A friendly message to the ADC from your support.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerebralbore101

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Do...

Get boots +3 pots to start.

Rush a Vamp Scepter before your level 2 boots. You need this for sustainability.

Rush IE. This maxes your damage quickly.

Rush PD, after IE. Getting more crits, and AS boosts your DPS faster than building bloodthirster.

Don't...

Get Doran's Blade. It is bad compared to all of the other ADC items out there.

Rish RH, over IE/PD. (Unless you are Varus/Teemo) RH. Dealing damage to three enemies at once sounds great, until you realize that you've just made the damage you deal to single targets much much lower.

Build Tri-Force. (Unless you are Corki/Ez.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guy on a bus

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Correction: Add rush BT to the 'don't' list. Add Rush PD to the 'do' list.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsphodelNext

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Idk, I think Doran's Ring gives ADC's that all important AP and mana regen required to stay viable early game.
Seriously, though, read what you write, it's Doran's Blade, not Doran's Ring.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMPuffy

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Looks like my support has some bad advice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy on a bus View Post
Correction: Add rush BT to the 'don't' list. Add Rush PD to the 'do' list.


You want damage and survivability before you want movespeed/crit/aspd.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Never rush PD, ever.

That said, Infinity Edge is slightly superior to Blood Thirster unless you

a. Can farm like a boss right after you buy it.
b. Can stay alive to keep stacks on it.

After it gets fully stacked it provides more than Infinity Edge, but Infinity Edge is stronger right when you buy it. IE also synergizes better with PD.

Also, Trinity force is NOT a bad item on a select few ADC's... Namely Ezreal, Corki, and sometimes Sivir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerebralbore101

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
You want damage and survivability before you want movespeed/crit/aspd.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Never rush PD, ever.

That said, Infinity Edge is slightly superior to Blood Thirster unless you

a. Can farm like a boss right after you buy it.
b. Can stay alive to keep stacks on it.

After it gets fully stacked it provides more than Infinity Edge, but Infinity Edge is stronger right when you buy it. IE also synergizes better with PD.

Also, Trinity force is NOT a bad item on a select few ADC's... Namely Ezreal, Corki, and sometimes Sivir.
Maybe I should change it to... Don't rush triforce over IE, Vamp Scepter, Boots, etc. I just hate it when people rush tri-force, and have zero damage or sustian.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aphronyaa

Senior Member

12-10-2012

A friendly message to support's who don't know what AD carries should build in certain situations:

Don't tell us what to do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebralbore101 View Post
Maybe I should change it to... Don't rush triforce over IE, Vamp Scepter, Boots, etc. I just hate it when people rush tri-force, and have zero damage or sustian.

Actually, I've seen Ezreals be very successful rushing Trinity Force if they are doing well. All you need for Sustain is a Vamp Scepter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hakari L

Senior Member

12-10-2012

don't rush PD? once you get IE your crit is suddenly 250% damage, which means any crit chance increase is now worth much more than before. This is why you go IE>PD>BT, some ADC have skills that scale well with attack speed, for those they could go PD>IE>BT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthywes5t24 View Post
don't rush PD? once you get IE your crit is suddenly 250% damage, which means any crit chance increase is now worth much more than before. This is why you go IE>PD>BT, some ADC have skills that scale well with attack speed, for those they could go PD>IE>BT.
Name a single ADC who benefits more from PD > IE/BT.

Kog'maw is the only one I could possibly see an argument for.

If you say Vayne, you're wrong.


123