Best build for nami?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyPigBagina

12-08-2012

How is she best played? (AP, On hit, adc)?
What items should I use on her?

Uncanny Doom

12-08-2012

Riot designed her to be the quintessential example of a Support, and that's what she's best at.

Some items to build are:

Shurelya's Reverie
Ionian Boots
Sightstone (Should be built on every support)
Mikael's Crucible
Locket of the Iron Solari
Kage's Last Breath
Aegis of the Legion (if someone else isn't going to build it)

There's not one clear best build for a support imo. Building on support is about getting what best fits your team's needs.

Aeris Borealis

12-09-2012

Hi there, I main support and I have tried her a few times.

It seems that some of Nami's abilities require quite alot of mana, so personally, I would go for
(All in order)

1. ) Faerie Charm + 2 Sight Wards + 1 Vision Ward + 2 HP Pots(Requires the extra gold in masteries)
2.) Philo Stone + Sightstone
3.) Philo + Sightstone + Boots + Faerie Charm
4.) Philo + Sightstone + Boots + Chalice (to reduce mana problems)
4.) Shurelias + Sightstone + Boots (Tier2)+ Chalice
5.) Shurelias + Sightstone + Boots (Tier2) + Michaels Crucible
6.) Shurelias + Sightstone + Boots (Tier3) + Michaels Crucible

I rush Shurelias first just because boosting allies movement speed is important in team fights,
especially if you have your enemies already slowed by your ulti, it also gives you the chance to clutch heal someone or even stun them.

The thing is, if your enemy support doesn't have shurelias first, you will more likely to win the fight, as you have more escape/chasing power.

From then on, you can pressure them with your advantage from the won teamfight.

I hope this helps, because as support, we may be a bit under appreciated, but we are really like the mastermind of the game, cause we dont have to worry about csing, and can always time buffs and check the map.

SouthSideBumper

12-09-2012

why in god's name would Nami be an ADC?

Oyxl

12-10-2012

I'm experimenting with several builds right now. I'm still in the minileague, so I can afford it.

I take Flash and Clarity. Mana is not an issue very often.
I usually go like this;
1. Crystalline Flask + 4 Wards
2. Sightstone
3. Kage's lucky pick
4. Boots of Speed
5. Tear of the Goddess
6. Boots of Mobility + Alacrity

From there, go with optionals (especially CDR) and upgrades.

Why I'm not pushing Shurelya, is mostly the cost of the entire thing, versus the actual benefit. It depends on the early lane phase. If we get a streak of near-kills, I might consider it, but considering that the cost of building it early, is counter productive to your mid-game makes me hesitate to pick it up at all.

The total cost is 2100.

Assuming both builds start with;
Crystalline Flask + 4 Wards

That means that;
- I can ward almost continuesly (Sightstone 700g). Someone that took phil stone (700g) can't.
- My GP10 income lasts into and beyond 20 minutes with Kage's (700 + 765 = 1465). The moment you upgrade to Surelya, you lose that benefit. If you rush it, you won't gain back the ~300g investment on just the gp10, nor go beyond it.
- Let's assume we pick up boots of speed at the same time, so ignore that cost.
- I expand my mana throughout the game, which works great in synergy with Clarity, with Tear (700g).

Congratulations, you just upgraded your items to Shur. You now have a -10% CD, but no mana to spend it on. You have additional speed to push into enemy territory, but have no map control (no wards), so you effectively push yourself to death and you need mana more than hp, due to the fact that you can use your W at any given time to heal up yourself or your lane partner.

Shur is definitely a worthy pick, but I doubt it's the right choice to push it early. I guess it depends whether you play kill-lane or focus on CS, but not having wards or enough mana could be a real gamebreaker. Midgame, with all the teamfights, yes, it's a worthy investment. So picking up phil stone after Tear might be a good plan. That way you prepare it for when the teamfights actually start.

Edit: Let me just clarify that I'm picking up Tear primarily to experiment with the final version of muramana, since Nami supposedly is a more offensive support and I wanted to see how Q + autoattack harassment would work on her. I'm not conclusive on it yet, but has helped me in a few pinches against enemy carries. I'm also wondering if and how it affects W, since it should count as a single target spell. But you never know in these games

If the above is not true, chalice might be a better choice.

Hakari L

12-10-2012

Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver

Oyxl

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthywes5t24 View Post
Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver
Back Cleaver
Cleaving backs since 1859.

Pardessa

12-13-2012

I too am curious about this. I've been using the typical support build for Nami and it just doesn't seem to work as well as say on Lulu. I've been wanting to experiment a bit.

I'm also curious about runes for her. The champion spotlight mentioned attack damage marks. Is that really a good choice? Would that really help her early game poke THAT much?

I have a generic rune page for my supports that has Magic pen marks, mana regen per level seals, magic resist per level glyphs, and gp10 quints. But this doesn't seem to fit well with Nami either.

I would love to see more responses to this thread. I know Nami is pretty new so it seems everything is pretty experimental with her.

Qsario

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenphantom91 View Post
why in god's name would Nami be an ADC?
You might be surprised what a well-fed support can do with an ADC build. I actually got an ADC Janna really fed once due to a fellow support main who is very skilled (he locked them down with Leona & fed them to me). Not at all viable, but totally hilarious to see a fed support destroying people.

Ronyk

12-13-2012

Best ADC support would have to be Critcrank.