I'm afraid to do PvP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sugarbutt87

12-09-2012

Hey everyone, I've been playing for about a month now, I'm level 15 and I've been reading on here that you should start pvp around level 5 but I'm afraid because my brother told me it's too intense for me. He says I shouldn't do it until I can get 0 deaths in an intermediate bots game. I'm just afraid that I'll play a normal game, and I will suck and cause my team to lose. Idk. So I wanna know, what do y'all think?

Radiums

12-09-2012

just play normal, you will be matched with players your skills after a few game

awesomejak

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutt87 View Post
Hey everyone, I've been playing for about a month now, I'm level 15 and I've been reading on here that you should start pvp around level 5 but I'm afraid because my brother told me it's too intense for me. He says I shouldn't do it until I can get 0 deaths in an intermediate bots game. I'm just afraid that I'll play a normal game, and I will suck and cause my team to lose. Idk. So I wanna know, what do y'all think?
Depends on how comfortable you are/feel... If you feel like you are good top and you have a champ that you main.. go in a PvP... Not really much you can lose..... either you win or lose and really you should just jump in... Your only gonna.learn from it.

Shottymaster

12-09-2012

For your first several PVP games, you most likely WILL suck and drag your team down, but there's no way for you to get accustomed to it unless you actually play it. The matchmaking system will drop your rating fairly quickly so that you get to where your proper placement is, so you can get accustomed to PVP in relative peace.

domoKing

12-09-2012

i dont think bot games are good practice to prepare to pvp. only useful thing is to go in yolo420swag. if u suck, get better. nbd.

Blue Scarlet

12-10-2012

personally who cares what people think, play bots all you want or play ARAMS all you want but in the end you do what you feel its right because in most future games when you see you could save a ally but it will cost you your life yet you can leave them and escape yourself you will have to decide what to do.
"PLAY WITH YOUR HEART OUT SUMMONER!!
IT'S YOUR CALL, MAKE THE CHOICE!!
YOU CAN DO IT! YOU HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN IT!!
NOW GO DO IT!
End of fking story." - Some guy

alextamm

12-10-2012

I only play bot games to get the free xp/ip.. I was told they give the same as a regular game but its capped to 5 games per day for normal exp.. Cannot confirm if its true but they are level 30 so I take their word.. AI is so easy.. my first game here on LoL, i went like 21-0 -_-

RadicalEquinox

12-10-2012

I had the exact same problem when i was in the level range of 10-20. Before that, you should have done alot of PvP because you are all on even grounds without runes. Once i reached level 15, I couldn't win PvP NO MATTER WHAT because most of the time it matched me with people over level 20, so they had somewhat-full to full rune pages. If you are afraid of PvP just do some more bot games until you reach level 20, buy some runes, then you should be better off at playing PvP. Hope this helped.

EDIT: I saw your comment about getting 0 deaths in intermediate. Totally not true. I still go 10-20 kills and 2-6 deaths in intermediate. Dont compare humans with bots.

~FreezeBand

Panzy40

12-10-2012

worst case scenario you feed a crapton and lose the game. It's not ranked. You're not even level 30, either...... Heck, you don't have a full tier 3 rune page. Don't worry about it. It's how you get better. I never played bot games. Didn't even know they existed. Yeah i sucked for a while but it's no big deal

Lead

12-10-2012

It's honestly not as hard as it may seem.