one.

Dennis Rodmang

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys Star View Post
So please do me a favor, eat your words and explain why LeBlanc was hotfixed nerfed on her release? Black Cleaver, in its current state, is far worse than LeBlanc was on release, because it spreads onto multiple champs instead of just one.
^ This guy has it right.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

A lot of people fail really hard at reading comprehension...

Or do people blatantly pass the word "usually" because it doesn't fit the scenario at hand?

DivineRapierDT

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Rodmang View Post
^ This guy has it right.

You have to think of things from a business perspective, not from a gratification perspective.

Hotfixing is dangerous, considering they can barely patch at predetermined times without chaos.

By waiting till that predetermined patch, they mine more data, get more user testing going. So calm your ****.

You want a simple fix to black cleaver? Let it keep its OP CDR, let it keep EVERYTHING... LET IT STACK WITH ITSELF....... and............... tadah:

Make it reduce attack speed. Make it a cumulative affect that stacking this item will reduce attack speed greater than 2/3/4x...(ex. 20% AS reduc, if two BC's, 44% etc)

Stop and think about that... wouldn't it really fix a lot of the problems? AND fit the theme of a giant cleaver?

Skaed

12-11-2012

I think the best fix would be to make the passive not stack at all with multiple BCs, and change it from % armor pen to flat armor pen. No item should have both. Especially on champions like Wukong, Darius, Xin Zhao, etc that already have percentage armor pen, even tanks are taking very close to true damage. I've built 3 armor items and still taken 1200 damage from Wukong's ult. It's also insane that it stacks additively with Last Whisper, because "ignoring" armor and "reducing armor" by a percentage are treated differently.

If you're effective while building 3-4 of one item under any circumstances, that item is broken. End of story.

bottleoenergy

12-11-2012

Thanks for breaking the meta game everyone just rushes 3 black cleavers now!