Why do people claim ELO Hell doesn't exsist?

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balls on Point

12-08-2012

I've played about 20 games or so this season. I've dodged about 60 games. Soon as character select screen pops up, I look up every person on my team and their stats, rating, and their last 10 matches. Obviously you can't judge someone by just a pure loss. but if I see their last 6 games they were 2-13-4 then I'm gonna dodge the que.

Oh but that means I get to sit there for 30 minutes before I get to play again!!! So what?? You'd rather play 30 minutes and lose?

I'm not saying Beef All The Way is wrong. I get those kinds of games too. We had a game were 2 people were dc'd the first 30 minutes. We were beating them in kills 18-9 but naturally the game is about killing the nexus, and they just back doored us until they won.

It happens, but improving yourself may just give you that little bump when it matters most in a game and turn the tides for your team.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycearoni View Post
players who are prone to getting carried, have equal chance of obtaining the same ELO of those who carry.
No, not really.

Players who are prone to getting carried have a player that needs to be carried on their team 100% of the time. They do not have a player capable of carrying on their team 100% of the time.

Players who are capable of carrying have a player capable of carrying on their team 100% of the time. They do not have a player who requires carrying on their team 100% of the time.

By this simple math alone, they do not have equal chance of obtaining the same Elo.

Balls on Point

12-08-2012

Also, Brycearoni, I did happen to look at your stats.

I saw you had a Lee Sin game that was 41 minutes and you went 6-21-20.

21 deaths in 41 minutes? Isn't that an average of about 1.30 minutes per life? (roughly accounted for rezz time and run back time).

If you watch some of these tournament games, a lot of them go 10 minutes before getting a first blood. It's the reason the crowd goes crazy when it happens.

HoWallaWoH

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycearoni View Post
I almost believed you for a moment.
You can always improve on anything in life, it doesn't mean it's possible to win, I'm not the best, but I play sufficiently to win -- that is, if my teammates played as sufficiently as well.

I believe you hit the nail on the head there sir. It is a TEAM game. Your goal should be to play the positions where you can carry a team. You cannot support stupid, and cannot gank those who are unable to make anything of your obvious assistance. We've all seen teams that crumble due to this, and unfortunately there is no simple solution I have found. BUT, communication, setting up proper ganks, warding and overall guidance of your team is essential if you are the best on your team. GL and HF !!!!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-08-2012

If you're not good enough to carry the game by yourself, you're not that much better (if better at all) then the enemy team. And if you're not better than the enemy team, you're at the Elo you belong.

LogicalTautology

12-08-2012

Here is the thing that you (and anyone else claiming to be in Elo Hell) is missing. Over a sufficient sample of games, your teammates will always been no more or less skilled than your opponents. The only constant in your games is that your team will always have someone who is playing in a lower bracket than they belong and the opposing team rarely will. Thus, you should be crushing games single-handedly.
Are you up 4-0 in Top while your botlane is feeding like crazy? Next time they get double-killed, recall to base and tell them you will 1v2 bot and then can 2v1 top. You'll probably win the 1v2 matchup bot and they will crush 2v1 top.
Are you a 5-0 Karthus whose Jungler refuses to give you Blue? Buy 2 Pink wards and just take the opposing Blue after you kill their mid.

Balls on Point

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Here is the thing that you (and anyone else claiming to be in Elo Hell) is missing. Over a sufficient sample of games, your teammates will always been no more or less skilled than your opponents. The only constant in your games is that your team will always have someone who is playing in a lower bracket than they belong and the opposing team rarely will. Thus, you should be crushing games single-handedly.
Are you up 4-0 in Top while your botlane is feeding like crazy? Next time they get double-killed, recall to base and tell them you will 1v2 bot and then can 2v1 top. You'll probably win the 1v2 matchup bot and they will crush 2v1 top.
Are you a 5-0 Karthus whose Jungler refuses to give you Blue? Buy 2 Pink wards and just take the opposing Blue after you kill their mid.
Awesome examples. Thinking outside the box instead of yelling at your team. Not only does your jungle have blue, but you have it and the enemy team doesn't. Or you could do it vice versa and take your blue, but help your jungler get the enemies.

Jesusz0r

12-08-2012

It does exist, you can't carry a game if your team feed bot, top and jungle, trust me it happened to me a lot of times, this is not a single player game, it's a team game, if your team dosnt do well, you can't win at least the other team do worst.

And by the way i've won a lot of games because i carried my team, even tho, i've lost many games because i went support and couldn't carry or because my team fed other lanes and couldn't help them because the opposite team is extremly fed. (I have lost games with 10+ kills)

Man

12-08-2012

Well I looked at your recent statistics and saw an average of 3 kills and 12 deaths as lee sin. How exactly is that carrying

jKon16

12-08-2012

Okay so just some perspective, I am new to league. Just playing a few months and rushed to get to lvl 30 just so I could play ranked. I am good at limited roles w/ limited champs but usually hold my own. I am still learning and sometimes i'll get put in a role or champion i havent quited figured out completely. After about 20 ranked games 8ish wins my elo is like 1200. I have a lot to learn and do so every game. So from my point of view if you have been playing awhile and are under 1000 elo just delete your account bro.

123456 ... 10