Normally I accept that some rude people get through tribunal, but come on!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erotic Mango

Neo Cyrus

12-08-2012

I think they pardoned him because he said his FPS is 21 (something wrong with his computer?) when it's normally 60 so he can't play properly no matter how hard he tries.

Zezune

12-08-2012

"****ers" is not offensive or racist when black people use it. How do you know he is not black?

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Cyrus7 View Post
I think they pardoned him because he said his FPS is 21 (something wrong with his computer?) when it's normally 60 so he can't play properly no matter how hard he tries.
My fps is 30, always. My fps drops to 15-20 in teamfights. I win more often than I lose.

His excuse has no merit, and it in no way changes his language. There is no logic that makes "I'm lagging, so I'm going to be racist" okay.

Quote:
****ers" is not offensive or racist when black people use it. How do you know he is not black?
Tell you what, i'll buy the "Black people can use racial slurs on the internet" argument, when black people on the internet agree to having specific decals on all their characters, identifying them as black in real life. I'm thinking yellow stars, perhaps?

ClearSkyss

12-08-2012

OFFENSIVE AS **** TRIBUNAL IS ****ING RETARDED. but i don't want you kids to find my comment offensive

Zezune

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
My fps is 30, always. My fps drops to 15-20 in teamfights. I win more often than I lose.

His excuse has no merit, and it in no way changes his language. There is no logic that makes "I'm lagging, so I'm going to be racist" okay.

Tell you what, i'll buy the "Black people can use racial slurs on the internet" argument, when black people on the internet agree to having specific decals on all their characters, identifying them as black in real life. I'm thinking yellow stars, perhaps?
Innocent until proven guilty.

You are punishing someone for a cultural thing, thats as ****ed up as calling people ****ers in the first place. You'd be punished right along with him for being intolerant.

The guy clearly acknowledged he had issues and let his team know. Grow up you hypocrite.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezune View Post
Innocent until proven guilty.

You are punishing someone for a cultural thing, thats as ****ed up as calling people ****ers in the first place. You'd be punished right along with him for being intolerant.

The guy clearly acknowledged he had issues and let his team know. Grow up you hypocrite.
Racial slurs clearly fall under "offensive language" If my parents never taught me it isn't okay to curse in public, that doesn't make it okay for me to curse in public, it makes me ignorant. As for "innocent until proven guilty" you can see right in the screenshot, he used a racial slur, thus he is guilty of using a racial slur, thus he is guilty of offensive language.

As a group, you need to set clear "These things are wrong, these things are okay" you can't say "If you are (or in this case simply claim to be) *this* skin tone, you can do these things, but *those* skin tones can only do *those* things". That is basically legislating racism at that point. The only system you can reasonable enforce, is to set up a defined group of actions that are bad, and then hold people accountable for them. Personally, I see no reason that racial slurs should be on the list of things we pardon, so given that this person is clearly using foul language, and was reported by his team for doing so, I'd have easily punished them, if I'd had the case.

Quote:
Grow up you hypocrite.
Really? Sorry I don't buy that you're allowed to subject others to things they reasonably find offensive, because your subset doesn't find them offensive. You need to go by the general consensus on civility for these things. After all, if i pulled up a bunch of people from the old folks home, they would likely tell me I can call all black people "boy". But that doesn't make it anywhere near acceptable.

Aametherar

12-08-2012

100% punish in my book regardless of who is saying it it's offensive IMO.

Vrykonik

12-08-2012

Everyone should relax on the people getting pardoned on occasions when they do offensive things. The system obviously does not have a 100% accuracy rating far as catching offensive behaviors. That said, people who end up in tribunal and get away with it will simply be back to be judged in a week or two. At which time they will probably not be so lucky. Why get mad just because he slipped through the cracks once? Repeat offenders will get their due, some just take longer than others. It isn't like justice rating is giving us something for having super high accuracy or something. Vote the way you feel about a case and have faith that those who deserve punishment will get it eventually. Even if it is not that specific case.