Should we really be Perma-banning players like this?

No, players that overreact just need a time out. 8 34.78%
No, these players should't be banned at all 3 13.04%
Yes, OMG they hurt my feelings, Remove them from my noob life (LoL!) 0 0%
Yes, they deserve it. I don't care if they are good. They need to stop being "rude" 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

A serious review of bans

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster88 View Post
I actually took the time to read the post. While I, nor anyone else here, do not condone your troll behavior (and you don't seem to expect it), you are one of the few people who seem to understand the reasons you get banned. You seem logical, tactful, and levelheaded. You know that if you were on the outside looking in, you would also ban for your actions. That takes a great amount of humility rarely seen by the offenders here in the Tribunal forums. Again, your troll actions, while not always there, are a problem, but you do know their place and don't partake in them every game.

Riot has said that permabans are a bad solution to a worse problem. However, the fear of getting permabanned in itself can act as a deterrent against further toxic behavior; those who ignore the warning signs will lose their account, and with it, all the time and money spent into it. While I wish there was a better solution than permabans, I honestly don't see any other way to go. This is a problem Lyte has said they are trying to resolve.

Thank you. I did not think a single person would look at what I have written and see that I put myself down so that we may all resolve a problem.

I know what I do isn't really good and doesn't help anyone. And I know I need to be forced out of the game for a week or so to regain composure. That is my poor nature. But the nature of the players that refuse to actually learn how to play a game is what I have called into question.

I am happy that at least one person has seen the real point of this thread and didn't just berate me as I have been in the past for being a troll.

Hopefully this is a good sign that something that may become of this.

I know that I am trying to cut back on the negative attitude and the rude gestures at players, I hope that all trolls are. But there comes a point when everyone snaps. Hopefully we can remove this point, by removing people who think just because it is a normal match that it is OK to **** up and refuse to try and have a good time. I love matches where it goes back and forth. Win or Loose. It's how you play the game. Really just that easy. If you don't play right... I am sorry... but neither will I. And if that means I made you made enough to report me at then end. Then I won? GG noob. GG.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzra View Post
You are right I do not trust information Riot spews out because they never give facts to back it up. Same goes for you if you want to believe it then believe it does not change the fact that its what they said with no visible facts shown to back it up. You cannot compare WoW with LOL because there are teo different types off mmos. Yes they both require grouping to accomplish goals, but as I have played WoW never seen such a harsh community as LoL. There is just something about LoL that makes people rage. I believe it has to do with the skill of farming along with the snowballing effects of the game.

No one likes to listen to your team mate has been slain over and over in the first 15mins and see a 2-15 team score by 20 mins. If Riot actually cared about wanting more people they would do more actions helping the community instead of just spewing out more champions and trying to make more money. They do not care about the community and just want to make money hence the tribunal was put in place to save money for the company by auto banning without riot having to be involved.

Can I just say. I played WoW. When it started. Literally tried my hardest to get into beta on my little **** comp and missed it. The day it launched I was in that game.
That community was the same. The difference was that it was pay to play. This meant that people who played were at least moderately serious about playing. So when they started they made an effort to play the game correctly. In this game. People just play to play. They do not care about how the game is supposed to be played they are just looking to past the time. This is why I made this thread. I am a serious gamer with a bad attitude. And I would much rather play against a million of myselfs and put up with the bad attitude than play with a single "casual" gamer that refuses to learn a game properly.

Even my girlfriend, who never plays games, picked up this game and made an attempt to learn how to properly play. She called MIA. She did her best to stay under tower. When I see a player under their tower and still loosing the fight. I think of her. And I know, maybe they just aren't a good gamer yet, but at least they are trying to be serious.

Casual gamers can play tetris. This game is not for casual gamers. I Riot is trying to make this game for casual gamers then they should expect to see a casual community that doesn't better the game and just makes half ass movements and *****es about "OP Teemo".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockLobster88

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
Thank you. I did not think a single person would look at what I have written and see that I put myself down so that we may all resolve a problem.

I know what I do isn't really good and doesn't help anyone. And I know I need to be forced out of the game for a week or so to regain composure. That is my poor nature. But the nature of the players that refuse to actually learn how to play a game is what I have called into question.

I am happy that at least one person has seen the real point of this thread and didn't just berate me as I have been in the past for being a troll.

Hopefully this is a good sign that something that may become of this.

I know that I am trying to cut back on the negative attitude and the rude gestures at players, I hope that all trolls are. But there comes a point when everyone snaps. Hopefully we can remove this point, by removing people who think just because it is a normal match that it is OK to **** up and refuse to try and have a good time. I love matches where it goes back and forth. Win or Loose. It's how you play the game. Really just that easy. If you don't play right... I am sorry... but neither will I. And if that means I made you made enough to report me at then end. Then I won? GG noob. GG.
In regards to your previous post, I could be compared to your girlfriend. I am unskilled. I am not going to beat around the bush; I am just not good with anything but a few roles and champs. However, that's not to say I don't try my hardest and get serious, even in normal games. Just because the game is unfettered by a weighted Elo system, doesn't mean that you can slack off and not give a ****. Players like me are trying to get better at this game, and the only place we can is in normals. How can we get better when we have teams that just don't care because "it's normal"? This is the point I feel you're trying to get across.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster88 View Post
In regards to your previous post, I could be compared to your girlfriend. I am unskilled. I am not going to beat around the bush; I am just not good with anything but a few roles and champs. However, that's not to say I don't try my hardest and get serious, even in normal games. Just because the game is unfettered by a weighted Elo system, doesn't mean that you can slack off and not give a ****. Players like me are trying to get better at this game, and the only place we can is in normals. How can we get better when we have teams that just don't care because "it's normal"? This is the point I feel you're trying to get across.
I wish more players were like you. I will do my damndest to carry a player like you. I will give you all the advise you need and never harass you as long as you try.

