Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amarth

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eserine View Post
Indeed, it acts as a social commentary on holiday overconsumption while simultaneously showing off the comic pedigree of the developers.

Many popular animated series in America (and many other countries) have had episodes where one of the main character gains weight

Homer gains lots of weight in an episode of The Simpsons
Lois gains a lot of weight in an episode of Family Guy
Stan gains a lot of weight in an episode of American Dad
Jake and Finn both gain a lot of weight in an episode of Adventure Time
... and Futurama
... and Aqua Teen Hunger Force
... and Metalocalypse
... and Sealab 2021
... and Southpark
... and this list could go on for several threadpages...
... and live-action shows like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...
... and hundreds of webcomics...
... and comic games like Sushi Cat or Fat Princess...

In fact I am confused about the entire premise of your challenge to this idea. This is a very well-established character modification with an enormous degree of precedence.

Notably in several examples I've mentioned pole dancing is also used in episodes, but only in the context of classlessness, self-destructive moves towards oblivion, and loneliness edging toward total despair (unlike Riot's Kat stripper)- preferred by only the worst characters and inevitably leading to horrific consequences. (ATHF Alien abduction of Carl the slob- Metalocalypse, the awful bachelor party of the brother of Pickles- ASIF, antiheroes pretending to be handicapped and being doomed to continue life in Philidelphia, etc.). In the context of female empowerment I agree with some writers in this thread that poledancing can be a cute and fun personal practice, but if one studies the animation more closely put into the game it doesn't seem as though Katarina is having fun at all, she seems to be joylessly working, which more closely follows the concerns by players writing about lionizing the sexual exploitation of poor people...
Yup, trolling for certain. But thank you for proving my point in your over-the-topness about it all.

Is this really the rational that gets Riot going "wow... fat people in cartoons... better nerf irelia"? You can do better than this. (for the record, you can too Riot.)

GrumpyB3ar

12-09-2012

Every time I see this thread I get pissed off again.

Trynd The King

12-09-2012

Riot pay attention to us
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...877101&page=31

YuI Brenner

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Whoa whoa - relax champ. We're saying "santa-style lady" skins, not sexy skins.
Then what's the reasoning behind removing the sexiest part of nidalee's dance in the remake of her?

Ishaboo

12-09-2012

I bet the designers just felt a little too perverted when they made the animation in the first place.

GrumpyB3ar

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishaboo View Post
I bet the designers just felt a little too perverted when they made the animation in the first place.
Some of you guys need to learn what perverted means

Using a feather is sexy. Using the whole chicken is perverted.

I have yet to see any nipple torture skins come out so let's ixnay on the perverted, eh?

Ephringael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

You guys realize you are arguing with Morello.

Freaking MORELLO.

This guy NERFED DEATH.

Death!

In the words of Arkady Ourumov: "You can't win."

GrumpyB3ar

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephringael View Post
You guys realize you are arguing with Morello.

Freaking MORELLO.

This guy NERFED DEATH.

Death!

In the words of Arkady Ourumov: "You can't win."
I am a customer.

My voice should matter.

If not, there are plenty of other games I can spend my money on.

/thread

GrumpyB3ar

12-09-2012

I just realized this is up to 104 pages

Xaerie

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I need to be clear about something here: the reason we're removing it (and make no mistake, we are) is because there's a lot of places where we're happy to do that, as you guys have noticed, but this skin was not the right place for this sort of thing.

Nidalee has a spear, easily a pole. She's also generally closely related to "hot night elf chick" and has some innate *** appeal to her - pole dance is awesome here.

Katarina in Reindeer ears with a pole dance is just off. It's not about right and wrong, it's not about sensitivity, it's about "what makes sense with this content?"

If you want to think there's some PC police that guide our hand, I can't stop you, but do a quick search on our thoughts to the contrary of this (go look in the spider queen or Nami threads) you'll find that we normally go forward with it when we believe it's the right choice for the champ or skin. In this case, it's just not.

EDIT: Included more complete reasoning from later in the thread:

Let me slow down and give you a more nuanced explanation herd (I tend to get caught up in the rapid-fire of volume posts coming in and post too quickly to fully communicate the intended thought):

Seriously? You don't deserve the job you have.