Dear GD, BC had a higher winrate pre-buff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omniance

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
That's not basic math. Sorry.
If both sides in every game build Black Cleaver one side has to lose when the other wins.

It might not be basic math, but it's still common sense as to why a lower average would be met.

BloodArmagus

12-10-2012

Come on guys, this is simple.

Pre-patch you typically built BC if you were already winning to snowball harder. Vayne is a good example of someone that did this. If you built BC chances were you were already ahead, and thus had a high chance of wnning. BC was a 'luxury/snowball' item.

Now you build BC if your winning or losing.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniance View Post
If both sides in every game build Black Cleaver one side has to lose when the other wins.

It might not be basic math, but it's still common sense as to why a lower average would be met.

I'm well aware of that, I was just telling him that it's not basic math. My 6 year old couldn't do that, and she can add and subtract and even multiply.

Vonriel

12-10-2012

Note the number of cleavers in this game. Has anyone else seen more?

Guess which team won

Rockpops

12-10-2012

Win rate on items is a terrible way to judge the power of that item.

I think we can all agree that Leviathan is a terrible item, yet it had a pretty high win rate because people only bought it when they were like "**** it, im winning so hard that I can buy the worst snowball item in the game."

Thats just one of many ways one can skew the data. This winrate drop means nothing.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpops View Post
Win rate on items is a terrible way to judge the power of that item.

I think we can all agree that Leviathan is a terrible item, yet it had a pretty high win rate because people only bought it when they were like "**** it, im winning so hard that I can buy the worst snowball item in the game."

Thats just one of many ways one can skew the data. This winrate drop means nothing.
I don't think you got the joke bro.

cranberrymuffzin

12-10-2012

Two main reasons:

1. BC used to be a snowball item, you got it to turn a small lead into a big one. In situations like these, games are generally already won.

2. When both teams have at least one black cleaver, ofc the win rate will go down because one team HAS to lose every game.

Steven Mcburn

12-10-2012

Lol. Title-readers.

I even edited the post to explain the joke before the 3rd post in this thread and you're still trying to act all mathematical. Lighten up.

WhackedRak

12-10-2012

Previously people just bought BC as a troll item when they were already winning and had too much gold.

So at the surrender screen they could type in /all black cleaver OP,

Now, the losing team is buying it pretty evenly with the winning team.

EatFruit

12-10-2012

It was only ever built beforehand when you were stomping