Champion Auditions - Nami, the Tidecaller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

12-09-2012

Alright people, that's that.

I'm cutting off the addition of new smurf accounts, and we're moving on to the audition/writing portion of the auditions!

Hopeful applicants will have until Thursday, December 13th at Midnight PST (GMT -8) to post their auditions. That gives you all of Tonight, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to write up and post your responses.

I look forward to seeing what things you all come up with!

Front page will be updated shortly.

Àsk Nami

12-09-2012

Story –

A great civilization, the home of the Marai, Nami’s home. The underwater paradise was all she knew of this world, she hadn't dared ever leave its borders, for without the protection of the moon stone there would be nothing to protect her from the untold horrors of the sea. It was just an average day for Nami, spending it as she loved to, with her friends, enjoying her life to the fullest and generally doing everything she could to keep herself happy, because after all, what was life without happiness? Nami’s life was carefree, she had no worries, no major responsibilities and for the most part she was able to do as she wished. She was simply swimming wherever the current took her when she saw a flash, for a brief moment she spotted a glimpse of the outside world; it intrigued her, but scared her at the same time… She quickly made her way to the residence of the Marai elders. She found that they were holding a meeting, having nothing else to do, she did what she would always do when she thought of possibly hearing a secret or two, she listened in. What she heard however only came as a shock, the moonstone was losing its power and soon the horrors of the depth would seek to destroy their great paradise? Her home? She felt her entire body tremble at the thought, she couldn’t let that happen, she cared far too much for her people. She made her way home as quickly as possible and began preparing. She had never ventured past the boundaries of her home and couldn't stop herself from shaking. That night she didn't sleep, not even for a moment as her mind was filled with images of what may be beyond the protection of the moonstone. When dawn had come, before most of her people had awoken for their daily tasks, she set forth, making it to the edge of the barrier. Upon reaching it she was stopped by a familiar face, one of the elders had followed her here. He explained to her that this was not a task she would return from, that the only one who could accomplish it was the Tidecaller. Nami refused to sit idly by as her peoples only defence against the depths whittled away. Before anyone could stop her she burst forth from the confides, from the safety of her home, the home she had never once even thought of leaving until just the day before.

Once she had reached the outside she felt a surge of freedom course through her body, it was unlike anything she had ever felt before. Her mind quickly focused however, she had a task to accomplish, one that even she didn't know if she could do… She set forth toward the great deep in search of the abyssal pearl. As she continued on, she felt the darkness of the deep creep in on her. She had never imagined the kind of fear that would overtake her in the next six days. Despite her constant fear of death, her determination kept pushing her forward, she had to do this, for her people, for every single Marai, this generation and the ones to follow.

When Nami returned to her home, being hailed as the Tidecaller she couldn't help but feel completely overwhelmed. She was just as much surprised she had done it as any of the people cheering for her when she brought the pearl. The celebration of her return was grand, the likes of which her generation had never seen. Nami of course took it all in with a sense of self pride, she enjoyed the attention and she would never pass up a party.

Upon her arrival to the surface, she looked around the empty shoreline… There was no one here. She looked toward the pearl that rested in her hands. Maybe she had come early? She discovered a cove that seemed to have some mystical properties, she could only imagine that generations of former Tidecallers had rested in this very place. She waited, and waited and waited some more but the bearer of the moonstone never came… What was she to do now, as she felt her body tremble once more she took a deep breath, the moonstone wasn't coming… Her people needed it to survive and they were all counting on her. Her entire race, the Marai people…their lives were all in her hands. With this in mind she called forth the powers of the Tidecaller, lifting her from the sea and doing the one thing no Marai had ever done before, she ventured into the surface world. She had no choice, she vowed not to return to her home until she possessed a moonstone.

Nami travelled great distances in search of the moonstone, never stopping to rest longer then she needed. Eventually her search led her to the Institute of war. Upon further inspection of the League of legends she determined this would be her greatest chance of finding the moonstone her people so desperately needed. She joined as a champion of the league. Nothing would hold her from her goal; she had to save her people. The idea of using her powers to obtain fame was tempting to her, it took a large sum of willpower for her to stay on task, she would gain the influence needed to complete her objective before it was too late. What sort of Tidecaller would she be if she failed?

