The boss of a small company has 4 employees

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Excuse me for not being a lawyer.

How is it not a requirement? If I can fire someone for any reason except a select few reasons how can someone prove discrimination if I say I fired them because I didn't like the car they drove?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Excuse me for not being a lawyer.

How is it not a requirement? If I can fire someone for any reason except a select few reasons how can someone prove discrimination if I say I fired them because I didn't like the car they drove?
Try reading my first post, derpmaster 6000. I set out the three eleents of proving discrimination. Ill say again: intent is irrelevant. Intent is always irrelevant. You try arguing to people that the car they drive is a legitimate business reason to fire them, kay? Please do it on camera when you get deposed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

Senior Member

12-10-2012

And I'm telling you that I don't need a legitimate business reason to fire them. That's the entire premise of my questions, simpleton 7000.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
And I'm telling you that I don't need a legitimate business reason to fire them. That's the entire premise of my questions, simpleton 7000.
And that isn't relevant derpmaster 9000. Why is it that you simple minded idiots lack basic reading comprehension? Is reading so difficult for you? How f-cking stupid are you? Go back and read my post again. Read it until you realize why your questions have nothing to do with employment discrimination, you cretin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

Senior Member

12-10-2012

I see that you cannot answer the question, dongmasuese 8000. I will go in search of someone who actually knows their stuff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-10-2012

Your question is meaningless. Like someone asking "what if there is no motive in a homicide case" how to prove guy wanted to kill him??

Derp less derpmaster 15000

The reason I can't answer your question is because I literally have no idea what your question is. If I prove you discriminated and then fired me what difference does it make why you said you fired me when your reason is some bs excuse you pulled out of ass? (In elans case , not a *****)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
And I'm telling you that I don't need a legitimate business reason to fire them. That's the entire premise of my questions, simpleton 7000.
And I told you that federal labor discrimination law doesn't care about at-will state laws. Why fo you bring up questions which ate absolutely tangential and completely irrelevant and act like they matter?

Stupid man, no wonder you are paid $11/hr to derp around at a job mentally challenged individuals can perform


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quision

Member

12-10-2012

Sad that these days you can't even fire your worst worker without possibly being sued. That's why I want to be my own boss someday.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

Senior Member

12-10-2012

You're pretending as if your replies have anything remotely to do with my questions. They merely reaffirm what I already knew. I'm not even arguing against your points you're merely failing to address my questions.

You work at Elan's Fabulous Sausage Factory 500. I fire you because I don't want queers working for me. On the official paperwork, I cite your inability to match your clothes properly as my reason for dismissing you. How do you prove I fired you for being a queer? At-will state laws say I don't have to have a valid business reason for terminating employment as long as the reason is not on that short list of discriminatory reasons for which I can't terminate your [s]life[/s] employment. If there are federal laws which supersede such state laws, what are they? Or if I'm misinterpreting what I know of at-will, where's my error?

Edit: Plebs can't use strikethrough?! This forum is oppressive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
You're pretending as if your replies have anything remotely to do with my questions. They merely reaffirm what I already knew. I'm not even arguing against your points you're merely failing to address my questions.

You work at Elan's Fabulous Sausage Factory 500. I fire you because I don't want queers working for me. On the official paperwork, I cite your inability to match your clothes properly as my reason for dismissing you. How do you prove I fired you for being a queer? At-will state laws say I don't have to have a valid business reason for terminating employment as long as the reason is not on that short list of discriminatory reasons for which I can't terminate your life employment. If there are federal laws which supersede such state laws, what are they? Or if I'm misinterpreting what I know of at-will, where's my error?

Edit: Plebs can't use strikethrough?! This forum is oppressive.

Ok moron, here it is in plain English:

state law is irrelevant in title vii federal labor discrimination action. Period. At-will employment contract interpretation is whollly irrelevant. IRRELEVANT. Federal law does not supersede state law in this context, it is wholly separated and operates by itself under its own law. Why do you even continue bringing it up? Do you understand this simple fact, you simple-minded tool?

Now, you finally ask the $1 million question "How do I prove you fired me because you are discriminating against me?" We'll ignore the fact that you picked sexual orientation, which isn't a federally protected employee class. Let's assume, for your puerile mind, that it is a protected class.

This is extremely simple. We present evidence of you making homophobic remarks, in private or at the work place or on the internet. We present evidence that of the 10 previously homosexual employees that you hired, you fired nine of them within 6 months of learning they were homosexual. We present evidence that you are a Republican and a Christian, and that you voted against allowing homosexual marriage. We present evidence that of the 500 resumes you received for various positions at your factory which self-identified as homosexual, you hired zero of them despite 80% of them being qualified for the job they applied for. We present evidence that despite your claim the employee cannot dress properly, he is a fashion major and knows how to dress himself, having won numerous awards for being well-dressed in various fashion magazines.

The plaintiff moves for summary judgment.

Get owned, and learn to ask the question you want an answer to instead of asking some unrelated garbage that has no relevance to anything and hoping your audience knows what you mean.