Crucius, the Scion of Madness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

siiphon

12-07-2012

far too powerful

Jakobinator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Counter to "Major Flaw 1" - Cho'Gath, Mundo, Gangplank, Nasus, Nunu, Olaf, Rumble, Singed, Sion, Skarner, Taric, Trundle, Udyr, and Yorick ALL LACK GAP CLOSERS. In addition, as a MAGE, most of Crucius's damage is likely to be from his skills.
I just wanted to correct that these champs do have gap closers/slows/anything to close distance between a target

Cho Gath: Knock up
Mundo: Slowing Ceaver
Nasus: Massive aging Slow
Nunu: Slowing Iceball
Olaf: Slowing Axe
Rumble: Movement Increase shield and slowing tasers
Singed: Extra Speed
Sion: Stun and Ult Speed
Skarner: Movement speed increase state
Taric: Stun
Trundle: Contagion area gived him movement speed
Udyr: Massive speed boost
Yorik:Slowing wraith

The5lacker

12-08-2012

Bumpin'

The5lacker

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobinator View Post
I just wanted to correct that these champs do have gap closers/slows/anything to close distance between a target

Cho Gath: Knock up
Mundo: Slowing Ceaver
Nasus: Massive aging Slow
Nunu: Slowing Iceball
Olaf: Slowing Axe
Rumble: Movement Increase shield and slowing tasers
Singed: Extra Speed
Sion: Stun and Ult Speed
Skarner: Movement speed increase state
Taric: Stun
Trundle: Contagion area gived him movement speed
Udyr: Massive speed boost
Yorik:Slowing wraith
And Crucius has a slow and a snare, in addition to a massive speed boost.

The5lacker

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by siiphon View Post
far too powerful
Any particular thing that's too powerful?

ZanzabarTheEagle

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Counter to "Major Flaw 1" - Cho'Gath, Mundo, Gangplank, Nasus, Nunu, Olaf, Rumble, Singed, Sion, Skarner, Taric, Trundle, Udyr, and Yorick ALL LACK GAP CLOSERS. In addition, as a MAGE, most of Crucius's damage is likely to be from his skills.

Counter to "Major Flaw 2" Given his Ult is the only thing that costs health, and give him CRAZY good sustain, AND that his E gives him sustain, I'd say your point is pretty invalid. In addition, you could just, I don't know, build him somewhat tanky. Slap a Warmogs on him. Or a Frozen Mallet. No one is tanky enough as a default to use something like his Ult for prolonged periods of time anyways, and given his nature as a close quarters mage, NOT building him tanky is just stupid.

Counter to "Major Flaw 3" Ult is designed to be a high risk, high reward ability that allows him to engage at melee range and cause major damage, while granting him the ability to sustain. Yes, it does quite a bit. It also costs quite a bit and takes skill to maintain max use, I.E. getting within range to hit with his Q and keep as many people locked onto his E as possible to keep up the sustain. Really, it does about as much as Singed's Insanity Potion.

In regards to your other comments, Alistar has a 1 second knockup followed by a .5 second stun. That's functionally a 1.5 second stun that can't really be reduced by CC Reduction, AND deals a fairly decent chunk of damage. And in regards to your Sion comparison, again, Sion's Ult not only doesn't cost Health, but lasts for 20 seconds and heals nearby allies. 20 seconds of insane sustain and healing. Crucius's Ult is basically a combination of Sion's and Singed's, only he loses the AP, Armor and MR, Regen, and CC reduction of Singed's, and the team healing of Sion's. What he gets, however, is something more akin to Swain's Ult, wherein he triggers it when necessary, but has to watch it closely.
yorick has 2 gap closers. his slow and his movement speed buff. mundo has gap closers his ult and his cleaver again a slow and a speed steriod, singed has a gap closer the mega adhesive and his ult, basically all of the champs you listed have a gap closer (a slow or movement speed steriod or a stun i mean thats what a gap closer is right something that makes you get closer to the fleeing enemy champion) other than that i agree with you on your counters.

The5lacker

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanzabarTheEagle View Post
yorick has 2 gap closers. his slow and his movement speed buff. mundo has gap closers his ult and his cleaver again a slow and a speed steriod, singed has a gap closer the mega adhesive and his ult, basically all of the champs you listed have a gap closer (a slow or movement speed steriod or a stun i mean thats what a gap closer is right something that makes you get closer to the fleeing enemy champion) other than that i agree with you on your counters.
Again, by that logic, MY champ has gap closers in the form of a snare, speed boost, and a short ranged slow.

Void22

12-09-2012

First of all I think its great that you champion is based on madness. We really don't have any of those guys in the league and we need them. Big time. Secondly, I dislike a fury based mage, you might want to change that.

Q:A solid CC but you should probably have the silence duration increased to 1.5.
W:This gives him good harass and some farm capabilities; no complaints there.
E:The ability itself is fine. However, I am a little concerned that with his ult up the heal will be too much. Especially if you add spell vamp.
R: An interesting ability. If you want to keep it that powerful you need to increase the cumulative health cost.
All in all a good champ, just needs a few modifications. I would also appreciate if you could review my champion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=cambio

The5lacker

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void22 View Post
First of all I think its great that you champion is based on madness. We really don't have any of those guys in the league and we need them. Big time. Secondly, I dislike a fury based mage, you might want to change that.

Q:A solid CC but you should probably have the silence duration increased to 1.5.
W:This gives him good harass and some farm capabilities; no complaints there.
E:The ability itself is fine. However, I am a little concerned that with his ult up the heal will be too much. Especially if you add spell vamp.
R: An interesting ability. If you want to keep it that powerful you need to increase the cumulative health cost.
All in all a good champ, just needs a few modifications. I would also appreciate if you could review my champion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=cambio
His whole concept is that he's a fury based mage. I wanted to play with that idea, and modifying the fairly loose fury system to accommodate a spellcaster was an interesting thought exercise.

I don't want to up the cumulative health cost of his Ult too much, especially considering how high it could get. Need to do a bit of math in a bit to figure out how much health it'd take to maintain it for various amounts of time.

The5lacker

12-10-2012

Bumpin'