================================================== ==============

Interview –

Ram Steed here once again to bring you a first look into the life of the leagues newest star, Nami the Tidecaller. I’ve ventured a fair distance to the shores that Nami has claimed to be her temporary home away from home.

Ram Steed spots a figure floating atop the water. “Excuse me, miss Nami is that you?”

Nami looked up from her relaxation, looking toward Ram Steed with a smile “Yes, how may I help you?”

Ram Steed spoke loudly to make sure she could hear him “ I would like to ask you a few questions if you wouldn’t mind, I’m a journalist.”

Nami couldn't help but smirk, thinking that this could be interesting. But why not have a little fun? "Okay then, I will answer some questions. But only if you come closer, into the water."

Ram Steed looked around, guess it couldn't be helped… He walked slowly into the water and toward Nami, thankfully she wasn’t in too deep. He nodded politely toward her “Yes, indeed, anyway… I was wondering if I could ask you about a few of your fellow champions.”

Nami smiled, looking toward the man and nodding “Ask away.”

Ram Steed nodded “Yes, first off I’d like to ask your opinion on the champion Fizz. What, if any relation do you have with him?”

Nami seemed to shut her eyes for a few moments, thinking of Fizz “I think he’s a very unique creature indeed, I personally don’t know of his race but if it is as great as he claims then there’s a chance it may rival the greatness that is my home. On a personal level I have not spoken much with him, being new to the league I’ve been too busy to really talk to anyone. However, I believe if time permits I would enjoy spending some time with him, he seems like the kind of person who enjoys a lot of fun in their life, I’ve always thought that having fun is one of the most important parts of someone’s life.”

Ram Steed smiled “Interesting…” He carefully wrote down the key points of her answer, being sure to keep the notes away from the water that was reaching around his chest. “Next I’d like to ask you about the champion Nautilus, what are your opinions on him?”

Nami thought for several minutes, she had been told of Nautilus’ tale and felt a sort of pity toward the former man. “Nautilus is an interesting case, his story intrigued me greatly, having fought endless horrors of the ocean’s depth myself I feel that I share some of the pain in which he must have gone through , the fear that would have rushed through his mind as he was being dragged down toward the depths. Overall I believe he is a good man who only seeks to right what has been wronged in his life, while not officially of course I believe if a time were to come where I had to choose sides, I would take his.”

Ram Steed smiled “Just a few more questions now, what are your thoughts on Diana, scorn of the moon? There are rumors going around that it was possibly her people that brought the moonstone for your people.”

Nami let her body lay back in the water, a look of concentration on her usual happy face, she thought of this question for several minutes before finally speaking, “While personality wise I don’t quite like her, I think that, if it was her people who were meant to bring the moonstone to the Tidecaller, then I would enjoy speaking with her privately. I know little more then that I was meant to bring the abyssal pearl here and wait for the bearer of the moonstone, and as such I know not who it is that is meant to bring it. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to believe it is Diana’s people who were meant to, It would mean I’m one step closer to obtaining it. That being said, it also raises some difficulties, she was not born one of her people, and is the last of her kind as far as I know, she doesn’t know of the importance the moonstone has to the Marai. Even if it was their duty, she would not know that, and if it wasn’t them, then she may go looking for something that isn’t even there. There is so much I don’t know, that no one seems to know… However, I will at some point speak to Diana, she could prove to be an important ally one day and I would be in her eternal debt if she were to find a moonstone. Either way from what I’ve learned of Diana’s way of life, I doubt she cares much for the Marai people and as such, I don’t believe I can rely on her help in my quest.” She eventually moved to face him, she seemed to be thinking still, though more so of how much she missed her home now. “Is that all?”

Ram Steed shook his head “Just one last question if you don’t mind, I was wondering if you had any thoughts on Urf, the manatee.”

