People really need to learn what intentional feeding means.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinetyNineTails

12-09-2012

I vividly remember a game I played as mid Vlad against Kassadin where I ended at 0/12/2. I wasn't intentionally feeding, and punishing me for doing so would have been, as I understand it, against Riot's intentions for the Tribunal.

I try to judge the intentional feeding cases that come before me when I'm doing Tribunal with that in mind

Zielmann

12-09-2012

Yeah, there's not really a point of 'more than x number of death is intentional feeding'. I've seen people legitimately go 0/8/0 before. Occasionally you'll get in a game where one of the teams is simply outclasses, and they don't get a single kill. I've been on both the giving and receiving ends of this situation before.

On the contrary, I've seen people with positive records in the tribunal who I did find guilty of intentional feeding. These tend to be fairly obvious, because there is chat evidence of it. They'll say something like "I'm tired of carrying you people, gonna feed now".

So when I judge for these sorts of things, I take into account the whole picture. What are their items? How long was the game? How many deaths did they have? Kills and assists? What about CS? What were they behind in levels compared to the rest of the team? Is there chat evidence of it? How many people reported them? Did their opponents report them for it as well?

A good reason why you simply can't look at quantity of deaths alone was illustrated to me in a game the other day. We had a guy on our team pick jungle Rengar. Okay, that's fine. But he ran straight into mid and fed first blood to their mid before the game had really even gotten started. He then proceeded to leave the game. So at this point, it looks like he'll just get a leave, with an 0/1/0 record with 0 cs. However, at around the 19:00 mark, the guys reconnects to the game, presumably to avoid getting the actual leave mark on his record. He proceeded to just feed 3 more kills before it hit 20:00 and we were able to surrender.

So he would have ended the game 0/4/0, which is a believable record for simply having a bad game. But he also had under 10 cs at 20:00, and would have been pretty well underleveled.

Norwenna

12-09-2012

I was reported for feeding but i was not feeding
tribunal is so stupid

Great Pyrenees

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwenna View Post
I was reported for feeding but i was not feeding
tribunal is so stupid
Yes it is the tribunals fault someone did a false report on you .. wait? NO! You really should not worry about false reports, people who make them their reports count for 0. Only legitimate reports get you into the tribunal. I would say out of the 700 cases Ive judged only 2 were legitimate intentional feeders. So you guys are worried about what? Being in the 1.4% that face the tribunal? Or being in the 0.001% that actually do intentionally feed and get into trouble for it? Really you have nothing to worry about at all. The summoners code is there to protect us and Judges want to hit pardon =)

Norwenna

12-09-2012

ok i will report evryone i play with that i dont like then

mambawarrior0

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwenna View Post
ok i will report evryone i play with that i dont like then
You need to be permabanned.

Bergtau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Boots 2/5 and five Zeals makes it pretty clear.

Teleport/Revive are good indicators.

Six stacks of wards or no items, these are also good indicators.
Gold earned is more accurate. I often sell all my stuff and buy random **** if we're going to lose and I'm dead.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
Gold earned is more accurate. I often sell all my stuff and buy random **** if we're going to lose and I'm dead.
Then do this at the risk of being punished for intentional feeding. Gold earned isn't a good enough stat, because they could play legitimately for the first 30 minutes of a match, then get pissed at their team and decide to start feeding for the last 10 minutes. Their gold earned, heck, even their KDA could look fine. But if they were reported for intentional feeding and they've got clearly troll items (mostly maximizing movement speed stuff) (particularly on champions that definitely don't build that stuff), then I'm probably going to vote punish.

Once, there was a match where a Skarner, reported for intentional feeding had purchased 6 boots. Someone asked him why he had 6 boots. He said "I've got 6 feet."

Norwenna

12-09-2012

well if i was reported for playing normally why would i not report others for the same.

Bergtau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Then do this at the risk of being punished for intentional feeding. Gold earned isn't a good enough stat, because they could play legitimately for the first 30 minutes of a match, then get pissed at their team and decide to start feeding for the last 10 minutes. Their gold earned, heck, even their KDA could look fine. But if they were reported for intentional feeding and they've got clearly troll items (mostly maximizing movement speed stuff) (particularly on champions that definitely don't build that stuff), then I'm probably going to vote punish.

Once, there was a match where a Skarner, reported for intentional feeding had purchased 6 boots. Someone asked him why he had 6 boots. He said "I've got 6 feet."
Sorry, I meant to say gold earned makes for a more accurate assessment in addition to other stuff. Also, yeah, somebody could start feeding for the last little while after playing normally most of the game, but I'd rather give those people a free pass than ban those who don't deserve it. Knowing how people vote in Tribunal, I could go out and troll a ton and not get banned simply because there wouldn't be proof that I wasn't just a bad player.

Tribunal needs graphs and timelines. Purchase history, etc. More information to see what the player was actually doing instead of what the end result was, because a troll can end up in the same exact place as a newb, which is all that Tribunal gives you.