Does The Tribunal Work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClearSkyss

12-09-2012

Dude tribunal works man. If you say gg you get banned. If you say hi you get banned. If you update you get banned. So tribunal is banning people as intended.

Tio Gamborin

12-09-2012

I saw the case of your friend already and is ridiculous the tribunal decision, Im so diapointment about this game.

Donoblaine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

i can see why you got banned cause you swore a lot in those games but u got time banned and this guy got PERMA banned because of these last reports. And the only reason they report is most likely because they got mad cause they were doing bad and he called them out and then they couldn't say anything or come up with a come back so they report and act like its just.

Baal

12-09-2012

The tribunal isn't a true representation of the League population. Only the white knights do tribunal. The type of person who ends up on the Tribunal isn't really the person who participates in judging. Ergo the Tribunal's judgement is going to be overly swayed towards the hyper-sensitive.
If you really disagree with how the Tribunal is run, go in and vote yourself. Be the change you want to see.

Methelod

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donoblaine View Post
here is one of the cases and he gets perma banned.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5972254/#nogo
As already stated, He's not the worst, but game three definitely earned him his punishment from the voters. He called someone else retarded, that may be acceptable to you but to the community. Not so much.

There is also a lot of sentiment within this thread that proves you have almost no idea how the tribunal works. First of all, there is no more IP. So, no, your theory about there being a lot of people spamming punish for IP is out. Given that there was around a 50% pardon rate also negates that theory.

Secondly, as stated before in this thread which you ignored. Permabans are reviewed by Riot. They were not permabanned for JUST these games. In any regard. It takes more games to get to the tribunal, we don't see those cases. The people who judged his case at Riot have access to a lot more information in the tribunal. They were permabanned because they are jerks who made it clear they are not going to correct their behavior.

Quote:
And on another note if You are gonna get mad over someone using strong language then why do you not turn mature language filter on? I mean if no one uses it then why is it there. And you can just mute them if they are annoying.
Is also silly. Because the only bans that occur for "strong language" are usually racial, or homophobic slurs. Or calling people something like *******. Simple cursing does not get you banned in most cases. There is a time and a place for everything. And the mute button only stops them from making the problem worse, it doesn't fix the problem and hurts the team overall.

Let me make an analogy. You have a child, this child writes on the walls with crayons. You take them away and tell him that he needs to stop doing that. Give the crayons back. He does it again, you take the crayons away, tell him again, and don't give them back for a while longer. This repeats until you decide that the child is absolutely not going to learn so you just never give the crayons back. In this case, the child would be your friends. The crayons would be the game. And them writing on the wall would be them being jerks to other players.

Quote:
The tribunal isn't a true representation of the League population. Only the white knights do tribunal. The type of person who ends up on the Tribunal isn't really the person who participates in judging. Ergo the Tribunal's judgement is going to be overly swayed towards the hyper-sensitive.
If you really disagree with how the Tribunal is run, go in and vote yourself. Be the change you want to see.
This argument is also silly because the problem was before that the tribunal was too sensitive. Towards the players being judged. People would get away with all sorts of things. So, this argument is also silly and offensive. But the final sentence is at least true.

Norwenna

12-09-2012

i did that, i went tribunal and voted punish on everyone because i get punished for nothing.
i have 4/4 so far ... prove that system works so well no ? it so broken.

Methelod

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwenna View Post
i did that, i went tribunal and voted punish on everyone because i get punished for nothing.
i have 4/4 so far ... prove that system works so well no ? it so broken.
What a silly argument from a silly person.

That literally proves nothing. You did four cases. The tribunal is designed so that way only cases that are suppose to be punished are theoretically supposed to be there. So if I take a random sample of four people out of thousands... do you think that everyone is going to match those four people?

Norwenna

12-09-2012

the tribunal is dumb, how can you judge a game without seeing it

people assume stuff they write is true and if you dont talk and dont defend yourself you are punished and you cant even do anything about it

Methelod

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwenna View Post
the tribunal is dumb, how can you judge a game without seeing it

people assume stuff they write is true and if you dont talk and dont defend yourself you are punished and you cant even do anything about it
I'll take the bait. You aren't judging the game, technically. You are judging how the player behaves towards other people for most of the time. You are judging what they say.

So, if a person is raging at their teammates and being a jerk. You have the evidence there. And given that most people according to Lyte don't say anything your statement is false. There is a difference between defending yourself, and going down to their level. You get banned for the latter and not the former.

Norwenna

12-09-2012

Then why i get punished and said NOTHING.