Players that refuse to be good and try? ya those are the games I don't even care about.. .and If my trolling means we loose.. .then I consider that their fault. I know it is wrong. But o well... that's why I need to be banned from time to time.

PERMABANS!?!?! NO... if I ever get perma banned... holy cow I will post day in and day out until I get Lyte himself to actually argue with me. Even then.... I will probably still post... until my account is unpermabanned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
Players that refuse to be good and try? ya those are the games I don't even care about.. .and If my trolling means we loose.. .then I consider that their fault. I know it is wrong. But o well... that's why I need to be banned from time to time.

PERMABANS!?!?! NO... if I ever get perma banned... holy cow I will post day in and day out until I get Lyte himself to actually argue with me. Even then.... I will probably still post... until my account is unpermabanned.
Except it is still your fault for getting suspended and eventually permabanned. Just because the match doesn;t go as you want or teammates are worse than you want does not give you an excuse to troll around.

Adjust your behaviour before it is too late. Otherwise, that permaban will be entirely your own fault once it arrives.
Also, you aren't trolling. You're being a jerk to others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lCantGetNoSleep

Senior Member

12-09-2012

How has no one mentioned the fact that OP says he's not a troll but his name is BlazzedTroll.

Posting in troll thread!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StarlessEyes123

Junior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lCantGetNoSleep View Post
How has no one mentioned the fact that OP says he's not a troll but his name is BlazzedTroll.

Posting in troll thread!
Sorry, but he said he is a troll sometimes. vvv

Quote:
I am a troll... I do like to get under peoples skin. I do enjoy making people get angry.
I must point out though... I choose my prey. I choose them wisely.
Now, BlazzedTroll in a normal situation I'd think someone who rages and is rude should get banned, I haven't seen your case, but I read what you said and I see you have a good point.
From what I read I think I'd really enjoy playing with someone like you, I'm a noob and I love when people gives me advices to improve.
And I understand if you rage when someone refuses to communicate or get help, because you're here to have fun and enjoy the game not for dealing with that kind of people. But you should try to calm down if you don't wanna get a permaban, as you said actions speak louder than words but the tribunal only sees your words, and unfortunately all you can do when you rage is watch what you say and try to have fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lCantGetNoSleep View Post
How has no one mentioned the fact that OP says he's not a troll but his name is BlazzedTroll.

Posting in troll thread!

How did you miss the first sentence?
I said I like to troll.
I only troll people that are idiots though because it only really works on idiots.

When someone says I will be support and sits their auto attacking minions and stealing the kills in lane. I tell them, "Hey, don't take CS I am the carry. I need to get all the last hits and I will finish the kills. You should have GP5 masteries and GP5 items and aura items. That is your role" Then when that players says "**** you ****** I will play how I want. Don't tell me I can't have gold. You aren't the only one that wants kills here"

I troll the **** out of them. I want that person to have a bad day. I have trolled that person and made them go 2/10 by the end and still won the game with a K/D of 10/4. I like winning games when I am trolling.

I am not trying to loose. But I am going to make that idiot who refuses to communicate have a bad day. Because as much as I would like to say I just report them and move on. I know for a fact the tribunal is made up of anyone who hits 30. Not people who are seasoned veterans and know that if a support is stealing CS and autoattacking in lane it makes it difficult to carry and in a serious match (as all 30 matches should be) you will loose. When I am laning against someone who's support has like 15 cs. I immediately go all out on them because I know I have more power and I will win. It makes it so easy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlessEyes123 View Post
Sorry, but he said he is a troll sometimes. vvv



Now, BlazzedTroll in a normal situation I'd think someone who rages and is rude should get banned, I haven't seen your case, but I read what you said and I see you have a good point.
From what I read I think I'd really enjoy playing with someone like you, I'm a noob and I love when people gives me advices to improve.
And I understand if you rage when someone refuses to communicate or get help, because you're here to have fun and enjoy the game not for dealing with that kind of people. But you should try to calm down if you don't wanna get a permaban, as you said actions speak louder than words but the tribunal only sees your words, and unfortunately all you can do when you rage is watch what you say and try to have fun.
Yay, another person who gets the thread. GJ XD. I know. That is why I made this thread so that other people who are coming on here and raging about getting banned see. I know I got banned and as I said I would have chose to ban this player.

The only problem I have is Riot. Sweeping through with the ban hammer acting like they know all. When they don't. Quite honestly... most of Riot staff has accounts under 1500 Elo and it's probably because they like to play AP soraka support and steal all the CS by spamming her Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
Also, you aren't trolling. You're being a jerk to others.
Maybe you just don't understand. I am not being a jerk to "others". I am being a jerk to people who are being a jerk to me. And I am not really being a "jerk" more of a jerkoff... I am berating them for behavior they can control. Not behavior they are working on.
I only troll those who are trolling this game. Refusing to play META, and communicate is the largest offense against this game. You can say whatever you want. But no one ever lost a game because someone told another player they are a "****ing noob and need to uninstall"... they lost because some kid was a noob... and needed to uninstall. Riots stats are what people in the statistics world call hidden variable statistics.
Like did you know that when Ice Cream sales go up in Florida, more people die to shark attacks?
True statistic...but it isn't because people are buying ice cream... that is preposterous.. it's because it got hot out and people wanted ice cream... and more people are going swimming and therefore more people get attacked.
You loose 18% more games where people are abusing other players.... because people abuse other players that can't play the game right.


123