Nami’s eyes opened wide at the mention of Urf, she smiled widely. “Urf…was truly one of the greatest heroes my people have ever known… I had the honor of meeting him when I was younger, oh how he was an amazing manatee… the sheer joy that he had brought to everyone around him…I…I had fallen for him.” She smiled slightly while looking down. “I told him of my feeling and how much I wanted to stay with him but… He had business to attend to, that’s how I knew about the league of legends and the Institute of war, he told me a bit about the surface world. How champions would fight on behalf of their people and how he planned to become one, I was inspired by his courage, his determination and his love for everything that lived. When he left, my people threw him a party that lasted far past the time he had left, that’s when I realized just how much fun…fun could be.” She kept smiling. “Even though I haven’t heard anything of him yet I hope now that I’m a champion that I can fight alongside him in battle.” She let her body rest back “Let me tell you what Urf did for our people, long before there was any worry about who would become the next Tidecaller, a group of young and adventurous Marai decided to take it upon themselves to find the abyssal pearl, in their minds they just wanted to be heroes but they didn’t know the real danger of the outside world. They left without saying anything. A few days later they returned, Urf was with them, he apparently had found them face to face with a monstrous squid three times the size of the institute of war and battled it by himself to safe them.” She let out a happy sigh “We had never thought much of any other beings besides ourselves as Marai but Urf showed us the power of the other races and how to respect them. “ She had a huge smile on her face. “The moment I see him I plan on throwing one heck of a pool party for him and anyone he wishes to invite.”

Ram Steed sighed, it wasn’t his job to tell her of these things… She would find out in time, “Right... About your journey to the Institute of war, what was that like for you? I imagine it was difficult for someone so used to travelling underwater.”

Nami smiled "It was one of the most difficult things I've experienced in my life, When I arrived on the shores and found that the bearer of the moonstone was nowhere to be found, I had decided that I would not return to my people without it." she seemed to think back for a moment. "It started out easy, as the Tidecaller I have large control over water and with so much of it around I found no issues travelling. However about half way through my journey It became clear just how hard this was going to be, I almost gave up..." She looked down sadly, then smiled "But my dedication to my people pushed me through the hard times and I was able to survive despite being so out of my environment " She sighed happily "When I finally made it I was so relieved, though I was also very sick from dehydration. It took almost all my strength to get me here, but now that I am I know that I can do what is needed for my people."

Ram steed nodded "Thank you Nami, that will be all the questions I have for you today, I wish you luck in your endeavours. " Wish that he made his way out of the water.

Nami let out a satisfied sigh and went for a swim.

================================================== ============

BONUS!!!!

Nami made her way to the Institute of war, alone and without a soul in sight. She had already travelled so far and could almost feel how close the Institute of War was from her grasp, but there was something she had forgotten to consider in her travels. The affects of the sun, it was so hot…So dry. She had not been expecting the sudden heat wave to strike during her travels but with no water in sight she had little options of what she could do. She had little water with her at this point, she needed it to travel effectively , without it she would literally have to flop her way toward the institute of war. What little water she had to keep her body cool and wet seemed to be evaporating at a quick pace and she didn't know what she could do. All at once, her limits were reached and she collapsed onto the hard ground, the heat burning her already cracked and dry body. By now she was about half way to the institute of war, south of Noxus though too far to seek the city-states help even if had known it was there. She had all but given up, her hope lost, unable to cry due to the extreme dehydration she was left there on the floor, motionless. Her mind wandered in her final moments.

The idea of travelling on land seemed so easy back on the shore where the water was plentiful. A sudden flash of her people forced itself to the front of her mind, their carefree lives being destroyed in an instant without the moonstones protection, their final thoughts would be of how their Tidecaller had failed them when they needed her most... She had to do this…She had to save her people but how… As her head rested upon the ground she sensed something…something deep within the surface of the earth… She gripped her staff, and with all the might she could muster, drove it into the hard dirt. She could sense it… She had to get…just a little would help. With every ounce of strength she had left she summoned forth the water streaming in the underground channels. Water burst forth from the crack created by her staff, seeping into her body and revitalizing her. She took what she needed to fuel her body in and forced herself back up, she could do this. With a new supply of water moving her body forward, she returned to her journey toward the institute of war.

