Warned for Unusual Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

12-09-2012

I would also like to point out to the OP that I almost never follow the META and I have been playing for a year and never found myself in the tribunal why? Because I ASK at champion select if I can do it. If my team says no I play conventional if they say yes I Jungle Soraka. It is all about communication. You show a clear negative attitude and this is a no no. Sum up the summoners code in one statement "Dont be a jerk"!

Rysan Marquise

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheAttorney View Post
Hi OP - Let me preface this that after reading your cases, I would not have punished. I won't say whether or not I would have pardoned or skipped it, because I don't know. But having read your posts, I will say this about unconventional builds (because, I like to do it sometimes too)

1) You need to let your team know beforehand that you're going to try out an unconventional build. If you don't say anything and then start building strange things people will think you're trolling. Because that's what trolls do. They don't mention what they're building, and then you find an Ashe with a Void Staff. You know. "So the arrow is OP lawlzies"

2) Something in game five caught my interest:

Varus [00:00:13] teemo is top
Varus [00:00:16] and going hybrid
Varus [00:00:21] which is slang for awful

This was said before you went with the MBR/Stinger build on Varus. I mean. If you're going to go for unconventional builds, should you really be knocking someone else's? It seems hypocritical at worse, or at the least a confusing message to the team when you follow it up with something strange.

3) When using an unusual champ as a support - gotta make sure it's okay with your lane partner or at least tell him. Remember he's in the lane with you as well. "Is it alright if I try something different for a support?" Some people might say no. Some people might say "sure! It's normal! lets try!" But at least then you won't have everyone blaming you under the sun.
Well, when I do an unusual support, I offer to support as that person in advance, and take it as tacit agreement that its alright if everyone picks everything but support. I have done quite well with them in the past, and even manage to win the greater part of games that don't have afkers with them.

With regards to the Teemo comment. That was an enemy Teemo, mentioned in teamchat. I mentioned this as encouragement to my team. You will notice that Top did quite well that game.

Anyway, this is getting away from my point. I was clearly reported and warned for unusual builds and doing poorly. That is the issue I have here.

SilentSymphony

Recruiter

12-09-2012

I really doubt it was because of your builds, Nothing seems too wrong about them to me, other than the tiamats, and i've done that many a time.

Rhab

Recruiter

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysan Marquise View Post
I thought this happened last time I was warned, and it has happened again. I am clearly getting warned for when I build unusual items and do poorly. I play a reasonable number of games, it is only reasonable I do poorly in many of them. The ones where I do poorly and have unusual builds in though - there I was 'clearly trolling'.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6024678/

I won't always say I was the most positive individual, but I am pretty sure I am well above average. These reports are all clearly for trying unusual builds in normal games. This shouldn't be acceptable.
I'm curious... is Game 1 before or after the pre-season patch?

Rysan Marquise

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhab View Post
I'm curious... is Game 1 before or after the pre-season patch?
I am not sure, but I believe this is from months ago.