December MCCC - Christmas Cheer!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katsuni

12-10-2012

Oh, quick question; while I have a kit set up already, the chances are almost guaranteed that I'll be making adjustments now and then, and may overhaul or replace an ability or two if I think of something better.

Is it within the rules to swap out abilities after the first week, or do they need to be finalized and set in stone early on? Or is it mostly just "show yeu actually have any thought put into this at all"? =P

Ward VG

12-10-2012

Zor'Gat, The Void Spark
Role: AP Caster
Type : Ranged

Stats:
Damage 51.66 (+3 / per level)
Health 385 (+80 / per level)
Mana 250 (+55 / per level)
Move Speed 340
Armor 12 (+3.5 / per level)
Magic Resist 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 4.5 (+0.55 / per level)
Mana Regen 7 (+0.6 / per level)

Abilities:

Passive : Void Power
Growing ever more powerful, Zor'Gat gains one stack of 'Void Power' for each ability used.

Q : Unnatural Strike
Channeling his dark power through the weaponry of the golem, Zor'Gat is able to shoot forward a beam of energy, dealing magic damage to all enemies in its path.

Damage: 75 / 115 / 155 / 195 / 235 (+0.75 per ability power)
Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 Mana
Cooldown: 7 / 6.5 / 6 / 5.5 / 5 seconds
Type: Straight Skillshot
Range: 750
Width: 125

__________________________________________________ _________________________

W : Void Smite
Zor'Gat opens a small rift between Runeterra and the Void, letting in a surge of dark energy that deals damage to enemies in the area after a short amount of time.

Damage: 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 / 320 (+1.0 per ability power)
Delay: 1.3 seconds.
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Type: Target area
Range: 900
AOE diameter: 250

E : Dark Embrace
Using ancient curses taught to him by the Void, Zor'Gat can embrace a target champion with dark power, lowering or raising their armor and magic resist.

Target Armor and Magic resist: +/- 20/25/30/35/40%
Duration: 4 seconds.
Cooldown: 7 / 6.5 / 6 / 5.5 / 5 seconds
Type: Targeted Ally or Enemy champion.
Range: 700

R : Void Manipulation
Zor'Gat sends out a powerful wave of Void energy with such force that it pushes the target champion away. The energy then stays with him for a while until it then detonates, unleashing magic damage upon nearby enemies dependant on Zor'Gat's Void Power.
Note: This would be castable on both enemies and allies though NOT Zor'Gat himself.

Damage: 300 / 425 / 550 (+1 per ability power)
Push range: 600
Detonation delay: 3 seconds.
Cost: 100 Mana
Cooldown: 120 / 100 / 85 seconds
Type: Target Ally or Enemy champion -> 'Skillshot' to select push direction
Range: 300

Pro-Tip: On a team with good communication, this would allow Zor'Gat to make melee champions without gap-closing kits charge into combat.

Lore:

Quote:
In times long past, when the physical plane of Runeterra was still untouched by the Void,
ancient rune smiths and artifiers were preparing. They had felt the power, and knew that
something unknown, something powerful, where hidding just out of sight. Magic users had
since the origin of magic seen glimpses of a strange dimension through the rifts that magic
could cause. Even though the holes would seal themselves before anything could come
through, they knew, that someday, the barrier would fall.

An old yordle techmaturgist spent the majority of his lifetime working on a golem, that was
designed to fight whatever excisted behind the dimensional barrier. The golem was nearing
completion when the old yordles health started to deteriorate. When he finaly died, he left
the golem unfinished, and unpowered. Noone could figure out how to finish what the yordle
had started and as a result, the golem was hid away. Ages later, as strange energies started
appearing all over Valoran, a spark of energy appeared. Sentient, yet powerless it searched for
a home. After days of searching it finally came upon a place to stay.
A metal construct hidden away under the ruins of the once great city of Urtistan. It lived in,
and slowly spread through the golem, until it finally had gained enough power and control to get up,
and smash its way out of stone prison. It only had one thing on its mind. To show Valoran the true
power of the Void, and it could think of no better place to do that, than the League of Legends.
Art:
Splash: Attachment 579928
Credit to JonasDeRo and SaeedRamezani on DeviantArt for some of the elements