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

The water is getting deep! Deep enough to last three days!

Ask Fizzy

12-10-2012

Story

There are many things under the surface of the ocean that the land-dwellers don't know of. Nami and her people, the Marai, are a good example of those. A graceful and beautiful race of humanoid like people, except that they've excellently adapted to living underwater, few ever even seeing a glimpse of the world above water. However, although they never go so high up, they also never go too far down, for although they are an aquatic people they fear the terrors that lie deep in the depths. They would not have been able to survive with those threats present at all if it wasn't for the moonstone, a magical stone that gives off a brightly illuminating light, that wards their home against those terrors, and is also a sign of a pact their ancestors must have made with land-dwellers long ago. The moonstone can only be found in hard to reach places on the land above the sea, and while its light is bright it only lasts for a hundred years. So every one hundred years, one of the Marai goes into the Great Deep in search for an Abyssal Pearl. That Marai is then called the Tidecaller, and is considered a saviour of the people. Because the Tidecaller, after retrieving the Abyssal Pearl, goes to the surface, where a land-dweller will be waiting with a new moonstone, trading it in exchange for the Abyssal Pearl, this pact allowing the Marai to survive in such a dangerous world without fear of what lies below.

Nami herself is a rather young Marai, graceful like the rest of her folk. She loves her people and her home more than anything, and when the chance presented itself she started to train in using the power of the ocean itself to help her people however she can. Kind and joyful, with still a hint of the brashness of youth, she was well loved by her people in return. She had a carefree life, the moonstone protecting her and her people, so while she made sure to train hard in case it would be necessary her life was without any great worry. That changed however when the end of the hundred years approached, and there was no sign of the well known Tidecaller appearing to retrieve another moonstone, and together with the land-dwellers they had made a pact with so long ago protect the Marai for another hundred years. The Marai faithfully waited, sure that at some point the Tidecaller would come to fulfil the task every Tidecaller has performed every hundred years. However Nami was doubtful. While her people were waiting, the time when the light of the moonstone would disappear entirely was approaching. If it turned out something had gone wrong and the Tidecaller wouldn't appear her entire folk was doomed. When it was almost the end of the hundredth year Nami made up her mind and proclaimed that if there was no legendary Tidecaller to save them, she would go and get the Abyssal Pearl, rather risking certain death than doing nothing while her people may die. The other Marai tried to stop her, convince her that it was too dangerous and that a Tidecaller would appear in the end, but Nami refused to wait any longer. She left their home, journeying into the Great Deep with her staff, preparing herself for whatever would try to stop her from saving her people, and although a tiny part of her was also excited to be outside of her home and exploring unknown areas, she stayed true to her task.

Her journey into the Great Deep was even more dangerous than she had imagined it to be, and the other Marai didn't hear anything from her for more than five days. At the end of the sixth day they were all sure that in her desire to save her people and in the brashness of youth Nami had tried to do something no normal person can do, and the price for that mistake had been her life. They continued waiting, still expecting a Tidecaller to appear any day and seal that ancient pact with the land-dwellers above to let their people survive for another hundred years, when at the end of the sixth day Nami returned, exhausted and hurt but alive, holding her staff in one hand and the Abyssal Pearl, the object that she needed to save her people from disaster, in the other. The Marai all celebrated her safe return when she had gone where only the legendary Tidecaller would be able to go, deciding that she had been the Tidecaller all along.

