#@*&%$$#% Taxes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

poe tay toes

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpartner View Post
That doesn't make sense

Tax =/= bribe

Tax is what provides you with public amenities and facilities

Bribe = giving money because your scared/threatened
that's what big government wants you to think. taxes, at their core, are protection money. you pay the government to keep your neighbors from robbing you blind, to keep the nearby towns from sacking yours, to keep the furriners from pillaging the countryside, and to keep the aliens from invading. all the amenities they offer, that's just fluff and dander politicians use to get people to keep giving them more power, all the while making you pay for it on the back end.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Or because you want something to happen that you don't have power to do.
It's not a power issue if your paying someone to get it done (ie. you just proved you have the power to do it)

It's generally because they feel threatened by something (competition etc)

poe tay toes

12-10-2012

Quote:
You only pay 15.3% tax???

HOLY FUCK that's low
no, that's just my social security tax. most people pay 7.65% and the company they work for matches that. i have to take it all out of my earnings, then pay the rest of my taxes (income, property, and the like).

Jesus the Friend

12-10-2012

Quote:
That doesn't make sense

Tax =/= bribe

Tax is what provides you with public amenities and facilities

Bribe = giving money because your scared/threatened
Yeah? tell that to the 40+% of United Statsians who openly show contempt for taxes because they often benefit the lazy and incompetent and not the people who are paying them.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

So what's a reasonable income tax rate?

Mere Intricacy

12-10-2012

I get most my tax back

Because I earn under 20 something grand a year.

silentpartner

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
Yeah? tell that to the 40+% of United Statsians who openly show contempt for taxes because they often benefit the lazy and incompetent and not the people who are paying them.
Taxes also definitely benefit the lower economic bracket too (unemployed, disabled, low income families etc) but the system has to be designed like that to prevent the country becoming 3rd world-like with 20-25% of people homeless and disease ridden, with dead bodies laying in streets.

Sure you'd keep some more tax but i bet more people would be complaining about the homeless/diseased than the people complaining about paying more tax.

Fact is at-least half of your tax is going into community development (roads/facilities etc) so it could never be compared to a bribe. Which i think you agree with now and realise you were wrong, which is cool.

silentpartner

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
I get most my tax back

Because I earn under 20 something grand a year.
new tax free threshold helping you out a ton aye?

I think it saved me ~$30 a fortnight, like that's gonna cover the rising costs because of the carbon tax >.>. Fuck i hate that ranga

Mere Intricacy

12-10-2012

Ummm not even the tax free threshold.
You get taxed very little in the next couple brackets...
I want to look it up..

Mere Intricacy

12-10-2012

Okay so between 18001 and 37000 its 19c from the dollar.

So if I earn 25 grand.

(7000 x 0.19)/25000 = 1330/25000 = 0.0532

So I get taxed about 5%