Does The Tribunal Work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norwenna

12-09-2012

if you put one wrong person in prison on 1000 people, it work ?
and that person is not even allowed a word in it ?
and after the person cant change decision ?

how can people decide if i was ruining game if they cant even see game ?
that system is broken

SimplyAlive

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwenna View Post
if you put one wrong person in prison on 1000 people, it work ?
and that person is not even allowed a word in it ?
and after the person cant change decision ?

how can people decide if i was ruining game if they cant even see game ?
that system is broken
A failure rate of around 0,5% is accepted in nearly all forms of science out there. To demand perfection is na´ve and pointless, as nothing is perfect.

ielts7

12-10-2012

this community is so toxic even worse than that stupid tribunal

Jesustim

12-10-2012

Because I don't have priority access to tribunal statistics I can't tell you whether it works or not, but I can tell you that I haven't seen a degredation in the number of trolls, harassment, or idiocy in random games so from that you can either say it doesn't work, or there are too many people sifting in to replace the ones it drives off/reforms for it to work in anything but the extreme long run.

ZzObscurityzZ

12-10-2012

tribunal is far from perfect.. and imo is only slightly accurate and that's more based on the fact everyones personal opinion is in the end the deciding factor in the punish or pardon... that in itself is a flawed system..

If half the community thinks saying gg noob at the end of a game is bannable and the other doesnt.. who is right? And more importantly what half will you get when you end up in the tribunal for something as trivial as that?

You may not get a perma ban for something like that but after a number of lesser suspensions it will influence a perma ban down the road if you do end up crossing the line more seriously.

Players should never judge the player base that in anyway could cause someone to be banned from a game. The only thing the player base can judge is the company that is providing the game.. It's riots job to dictate the community as far as what's "right" to do.. Not provide tools to the players and have them do there jobs for them.

As someone who takes losing probably too seriously.. I'm far from the ideal player base this game is looking for.. cause passion for a game leads to rage when things dont go your way and happiness when it does.. and there is such a huge gap in skill levels that more often then not you'll get that less skilled player that just ends up feeding.. doing poorly.. and causing you to lose the game.. And guess what I'd be the first one to tell that person there horrible.. and they need to go play bots.. not touch this game ever again.. etc etc..

It's kind of sad when 1 person who feeds.. is playing there first game with a champ and doesnt know what to do and plays poorly isnt the problem.. its the 9 other players who are when they try to call him out.. But this game is in the mindset that 1 player is more important then 9.

shiimmyshamm

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
A) You got a warning.
B) It was a majority punishment meaning it was more then likely the selection of judges you got.
C) To play the devil's advocate (Even though I would have pardoned), In games two and five, you had more deaths then the rest of your team, well most of them, so your score seems to support what they said in that you were trolling.

Overall, it looks like you got dealt a bad hand but proclaiming the tribunal is broken because you have one case that is a false positive that was a warning is not broken when the tribunal deals with hundreds of cases each day. 1/100 at the very least isn't that bad.

So I stand by my point, the tribunal may have made a mistake but it is far from broken.
This is coming from the guy this thread was made about on a different account. I received one ban, my friend (who I take full responsibility for) received the others. I let him play this smurf account whenever he queue dodged and he didn't tell me he got it banned.
It doesn't matter if he got a warning or not. If he would have been banned before, this could have been basis for a permaban.

shiimmyshamm

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Sir. Sir... did you not read my post? ONE mistake out of thousands is not broken. I'm sorry that this is a lost concept. Oh well, I'm done. You are proving to be a broken record.
Since you are complaining about my game 3. If I get banned, I want that teemo banned because what he said was far worse. Btw from now on I am reporting everyone in all the games I play that way If i get banned and they say something worse they are getting banned too. Once enough people that barely said anything get banned maybe they will take a second look.

GON the Mage Guy

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiimmyshamm View Post
Since you are complaining about my game 3. If I get banned, I want that teemo banned because what he said was far worse. Btw from now on I am reporting everyone in all the games I play that way If i get banned and they say something worse they are getting banned too. Once enough people that barely said anything get banned maybe they will take a second look.
If you carpet report everyone, then your report weight is reduced, eventually making your reports worthless.

Also, how do you know that the Teemo wasn't punished? Did you report them?

If you're not using the system correctly, there's consequences. Just like if you're a jerk to someone.

shiimmyshamm

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
If you carpet report everyone, then your report weight is reduced, eventually making your reports worthless.

Also, how do you know that the Teemo wasn't punished? Did you report them?

If you're not using the system correctly, there's consequences. Just like if you're a jerk to someone.
No I didn't report him because what he said wasn't even that bad. Plus I didn't mean literally report everyone, but if anyone says anything remotely close to bad I am going to report them. Not out of spite, but for the fact that if I get banned they might reconsider not banning me after they will have to ban 100 other people. #Lolreplay

NecroticBinder

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiimmyshamm View Post
The hell are you talking about? Why are you quoting me and talking about things that I never mentioned. In all honesty your statements are illogical because in neither of the posts I quoted Inever said anything about a game three.

The other thing you quoted has absolutely nothing to do with what you said either. So I must ask, are you simply delusional? Because your state things that have nothing to do with what you quote.