Yenta, The Soul Chef

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Richek

12-08-2012

Trying my hand at this. So, I noticed that there are tons of “ugly” champs, but all of them are male. The Female champs have a sort of… pattern to them. Also, there are few that are tanks. With this in mind, I present to you Yenta, an older gal with an eldritch nightmare of a talent. I created her to fill a role of Tank/Support, but with more focus on the support owing to her history (see below). The end result is a tank that is equally at home being bottom lane support or even jungle. Further, she has a unique resource ability that adds a bit of skill and tactical awareness; though I am the first to admit that it may over complicate things, especially for her ult. Feedback and suggestions are appreciated!

Lore

For Yenta, the spice of life took a very literal meaning. The care of a household and its inhabitants is not typically a service thought highly of in Noxian society. While generally mistrusted as spies and assassins, these willing servants hold a special in society should they earn their master's trust. Yenta is one such individual, having served her master's family dutifully for many a generation. Her duties over her unnaturally long life have expanded from simple child care and education to overseeing all aspects of the day to day running of the household. Once her master discovered her penchant for cooking, she was charged with the preparation of all meals. Her otherworldly cooking became the talk of Noxian high society, with general and socialite alike enthralled by its impossible flavors. Those who had experienced it begged and demanded for Yenta to share how she was able to create such dishes. Though subservient in every other fashion, Yenta would never divulge her cooking secrets to a single soul, even on pain of her own death, a rule even her master agreed to respect. Until the Grand Executioner himself demanded their secrets, leaving Yenta no choice but to flee.

She found refuge at the Institute of War, serving again in the kitchens that supplied the ever hungry champions and summoners. The innate magic of the Institute seemed to further increase the flavor of Yenta's cooking, and many people grew suspicious of its origins. Yenta's food again gained the attention of those in power and her secrets were again demanded. After the inevitable refusal, summoners set up special wards in the kitchens to observe her techniques. What they saw horrified them. The very souls of live animals brought to butcher were being ripped from their bodies, their essence condensed into a fine powder, which she then used to flavor her dishes. Yenta was indeed cooking meals from fresh ingredients, but she used no spice save for what she extracted from her victims. When confronted, she explained she was born with this ability, having first discovered it when she extracted the soul of a childhood friend by accident. The event traumatized her, and she swore to never use her ability to harm others, and avoided service in the Noxian military by becoming a caretaker and cook.

The summoners of the institute saw potential in Yenta's abilities, as well as her cooking, on the Fields of Justice. They convinced her that as she could do no permanent harm to the other champions, her abilities were safe for use in League matches. She finally relented and allowed herself to use her powers to their full potential, though she cant help her motherly demeanor, even with opponents. She now serves as an underestimated champion, extracting new and powerful flavors from her foes.

Stats and Abilities

Base Stats:

Damage 54
Health 400
Mana 235
Move Speed 300
Armor 14.5
Spell Block 35
Health Regen 5.75
Mana Regen 5.45

Champion abilities:

Spice of Life (Passive) - Yenta extracts the essence of a creature or champion she has slain, condensing it into Soul Spice. These spices serve as a buff and empowers some of Yenta's abilities. Minions and jungle monsters provide bonus health and mana regeneration (stacking five times), while champions (including assists) provide Yenta with bonus AP and armor/MR bonuses (stacking three times). These spices can be consumed to empower some of Yenta's abilities, with minion spices being consumed first and champion spices second.

Mind Your Manners (Q)
- Yenta delivers a reprimanding strike dealing physical damage, reducing attack speed and silencing the opponent for a short time. If spice is available, Mind Your Manners deals additional magic damage and consumes one stack.

Out of the Frying Pan (W) - Yenta flings the contents of her frying pan, covering all opponents in a line with burning grease and dealing magic damage over time. If spice is available, Out of the Frying Pan deals additional magic damage and slows opponents, consuming one stack.

Flabber-ghasted (E) - Yenta tosses her soul spice into the air, allowing the energy of the extracted soul to disperse over a short period. Enemies traveling through this cloud of spice take magic damage per second and become stunned after three seconds. Allies traveling through the cloud receive an increase to movement speed and are healed if they remain in the cloud for a short period. Cannot be used without spice.

Soups On! - (Ult) (R)
Yenta pours all her soul spice into one amazing soup, dishing it up to nearby ally and foe alike. Allies within range receive healing and bonus AP/AD and enemies within range take additional damage from all attacks and are drawn towards Yenta. These effects (duration and intensity) are increased by the number of stacks of Soul Spice. All soul spice is consumed.

Quotes

On pick: (sinisterly) Time for dinner already?

Walking: Lets kick it up a notch

Walking: I heard you the first time, sonny

Taunt: I'll show you a real cooking mama

Taunt: (sinisterly) Dont worry, Yenta will fix

Joke: If you dont eat your meat, you cant have any pudding!

Joke: How can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat!

SO! Thats Yenta! Below is a concept a good friend of mine, OhSadface, made. Thoughts, suggestions and input are appreciated!

Attachment 571095

Pumpkin Raven

12-08-2012

Ok, first this is an amazing idea for a chef champion. I love that she's friendly and motherly but deadly. You need to buff her speed and base health and I think she could use some quotes or a judgement (which i'd be happy to hel you with!). All around though with a few tweaks here and there I think this could be a fun AP, Support champion, that I would buy at any price in the store. Pleez check out my Champ idea.http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2843908

Richek

12-08-2012

Quotes added!

OhSadface

12-08-2012

Showing my support. I really love this concept still she is unique and feels like they could do alot with her. Plus we need an old gal to show these whipper-snappers who's top of the food chain ;P

Richek

12-09-2012

Bump! Also, alt skin ideas are Lunch Lady Yenta and Hells Granny Yenta

Pumpkin Raven

12-09-2012

Yeah, Quotes!

ElectroGiraffe

12-09-2012

This is so cool! I would play the **** out of Yenta.

Richek

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Raven View Post
Ok, first this is an amazing idea for a chef champion. I love that she's friendly and motherly but deadly. You need to buff her speed and base health and I think she could use some quotes or a judgement (which i'd be happy to hel you with!). All around though with a few tweaks here and there I think this could be a fun AP, Support champion, that I would buy at any price in the store. Pleez check out my Champ idea.http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2843908
Thanks a ton! I thought the personality was something rather lacking in the current champions, and I feel her potential role of AP tank/support is sorta under represented right now. Alistair is all I can really think of, actually.

For her speed and base health, I actually intentionally nerfed those due to her passive. The increased health/mana regen would sorta unbalance her if she started in a higher base health, especially because creep kills are easy to pick up, even as a support. Speed might deserve a buff, but I wanted her to have a distinct disadvantage in that regard owing to her age as well as the fact that she has slowing abilities.

OhSadface

12-09-2012

Hey if we get some more support I will draw her alt skins

Richek

12-10-2012

bump