Lux just a bit too stronge?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoneSentry

12-07-2012

Lux is one of the more annoying champs because she can effectively stun you for a good amount of time, nuke you, and then ult you. If she is built in a certain way she can become a real powerful glasscannon that can seriously hurt you or stun you. That's kind of where her benefits end, she has her kit like others.

Just like i said, she's KIND OF a glasscannon if built pure AP, which makes her pretty vulnerable to counterattacks. If you notice she's being built as such, tell your AD carry to focus her down, and she will drop like a sack or potatoes most of the time. Since when she's built as a AP, she is usually a 1 person nuker and cant focus down more than 1 person, so try to pick her off and lure her into attacking the tank.

If she's built more support, then she won't be as much of a threat rather more of a nuisance, since she won't be eating your health as much. In this case you won't focus her before other champs, and building mr will probably be enough to counter her damage. CC and silence on your team will probably shut her down, so keep that in mind.

Other variations of her build have their counters, just think a bit.

In either case, Lux's offensive capabilities are pretty AP orientated, so building magic resist will greatly help you trade with her better and survive her attacks. Also, consider building some anti-cc like Banshee's Veil or Quicksilver Sash to slip by her stuns ( what a coincidence, BV covers both ). Other than that, play smart really, and avoid her laser .

Mradr

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneSentry View Post
Lux is one of the more annoying champs because she can effectively stun you for a good amount of time, nuke you, and then ult you. If she is built in a certain way she can become a real powerful glasscannon that can seriously hurt you or stun you. That's kind of where her benefits end, she has her kit like others.

Just like i said, she's KIND OF a glasscannon if built pure AP, which makes her pretty vulnerable to counterattacks. If you notice she's being built as such, tell your AD carry to focus her down, and she will drop like a sack or potatoes most of the time. Since when she's built as a AP, she is usually a 1 person nuker and cant focus down more than 1 person, so try to pick her off and lure her into attacking the tank.

If she's built more support, then she won't be as much of a threat rather more of a nuisance, since she won't be eating your health as much. In this case you won't focus her before other champs, and building mr will probably be enough to counter her damage. CC and silence on your team will probably shut her down, so keep that in mind.

In either case, Lux's offensive capabilities are pretty AP orientated, so building magic resist will greatly help you trade with her better and survive her attacks. Also, consider building some anti-cc like Banshee's Veil or Quicksilver Sash to slip by her stuns ( what a coincidence, BV covers both ). Other than that, play smart really, and avoid her laser .
Yes.. .for laning it's fine. I am not saying her laning it bad.. that's why I say she's not over power, but that ult is nuts. It's not a skill shot by any means for the damage... but I also don't feel like it relaly that big of a nerf to dis the dmg it self.. It's the group phase that worrys me about her ult. That's why I think increasing the ulti it self for group phase would would fix it her.

yobhguod

12-07-2012

Lux is squishy, end of story.

Mradr

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobhguod View Post
Lux is squishy, end of story.
But she's not...

VitaminBeer

12-07-2012

imho she is just where she needs to be. If you nerf her she would be useless. People need to fear the ult or they will just walk all over her.

Mradr

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminBeer View Post
imho she is just where she needs to be. If you nerf her she would be useless. People need to fear the ult or they will just walk all over her.
Except..... we're not nerfing her... or at least that bad... 10-20sec nerf on her ult isn't going to killer her nor will it effect her dmg ... all it'll do is allow the other players to get out in time making her ult a real skill shot at the end of a group fight.

Laissez Faire

12-07-2012

I'd definitely call Lux a glass cannon. Standard itemization involves Sorc Shoes, Athene's, Deathcap and Void Staff, with maybe a Doran's Ring or two thrown in. The tankiest item you might see on Lux is a Rod of Ages. Lux's skills don't make good use of Rylai's slow, most of her damage happens outside the range of Abyssal Scepter, and Zhonya's is not a good fit because being frozen in place doesn't do anything good for her. According to the wiki, she has the 3rd lowest starting health in the game. Lux's defense is positioning and controlling space with her long ranged abilities, if that fails she dies quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneSentry View Post

Lux does not have a stun, she has a root. This distinction might sound pedantic at first, but is a very important in some match-ups. For example, if Katarina blinks and ults on top of you, Lux's Q will not interrupt the ult. People who are rooted with Q can still do damage to Lux, provided they are in range.

AD carries are not good at fighting Lux, if she is being auto attacked by one at the start of a team fight then one of the two is grossly out of position and will be dead in a moment.

Fargo1979

12-07-2012

this is the 1st i have ever heard of people crying that Lux is OP and needs a nerf..lol.. like come on... can she be bursty yes,... but like someone already said.. she is all skill shot based... she has nice poke in laning phase.. but if u are dumb enough to stay in lane when at 300 hp and she is lvl 6+ then u deserve to get killed... but by no means is she OP and need a nerf... nerf back someone like Darius who has an undodgeable ulti that hits with true damage.... like come on.. Lux OP lol wow...

Technician Tim

12-07-2012

strong**

RadiantPyrophore

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADeadManatee View Post
Now, ignoring OP's point entirely, I have to ask.
Did you even read this post?

Lux's ultimate barely qualifies as a skillshot in the context you're referring to.
Its width covers almost half of a lane and it can easily hit multiple champions from a safe distance while on a very short cooldown.
There is little skill required to make it worth the cost.
I'm not entirely certain whether it should be nerfed or not, but it is undeniably strong, especially considering that no Lux player will actually have a 40 second cooldown.
It's usually 25-30 with some decent CDR.

Its damage potential is quite high for an ability you can cast so frequently.

My point is that your comment seems almost entirely irrelevant, and I question why you even wrote it.
It can also hit someone dead-on and "miss". I hate glitches.

That being said... you aren't colorblind are you? If you have any type of speed boost or mobility move, you can probably dodge her ult easily if you can see the red laser pointer of death that she broadcasts the ult with. I have, however, run into colorblind people that didn't even realize she HAD a laser pointer.

I should also point out that Lux's ult damage is pretty unimpressive if she hasn't already landed another skill shot on you or been insanely fed.