Nautilus, the fragile one

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NepotisM

12-08-2012

So, my favorite champion this season is probably going to be nautilus, i really liked him season2, and so far this season, im attempting to make him viable as a toplaner.
I am having pretty good success with him so far in jungle, 17-15 in season2, 6-1 in s3.

Im having a feeling with current itemization, he may be viable as a top laner.
Let me show you a couple of items that really fit great our fragile one.

Wits end
: Well known user of the wits, he shines really good when coupled with atk speed, he is the hit and run expert, the rune furor coupled with this makes him a force to reckon.

Liandrys torment: provides with wonderful stats, ap hp magic pen and 5% current health dot, 10% if impaired...now this is clearly a must for him.

Lizard: gives a much needed 50 atk dmg and regen, this is idealy for junglers as you dont really need it in lane, early, which would excuse the purchase of machete.

randuin, although hog was nice the 500 hp on randuin is extremely good and gold efficient. the abilies of it are clearly in favor of an agressive nautilus hit and run.

but of course this is all theory, i have only 5 nautilus top games, im only starting to discover whos a counter and who i can trash on hard.
i can see myself using these items as a jungler.
the build, for gold efficiency, depending if there is magic, or ad champs,
8800 with wits end/merc boots no randuin
9300 with randuin/zerk boots no wits

There are many other items worth checking up, iceborn gauntlet offers really good stats, aoe sheen dmg with slow, replaces randuins, but this opens up other items with hp on them.
black cleaver is a very good choice, despite the fact its getting nerfed, you still have a good 2 week of abuse incoming.
frozen mallet is a good choice also, coupled liandry, u cant miss the doubled dmg if ur passive alrdy proced on them.

Cat Job

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

He has like, one of the crappiest attack animations why would you get wit's end for him? Not to mention his base aspd is like... 0.6 or something?

NepotisM

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slendybendy View Post
He has like, one of the crappiest attack animations why would you get wit's end for him? Not to mention his base aspd is like... 0.6 or something?
this is exactly why u get wits end on him, because it makes his auto atk devastating, with only 150 ad, it makes ur first auto deal over 250 dmg, if you have liandrys 10% current hp dot over 3 sec, lizard item, o hell with lizard buff, you deal insane dmg

despite a sluggish animation with low atk speed, his auto atks are amazingly devastating with atk speed, it responds as well as anyother hero with high a.s

o yea..and wits end'S magic resist is incredible.
to win and own as nautilus, you have to disable their team, you have the most cc of all champions, what i do in team fights, i auto wcancel auto, switch target to stun them all 1 times.

i can have 5auto atk stun in less than 5 sec, with 5 knock ups, 5 slowed, they are all cced, you need high atk speed to auto them all easy, with rune furor and wits, theres no escaping nautilus.

Glumduk

12-08-2012

He did alright as a midlane pre-GD whining nerfs. You should try it - season's still fresh, so now is the time to try things.

aahdin

12-08-2012

Let's take an incredibly immobile champ that requires being in the middle of the enemy team and load him up with random damage items without many defensive stats.

What could go wrong?

NepotisM

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahdin View Post
Let's take an incredibly immobile champ that requires being in the middle of the enemy team and load him up with random damage items without many defensive stats.

What could go wrong?
i destroy champions with extreme ease. i can dish out more dmg than most champion in the first 3-4 seconds of a fight than others and i have great means to escape, and repeat this behavior multiple times. hook is the best ability to escape top, 50% reduced cd on terrain is op

NepotisM

12-08-2012

the list of items i put isnt the best build, its just items i put together that could realize the most dmg to single targets with only 1 or 2 hit at most and switching to other target and deal as much dmg with only 1-2, and putting them way low and unable to move all the while.

this works very well in a solo situation.

but if you prefer tanky, merc liandry wits randuin/black cleaver

Henry Plainview

12-08-2012

Wit's End on Nautilus? uhhhhh....

Naezma

12-08-2012

Build him with utility and tank...
AP Naut isn't very good, since his kit supports basic attacks and disables. The ratios aren't great either.

Rylai's + Frozen Mallet + Warmog's + Sunfire Cape / Randuin's + Malady / Atma's Impaler / Black Cleaver + Swiftness Boots.

Now your W deals tons of damage, you can hardly die because Madred's was removed, and only Fizz, Varus, and Mundo are your enemies.
Enjoy.

NepotisM

12-08-2012

im not building him ap, but the 10% current hp dmg from liandry, you just cant miss that, as the best hit and run champ in the game, where you have to hit once all their champs to be truly effective, most of the time when they are probably full hp, well this is where you shine, you auto them and deal tons of dmg and activate liandry with randuin or ur E or iceborn gaunts