Major moral hypocrisy issue in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeadmasterNasus

12-10-2012

[QUOTE=Methelod;32291193]No. My argument is that it is a matter of intent and severity. You can be offended by anything. You could be offended by the fact that the other person just killed your champion.

The problem with your precious little argument is that it fails to account for the truth. And that is that people aren't expected to be perfect, they are allowed leeway in regards to taunting other players assuming it's relatively friendly. It's not hypocritical except in the way that you have worded as such which is a strawman because it's not the truth.

The only time it would be hypocritical is if players were not allowed to joke around with each other and had to be perfect 100% of the time. Fortunately, that little idea doesn't exist. Players can joke around to each other, they can taunt each other but unfortunately for sociopaths, there is a line. Most people don't cross that line but the ones that do get punished.

/QUOTE]

The truth of what, if its so obvious please elaborate? Stop using buzzwords such as strawman because they really have no substance to your already flawed and hallow argument. Your whole first paragraph is filled with sensationalism garbage and explains nothing.

Being offended is an opinion through intent, but by definition taunts are that. Money can be stolen from you and you can choose to be offended or not, but if you are not offended it changes it from theft, to charity. You cant twist the definition of taunt, its doublespeak.

It is hypocritical because I can laugh in game at people once they die through the built in taunt system, but if I type LOL in chat then it okay to ban that person in tribunal.

I see that you cant have a serious conversation without all the name calling, that is pleasant. Do you laugh/harass people in game all the time and pass it off as just "joking"

lmakehersquirtle

12-10-2012

You really want to be "that" guy to complain about the most mediocre things in a free game? Turn your sound off if it bugs you that much. I highly doubt Riot will take out minor emotes to suit such a nonsense argument.

pneumonics

12-10-2012

Feigning that you're offended in order to stir up a false controversy is hypocritical too. Who would have guessed?

HeadmasterNasus

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumonics View Post
Feigning that you're offended in order to stir up a false controversy is hypocritical too. Who would have guessed?
I never said i was offend, just stating that its silly to expect us to follow the rules when the people who created the game don't. Your reading comprehension skills are sub par.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadmasterNasus View Post
I never said i was offend, just stating that its silly to expect us to follow the rules when the people who created the game don't. Your reading comprehension skills are sub par.
You reaching too hard about Riot being hypocrites. There is a difference between what Riot's taunts are and "noob l2p/gg easy/uninstall noobs/surrender already/gg noobs", those remarks are not in-character as Riot's taunts are. Those remarks is plain unsportsmanlike conduct.

BE4ST

12-11-2012

LOL
Funny point.
I agree, the very name of the words says it all "TAUNT"
Another funny one, "Shut your mouth kid, or find yourself respawning at home"

Methelod

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
There's a huge distinction between "Yo I think (that football team) isn't as good as everyone says" trash talk and "haha gg nub r*tards" or worse.

Additionally, trash talking between professional teams/athletes is very different from trash talking random people in a non-coordinated team. The latter is almost always an expression of toxic perspectives instead of friendly rivalries.
/thread