Nami enjoyed the attention she received while recovering from her deadly journey, but since they had all been waiting for the Tidecaller to appear, the time to go to the surface and trade the Abyssal Pearl for the moonstone was almost at hand. Before she even had fully recovered Nami left again, this time heading to the above, intending to finish what she started and protect the people she so dearly loved. When she came to the surface she looked around curious, but since she had a purpose for coming here she quickly regained focus. She tried to find any signs of a land-dweller carrying a moonstone as the legends said there would be, but found nothing. She decided to wait in a mystic cove nearby, expecting the land-dweller to arrive at some point. After she had been there for a couple of days however she was feeling great doubt. The legends were always very clear on the land-dweller who would give them the moonstone in exchange for the Abyssal Pearl, and never had the land-dweller not been there. However, she had been waiting here for days now, every day searching for signs of the person she would perform the ceremonial trade with that would save her people. The light of the moonstone could be disappearing any day now, so waiting was no longer an option. Gathering her courage and summoning the tides to aid her, she came ashore unlike any Marai before her, onto a world even more unknown to her than the Great Deep.

Nami wandered the dry lands with air instead of water for a long while, tirelessly searching for what she would need to help and protect her people. However, no matter how far she went and how long she searched, she found no clue about the whereabouts of a moonstone, or about the land-dwellers that should have been there to trade with her. Finally, she came onto the Institute of War, and the League of Legends. Although wary at first, she came to the conclusion that attaching her to this important organization would be the best chance her people had at that moment. She now fights as a champion for the Institute, using the powers of the tides to help their cause, so in return they can help her with hers. While she is curious and excited about this exotic world above the ocean, she isn't going to let anything stop her from fulfilling her task, getting the moonstone, and saving her people before the old moonstone loses its light and the terrors of the Great Deep claim them.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

Interview

Ram Steed approached the mystic cove near the shore, which is now the temporary home of the newest champion of the League, Nami the Tidecaller. Since the people of Valoran had never seen any of her kind before, he hoped she would be so kind as to accept being interviewed by him. The inside of the cove is damp and cold, causing Ram to shiver slightly as he moves deeper. He finds the now famous mermaid lying in a pool in the cave with her eyes closed, her staff leaning against a stone right next to her. When she notices him approach she opens her eyes and looks at him, seemingly not wary, but rather curious about who would enter her new home.

Nami: "Hey squirt. Want to join me in the water? It's refreshing after having been in the open air for a while~"

She sticks out her tongue at him, a playful glint in her eyes. Ram Steed smiles and bows politely.

Ram Steed: "While that offer sounds nice, I'm here for a different reason miss Nami. You see, ever since you joined the League people have been curious about you, and I was hoping you would grant me an interview."

Nami frowns slightly, thinking about the suggestion, then shrugs and nods smiling, going into a position where she's swimming upright, grabbing her staff and holding it horizontally in front of her.

Nami: "Sure! I've been rather curious about you land-dwellers, so of course you must also be curious about me. Ask away~"

Ram Steed bows again gratefully, taking a notebook and a pencil from his pouch.

Ram Steed: "Thank you very much miss Nami. Since you now have been with the League for a couple of days, I thought I would start with your opinions about some of the other champions, the first one possibly being familiar to you. What is your opinion about Fizz, the Tidal Trickster?"

Nami nods, then giggles when he asks her about Fizz.

Nami: "I think he's a pretty nice kid~ And very brave as well, seeing how he went outside of the safety of his home to explore, even when there was no necessity. I can sympathize with him losing his home, since even though it's a different situation, I'm still separated from my people. I hope he will find out what happened to them, and manage to reunite with them. And that he can still remain cheerful after all that is impressive. I like how he has fun, even during battle, which you can see the way he joyfully jumps around on the battlefield, making all the enemies confused about what's up and down, only to finish them with his shark friend~! I'm sure we'll be able to get along well."

She giggles again at the last part, then waits for Ram Steed to ask his next question. Ram Steed continues for a couple of seconds while taking notes, then smiles politely at Nami.

Ram Steed: "Well, it sounds like you've already found a potential good friend. Now, the next champion I want to ask about is a bit less pleasant to talk about, due to his life story. Would you be so kind as to tell me what you think about Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths?"

Nami's happy mood dampens a bit when she hears him ask about Nautilus. She fiddles a bit with her staff before answering.

