Let's be real - the tribunal is broken

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchierkeWiking

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN View Post
1) If someone (somehow) makes it to the tribunal, even by false reports, they'll be punished 99.99% of the time.
I'm sure you have some data to back that up, right?, or not.

Just from my recent cases:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6030046/#nogo

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6029164/#nogo

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6029508/#nogo

All with multiple reports, minor slips here and there but all pardoned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN View Post
2) If someone has THOUSANDS of honor, and makes it to the tribunal, the honor is not taken into account
Honor has nothing to do with the Tribunal. People can get a lot of honor while still being total a-holes if they're very competent players for example. What's being judged is the fact of that player breaking the Summoner's Code or not, a meaning less number like honor has no influence over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN View Post
3) Someone can be hacked and reported, if they make it to the tribunal, the fast change in IPs are not taken into account.
This is a support issue, nor directly related to the Tribunal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN View Post
4) People get away with racism in the tribunal
What proof do you have to back up that claim?, there are always cases that get pardoned when they shouldn't be because the system is not magical and can't always be right. But racism is usually a very easy way to decide to punish a case.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN View Post
5) I've seen people get PERMANENTLY suspended for calling someone a noob in their tribunal report. (yes, they had past warns, but "noob" isn't a reason to be reported).
Because you say so?

"Noob" is an offensive term used to demean a player which violates the Summoner's Code. If something violates the SC then it should be punished by the Tribunal. Is that so hard to understand?

Also, for someone to get permanently banned they need to have been punished by the Tribunal several times. One time it may be an error, but 3, 4, 5?, don't think so. Those who get permabanned are aholes that ruin the game for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN View Post
Last week, my friend, who has $1120 on his account, plus has brought in over 300 LEGITIMATE refferals, had 1446 total honor, and who almost never broke a single rule got permanently suspended for one report. The report? He said "gg noobs" at the end of a game. All that gone because of that. That's not offensive in the slightest.
Without a reform card your words are meaningless. Also as I said before he would have been warned and time banned several times before if got permabanned. If he got so many chances to reform and decided to continue being an ahole, even with something as small as "gg noobs" then it's clear he/she was never going to change. Hopefully your friend never comes back, then game already has enough aholes in it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getsuei

Senior Member

12-10-2012

What do repeated offenders get ixDrAGoN?

Reform card, word of mouth gets you nowhere.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN View Post
Since you decided to link to murder, and bring in the real world, I'll bring forth my experience. I'm a paralegal at a law firm, so I'll have a field day with you.

If someone is convicted of a minor offense, they'll often be let off with a warning, or, the more likely factor, be let off with a significantly reduced sentence.

If someone is convicted of a major offense, rather than having them placed in a maximum security prison with rapists and murderers and such, they'd often be considered more lightly for their first offense and given less time in a higher security prison, less time in a lower security prison, or same time but in a low security prison.

In real life, if someone is honorable 99.9% of the time, they're often pardoned or given reduced sentences as a result.
This is going to be fun, hope your law firm is pretty strong.

In this game there is no sliding scale of minor or major offense. Basically in the real world it would be all classified as minor offenses. In the situation we are in (based on your friend being permabanned) we have the minor offenses of his history to determine that he was in line for a punishment suitable to the repetition of the crime in question.

Based on the fact that a Warning email, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 7 day ban, and 14 day ban are the standard for informing people their behavior is out of line and needs to be adjusted we are already dealing with a repeat offender. Standard punishments are not functionally working on this person. We have no means to declare the person unable to control their behavior. Thus it has no application on our format of the legal procedure.

Here we have a tribunal of peers determining if the warning-14 day are in order. Thus in 5 separate instances your friend (perhaps I should call him client?) has been guilty of committing an offense. This we can not argue on due to a lack of a reform card post. Thus we are unable to confirm or deny that it was justified due to lack of evidence. Based on the fact that it was a permaban we can assume riot reviewed the entire history and determined it was in order.

We can inference that the solution was reached due to multiple possible solutions being ignored by your friend and his assumption that he would not be punished more severely for his actions. Now that the 6th attempt to solve this problem and final has happened suddenly the process is broken?

Do you really think that "My client has been shoplifting 5 times in the past, but this 6th time the justice system is broken" is a valid argument?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seperiz

Junior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
1: No, if they make it into the tribunal with only false reports they get pardoned. It's happened before.
2: Honor does not give you a free pass to be dishonorable.
3: I have never seen someone actually get banned by the tribunal if hacked. I have seen someone claim it was a hacker when it wasn't in the past.
4: Those same people will end up in the tribunal again, and will eventually get their punishment.
5: Permabans are reviewed over the entire history of the account.

You then produce the most comical statement I've ever seen. My friend has paid money, and thus should be immune to having their behavior reviewed. Or referrals, or honor.

Post his reform card and we can give you the real reason why he was voted punished in that reform card.
Love this guy. Totally deluded into believing his own self-righteousness. You then produce the most comical statement I've ever seen....you paraphrased and misconstrued the meaning of a statement to lend your weak statements creedence.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperiz View Post
Love this guy. Totally deluded into believing his own self-righteousness. You then produce the most comical statement I've ever seen....you paraphrased and misconstrued the meaning of a statement to lend your weak statements creedence.
I would still review the reform card if it was posted. To assume that it was a false punish is as bad as to assume it was deserved. I can not say one way or the other that it was acceptable. For some mystical reason you seem to understand and be able to determine I am self-righteous. I didn't paraphrase the statement for no reason. You choose to not read that part though do you? I'll quote it so you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN View Post
Last week, my friend, who has $1120 on his account, plus has brought in over 300 LEGITIMATE refferals, had 1446 total honor, and who almost never broke a single rule got permanently suspended for one report. The report? He said "gg noobs" at the end of a game. All that gone because of that. That's not offensive in the slightest.
The initial defense of this friend who has spend $1120 on his account, has 300 referrals, and over 1400 honor has been permanently banned and his reform card is viewed as having only the offense of "gg noobs" in it. Does $1120 spent, 300 referrals or 1400 honor excuse the "gg noobs" at all? No. It has no application on it. This is confirmed in the FAQ. Here is your Red post quote with link:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Do paying players get leniency?
Paying customers are treated exactly the same a non-paying customers by the Tribunal.
This makes the defense of $1120 moot. 300 referrals means that he has brought 300 people into the game. Their behavior is not at fault here. Those are completely different people and they will not be punished for his behavior. Finally we come to the point of Honor.

Noun
High respect; esteem.
Verb
Regard with great respect.

We are asked to assume based on a number that the person has high respect from his peers. We are asked to treat this person with great respect. We are also asked to not have any idea who the person is or the state of the reform card in which we are denied the option to review. We are asked to assume the tribunal is broken based on a person whom has been given the ultimate punishment with no means or options to agree that the person did not deserve the situation.

Your "credence" is that you assume the OP's friend does not in fact deserve any form of punishment. Even after the fact that he has been openly declared as permabanned. Perhaps you have completed a false conclusion based on facts that are not present. Would you care to elaborate?

editing in correction: changing from "OP" to "OP's friend"


12