My justification:
A Void-being might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Christmas and holiday cheer, but I figured that it might be nice with something abit different.. and we really don't have enough Void champions in the game imo
Anyway, as for the ammo system, I wanted to go with something that didn't just build up over time like Teemo's mushrooms etc. So I went with an ability system where he kinda builds up "ammo" with each abillity used and then unleashes it with his ultimate.
I realize this might not be considered an actually ammo system, but to me "ammo" is bascily just a variable number that can be spent.
On the subject of his ultimate; I did originally wanted it to be able to be used on Zor'Gat himself aswell, to give him a "Charge" ability, but with the "No self-centered AOE" I kinda had to strike that.

Luninareph

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
Oh, quick question; while I have a kit set up already, the chances are almost guaranteed that I'll be making adjustments now and then, and may overhaul or replace an ability or two if I think of something better.

Is it within the rules to swap out abilities after the first week, or do they need to be finalized and set in stone early on? Or is it mostly just "show yeu actually have any thought put into this at all"? =P
It's definitely within the rules. Last MCCC, I had to rehaul two abilities completely on week 3, and there was no problem with it.

Raptamei

12-10-2012

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
idk about neshek
what part of her gives a feeling of giving?

alberon is in a rather similar situation, but i can see alberon take the form of giving new life to his followers, so that can work
So it's more a story thing than about mechanics. Alberon does kind of have both what with him trying to bring his elves back to life and also his supportive abilities. He's a "white necromancer".

Quote:
tbh, even though neshek is rather parasitic, she/he doesn't seem to be giving much. it seems more along the lines of living in that allied champion.
Technically the allied champion receives a ton of buffs and she also has a heal and a shield. The only ability that doesn't actually help someone is her CC. It just isn't in her story. Note that "giving parasites" was given as an example in the first post. >_<

Now I still need to decide which one to fix up. It seems Neshek is closer because she could easily be a sort of "holy ghost", which would just require a story rewrite and ability rebranding. Or go with the Hellraiser kind of "gifts". Alberon may have a supportive skill set but that doesn't mean he likes supporting apes. Hmmmph...

ObscureClockwork

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Thanks.

So it's more a story thing than about mechanics. Alberon does kind of have both what with him trying to bring his elves back to life and also his supportive abilities. He's a "white necromancer".

Technically the allied champion receives a ton of buffs and she also has a heal and a shield. The only ability that doesn't actually help someone is her CC. It just isn't in her story. Note that "giving parasites" was given as an example in the first post. >_<

Now I still need to decide which one to fix up. It seems Neshek is closer because she could easily be a sort of "holy ghost", which would just require a story rewrite and ability rebranding. Or go with the Hellraiser kind of "gifts". Alberon may have a supportive skill set but that doesn't mean he likes supporting apes. Hmmmph...
hmmmm. that take on neshek does make sense. i could see that, and if thats how you want me to view it, you dont even need a story rewrite. thats acceptable.
well, i guess that makes your choice harder lol :P

also, when i said giving parasites, i was thinking more along the lines of a person who actually gave parasite (head lice? lol) a parasite itself generally isn't going to help the host.
but neshek does seem acceptable now

@katsuni: i dont mind even entire kit overhauls. just its not recomended after prelims to drastically change your kit/skills, because prelims really tell you if the champ qualifies

@ everyone else.
could you guys help me out on prelims and judging? leave a little bit on the bottom for justification on how you complete the challenges. this way, i wont miss it (as that has happened before with other judges) and i will know how you view it

@ Moby
I will need to discuss with you about prelims
Do not spam this email please just have to put that out there

Moby the White

12-11-2012

replied you may now remove that email if you wish

Moby the White

12-11-2012

as a side note I may end up having to go afk on you for a few hours but I will return at around 7:30 to 8:00 EST

Necamijat

12-11-2012

Can someone check if my creation is eligible? page 3, post 9: Sjel the Soul Binder.