Nami: "To be honest I pity him a bit. My people have been living with the threat of the Great Deep for a long time, and without the moonstone we wouldn't have been able to survive, and I personally have even gone into those depths on behalf on my people, and seen terrible things in the process. I don't know him very well as a person, since whenever I encounter him through the League he is silent and brooding, and not inclined to conversation. I feel sorry for Nautilus because of that in contrast to us, he didn't have any protection when he encountered the dangers that the depths provide. As for those who abandoned him when he was the only one brave enough to do his task, I despise them for being such cowards. I won't say that I hope he finds them and makes them pay, but I won't think badly of him if he does."

She hisses a bit at the end, her grip on the staff indicating that talking about Nautilus's supposed friends has made her annoyed. Ram Steed finishes writing down notes in his notebook and nods.

Ram Steed: "I see. Well, I suppose that's something fate will decide. The next champion I want to ask you about might in fact be very closely connected to your own people. If I understand correctly, your mission is to find a moonstone. I wonder what influence that has on your view of Diana, the Scorn of the Moon."

Nami seems to have a bit of trouble with the question, frowning for a while before answering slowly.

Nami: "To be honest I don't really know what I should think about her. If she really is the predecessor of the people that mine had formed a pact with, then I wonder what happened to them. With them gone my people's future is much more uncertain, so her restoring them might be the best hope my people has, and I want to get on good terms with her for that. However, as a person I find her to be bitter and harsh. Given her treatment by those elders from the people that praise the sun that is understandable, but I still find it a bit off putting. I'll try my best though to get on friendly terms with her, both because I think it would be good for her to have a friend and because hopefully she can help me save my people, and hopefully if so I can also make a new pact with her, both to protect my people in the future and to help her people recover from whatever happened to them to make her the last one."

Ram Seed dutifully takes notes about her answer, then scratches the side of his head with his pencil while looking at Nami.

Ram Steed: "Well, those were the champions I wanted to ask you about, but I feel like there's another one your opinion of would be interesting to know. Can I ask your opinion on another champion miss Nami?"

Nami nods, smiling again while spinning her staff a couple of times, the water she's swimming in forming small waves before settling down again.

Nami: "I don't see why you shouldn't. I'll try my best to give an honest answer whoever you pick~"

Ram Steed nods, looking at his notes.

Ram Steed: "Thank you miss Nami. Now then, what is your opinion on Janna, the Storm's Fury?"

Nami tilts her head to one side for a moment, then giggles and slaps her hands together, seemingly very amused by the question.

Nami: "Oh, like the others I don't know that much about her yet except what everybody knows, but she seems so much fun~! Even though she harnesses the power of the sky instead of the ocean, I'm sure we will be able to get along very well~ You know, she's really quite graceful as a land-dweller. No offence meant of course, but she is really astounding to look at. And she's also a nice person, using her power to help others, and enjoying life so well while doing it~! I'll be sure to be good friends with her~"

It looks like Nami now has a very good mood thanks to the last question, smiling broadly at Ram Steed."

Nami: "So, do you have any more questions~?"

Ram Steed laughs a bit at Nami's sudden cheery attitude, then shakes his head.

Ram Steed: "No, I think I've got enough for now. That, and my notes might get damp if I stay here for much longer. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions miss Nami. I hope you'll do well in the League, and that you can find what you seek."

Nami laughs a bit about the part of Ram's notes getting damp, then waves at him with her tail while sticking her tongue out.

