How do you Jungle Skarner in S3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Innersist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I just don't get it, Skarner was amazing before but now I can hardly clear the jungle without dieing. In S2 I was able to go Blue, wolves, wraiths, red, golems, wraiths then back for a philo stone with a 0/21/9 mastery set up and full armor reds and yellows, MR per level blues, move speed Quints.

With this same setup in S3 I can only just barely clear red then I have to back and his jungle doesn't get easy until around lv 6.

I am just wondering what everyone thinks of jungle Skarner now and if you have found a way to do it that is more effective than machete and 5 pots.

Thank you.

Innersist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

bump

Felaedor

12-08-2012

Full clears like that are horrible.

Don't do golems on Skarner unless you absolutely have to, especially before at least level 4 or so.

Silva Neilo

12-08-2012

You have to run AT SPD in your runes, Movequints, ATSPD Marks, Armour yellow, mr blue

Innersist

12-08-2012

I mean, I have an easier time jungling Evelyn if that says anything lol

The SHP

12-08-2012

i didn't have much of any problem when i tried.

A) what are you starting with? 2 Rejuv's 3 pots works for skarner (works for a lot of champs, even AD ones). Turn one rejuv into phil stone, the other into emblem (for aegis) or locket (viable on any tanky jungler, pretty much... AD junglers turn em into Tiamat)

B) if you can't do red pre-3, do wolves>blue>wraiths>wolves. It'll get you to level 3 (this helps a bunch for most any champ, if they normally cut it close going straight to red, it's just a minor speed cut). That'll make Red easier

C) Do you take his E? People call Skarner's E worthless, but it's really not half bad for one point in the early jungle. It's generally 50ish hp per use. 1/3 of a health pot every few seconds isn't bad

Also, screw armor reds. Go with AD or something. It'll boost your Q damage and AA damage. Armor reds are less efficient and frankly unnecessary for just about any jungler.

*edit* people are saying AS red runes as well, those would be fine too. But they aren't necessary, I've done it just fine with AD.

Krelraz

12-08-2012

I take 4% CDR in offense and the rest is defensive tree. My blues and quints are CDR. this get you started with almost 15% and it is his best stat. Machete and 5 pots still. Then one of the spirit stone things. Anything but the spell vamp one (yes I do know it works well with is Q)

Innersist

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva Neilo View Post
You have to run AT SPD in your runes, Movequints, ATSPD Marks, Armour yellow, mr blue

Really sucks if attack speed runes are now MANDATORY for him to jungle. Makes me sad

PPPPPPPPPPPP270

12-08-2012

Depends on your leash.
I clear the jungle with 40% HP and I did golums.
Edit: Use attack speed marks. Skarner scales better with attack speed than most junglers do since he gets CDR out of it.

Montresaurus

12-08-2012

Running MS quints, and AS reds, I have no problems level 1 clearing the jungle with no help whatsoever.