Pisapiss

12-11-2012

Hey clockwork, here's my (very) rough first draft. Obviously still plenty to be done.
Cheers

Rowan - The Banished Apprentice

Passive:
Mana Purge - Rowan's basic attacks cause the target enemy champion to lose mana over the next few seconds, stacking up to five times. Allied champions affected by Rowan's abilities will also apply this passive on their next basic attack.

Q:
Retribution
Allied Cast: Target allied champion's next damaging ability will deal increased damage based on a percentage of Rowan's own stats.
Enemy Cast: Target enemy champion is marked for a short time. If they activate an ability while the mark is active the ability will backfire, dealing damage to the enemy champion instead. If the ability that backfired was a damaging ability, they will also receive damage equal to a percentage of that ability's base damage. The backfired ability will then go on cooldown for a reduced period.

Bedlam Bonus:
Allied Cast: Target allied champion's cooldowns will be reduced by 1-3 seconds.
Enemy Cast: Target enemy champion will also be stunned if their ability Backfires.

W:
Disruption
Allied Cast: Target allied champion will receive a shield that will block the next enemy spell or enemy champion's basic attack. If the shield blocks an ability the casting enemy champion will be silenced. However if it blocks a basic attack the enemy will be blinded.
Enemy Cast: Target enemy champion will take increased damage from the next damaging ability.

Bedlam Bonus:
Allied Cast: The enemy that pops the shield will also be snared.
Enemy Cast: If the Disruption debuff is consumed they will also be snared.

E:
Disarray
Allied Cast: Target allied champion will ignore unit collisions and gains an aura which will fear nearby enemy minions. They will also ignore the damage from one turret hit.
Enemy Cast: Target enemy champion will gain an aura which will taunt all nearby enemy minions and neutral monsters, and will draw turret agro if they move into range. Damage dealt by taunted allied minions counts as Rowan's damage.

Bedlam Bonus:
Allied Cast: Target allied champion will also receive increased movement speed.
Enemy Cast: Target enemy champion will also be slowed.

R:
Bedlam
Every 15 seconds Rowan generates a small sphere of void energy. Rowan targets allied or enemy champion with this projectile, marking them for a few seconds. Regardless of whom Rowan targets with any of his other abilities, all champions afflicted with the Bedlam buff/debuff will automatically be targeted as well, and enemy champions will also be revealed for a few seconds. If a Bedlam-affected champion is affected by another of Rowan's abilities, the timer on Bedlam is reset.

Rowan can carry only three Bedlam charges at a time and receives a bonus 5/7/9 Armor and Magic Resist for each charge he is carrying, helping him survive being in the short to medium range he needs to get into to be able to unload his abilities in a teamfight.

Rowan is an anti-support, support, who focusses on disrupting the enemy team by blocking their spells and attacks, drawing minion and tower agro to enemy champions, and of course by gradually chipping away at their mana stores via his passive. At the same time Rowan is assisting his own team by giving them shields, damage buffs, movement speed and unit collision buffs, revealing enemies, and generally through disrupting the enemy team.

Rowan's basic attacks are ranged, but only short-ranged, and he uses a sling to fire small projectiles. Each of his abilities involves launching a different magically-enhanced projectile at his opponents, and I'll elaborate further on that in his Lore. He cannot self-cast any of his abilities.

To clarify his 'Q' a little, (again, rough draft) when I say it scales off a percentage of his stats, I'll give an example of what I mean: Let's say Rowan targets Vayne with 'Retribution' before she activates 'Condemn'. 'Condemn' deals 0.5 damage for each point of physical damage. And for argument's sake let's say 'Retribution' at its current level is at 40%.

Vayne's current AD = 190
Rowan's current AD = 82

40% of Rowan's 82 = 33

Add the 33 to Vayne's 190 = 223

223 x 0.5 = 111.5 physical damage, plus the base damage dealt by 'Condemn' at the appropriate level.

Hope that makes sense? Like I say, LOADS more work to be done.
Chur

NA Rukhron

12-11-2012

Quote:
@ everyone else.
could you guys help me out on prelims and judging? leave a little bit on the bottom for justification on how you complete the challenges. this way, i wont miss it (as that has happened before with other judges) and i will know how you view it
Ok. Just like last month then.