Nami: "Alrighty then~! Wish you best of luck too, and you can come back any time if you want to ask me something else~"

Ram Steed nods politely while smiling, then excuses himself as he leaves the cave. Nami places her staff back against the rock next to her, lying back down in the water while closing her eyes, now quietly humming a song.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

Bonus

It was the first couple of days after Nami had come ashore, while she's still travelling aimlessly, trying to find clues about either the whereabouts of a moonstone or those of the land-dwellers that would normally have traded one with her for the Abyssal Pearl that she's still carrying along. Making sure to stay near water sources she journeyed further into the dry lands above the ocean, while moving inspecting her surroundings carefully, both because she's looking for any sign that would help her with her mission, and because of the exhilarating feeling she has as the first Marai to come ashore in who knows how long, having to resist the urge to explore and study every little strange thing she encounters on these dry lands. Eventually she arrives at a road crossing the river she's currently following, with a wagon going over it carrying some people and a lot of stuff which she can't identify because it's all in sacks and pots. The sight of the wagon itself however is much more intriguing for Nami, as she had already spotted some people before, and while she stays out of sight of the people on the wagon she studies it astonished. What a strange thing these people have made, she thought to herself. Especially those round things attached to it. She had never seen a wagon before, because her home was underwater, which has had the result that her people never really invented wheels and vehicles with them to move around with. Now that she sees one however she understands that moving around on these dry lands is a lot harder than at home, so it wasn't that strange what these people had made to make travelling and carrying their stuff around easier. She watches the wagon until it has left her sight completely, her already high curiosity for these dry lands and the people that inhabit them having risen even further. After a couple of minutes she shakes her head and continues following the river further into the dry lands, now a little bit less focused on her mission. While of course she has to do her best to get a moonstone for her people as soon as possible, and any delay could have terrible consequences, the knowledge that these dry lands hold so much interesting and new stuff is making it difficult for her to stay on the task completely. Her sense of duty for her people now having to deal with the new surge of curiosity she journeys onwards, wondering what she will encounter next.

FilFire

12-10-2012

Jesus with dancing monkeys, are these applications always this long or are these two setting a new benchmark?

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

If they're willing to spend the time and effort on becoming our Nami... then so be it. Thanks to the three Nami's who are giving us an idea who they think, Nami is.

Àsk Nami

12-10-2012

I think if you ask Askthetidecaller they'd agree that it was actually quite fun typing this up for Nami, so it doesn't feel like long at all. Even looking at my post I feel like It's not nearly as long as I'd hoped it to be :\

Civilized Rat

12-10-2012

Ryugi, I know this is probably a bit much and you do NOT have to agree with this nor enforce it, but I'd like that, in the future, you require people to list the accounts that they own, smurf or not, before they audition/are accepted. This won't ACTUALLY force them to, but those who are willing/honest enough will come forth and reveal the multiples if they do have any. Realizing so later will just make them look bad.

This whole multiple champion owning **** is beginning to make me realize how much of a problem it is both to us and new visitors. I want to try to lessen it as much as possible, but there's no forcing current owners to single themselves to one champion.

To me, if they don't want us to know what accounts they do own, they obviously don't want the champion.

The only alternative is listing the accounts of all champions, but I'm not sure if that'd work either. People don't have to be honest.

Ask TheThorns

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilized Rat View Post

To me, if they don't want us to know what accounts they do own, they obviously don't want the champion.

The only alternative is listing the accounts of all champions, but I'm not sure if that'd work either. People don't have to be honest.
I don't see how that makes it obvious they don't want the champion. They clearly want the champion if they are taking the account for it...

But i'll have to agree. Multiple champions would get annoying since it makes the chances of getting new people to the community less.

Àsk Nami

12-10-2012

I agree with the fact that people shouldn't own more than one champion, while at the same time I completely disagree with your argument on how to put an end to it. There are a few reasons why people smurf for their ask a champion threads, one of them being to make it easy to identify them, another being so that they may remain anonymous.

Take these auditions for example, Askthetidecaller could be the best of the three auditions we get, however say that their main account is known to those voting and for whatever reason they have a Bias against them (Say for something they did at one point that is completely irrelevant to this audition) Well they might just go and vote for someone else despite the fact that they may very clearly deserve the victory? You see where I'm getting at with this? In the auditions it's important to remain anonymous so that the judging can be done fairly and without any chance of Biased.

Edit: I would also like to know how not wanting to reveal their identity makes it obvious they don't want the champion, the way I see it that simply means they're more into RPing the champ, kind of like a super hero, they need to keep their identity a secret to allow them to work at 100%