A Yordle with a Swordle!

12345612 ... 42
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rompin

12-08-2012

I thought Riven was the 1-2-3 combo champ of doom?

ShadowOfNothing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Somehow i was thinking a yordle who fought with another yourdle pretending the other yordle was a sword. I think that would be way more awesome then a real sword!

MugenNightmare

12-08-2012

He reminds me of Ratchet's mentor from Ratchet and Clank: Alistar

I like this idea too!

Mister Sheen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

THIS IS JUST PANTHERLILY FROM FAIRY TALE

SEE http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Pantherlily

AND BECAUSE OF THAT I APPROVE! UPVOTED

The Soraka

12-08-2012

So it's a Swordle?

Yordle Swordler

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOfNothing View Post
Somehow i was thinking a yordle who fought with another yourdle pretending the other yordle was a sword. I think that would be way more awesome then a real sword!
Omg and what about the Yorldes rights? Well actually humans rights say its not good to throw dwarfs it does not say anything about using a yordle as a weapon so why not XD

Gamerdragon

12-08-2012

Mmmf...

Well, as far as 'fury' casters go: Rumble already fills that spot nicely. His heat even has that whole stay within a certain part of the bar feel. That said, I really like this design, and I would really love to see a melee yordle without a giant mech of doom. The lores okay. The kit however....

The kit seems a bit overloaded utility wise. Especially if the 'magic shield' functions more like Black Shield's then Hexdrinker's like your implying.

AoE Root also seems a bit much, but I do like the basic idea of shifting what his E does depending on cast.

The passive is a bit awkward since it can only occur during his ult. Why not have it something that he can benefit from at any time?

As for the ult, having to precisely time casts like your suggesting doesn't actually feel like an arcade combo system to me. Most combo system are about how fast you can get the proper imputs in. Putting the right imput in at the right time is more like a Quick Time Event or a Rhythm game. Which works when its the only thing you need to worry about, but when you need to control a character on top of that? I think it might be a bit too distracting.

Chubasco

12-08-2012

i love this idea !!

DickJohnson

12-08-2012

this idea is sweet like a stealth teemo with sword anti tank would be awesome.
like dmg against HIGH MR and Armour, but not to LOW armour & MR

Yordle Swordler

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerdragon View Post
Mmmf...

Well, as far as 'fury' casters go: Rumble already fills that spot nicely. His heat even has that whole stay within a certain part of the bar feel. That said, I really like this design, and I would really love to see a melee yordle without a giant mech of doom. The lores okay. The kit however....

The kit seems a bit overloaded utility wise. Especially if the 'magic shield' functions more like Black Shield's then Hexdrinker's like your implying.

AoE Root also seems a bit much, but I do like the basic idea of shifting what his E does depending on cast.

The passive is a bit awkward since it can only occur during his ult. Why not have it something that he can benefit from at any time?

As for the ult, having to precisely time casts like your suggesting doesn't actually feel like an arcade combo system to me. Most combo system are about how fast you can get the proper imputs in. Putting the right imput in at the right time is more like a Quick Time Event or a Rhythm game. Which works when its the only thing you need to worry about, but when you need to control a character on top of that? I think it might be a bit too distracting.
-Yeah, I know that might seem weird and distracting but I used to play a free to play mmo game called Cabal, it had a system of combo of this nature and in fact that was not disturbing but so freaking fun to try reach a hudge score. Same for the hit of Rumble when I first started playing rumble I was looking the bar all the time and now I m used to it.

-For the passive there is 2 versions of it one if you have the ulti as an utility ultimate like for karma and jayce lvl 1 require as you said to use your combos, but the other is more soft it would work even without combos maybe that one should be prefered you must be right.

-well rumble has a good ressource system it's one of my favourite champion, still he gains his hit with his abilities not his damages and its up to a cap but still the mechanic is here so let's say it's like a renekton to a tryndamere.

-About the root it's all about balancing the thing the root can last 0.1 second the damages can be lowered, we have see champions with more CC than that, and if its not enough Riot may get rid of it after all it is just a suggestion

-the main weakness of this kind of champion are disables he needs to get close to the enemies to deal damages that's why he has a gap closer and that shield is also a way to prevent much cc, but if you use the shield everytime you will not deal as much damages as you could using different spells so there is a choice to be made. Still I am not a proffessionnal designer yet so maybe it will be removed as well for something better.

Anyway thank you for the advices I will better outline the alternative passive

12345612 ... 42