Tips from Sacamanjaro

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacamanjaro

12-07-2012

Hello, Ive had many questions about counterpicks. I'll be here to help teach you about how to counter another champ.

Ex. Some people say Yorick has no counters, but through experiencing I have been able to find out that there is a champ that is quite well for countering him. Cho'gath. The reason Cho'gath counters Yorick is not only because of his heal everytime he heals off a minion kill, but the fact that when he kills Yorick, he can use his Q (knockup) to easily escape from Yoricks ult.

If you want to know strategies about certain champs and why they counter others, just post a comment and I'll be back with a reason and explanation shortly.Also if you want to know anything else about LoL in-game play, just leave a comment.

Thorston13

12-07-2012

Hello and first of all thank you for help and time.

Ok, so Ahri, i have her and played her since her release, but i started playing ranked not long ago, around July or so, right now im at 1080 elo, but i can't seem to carry with her, i have AP runes for my mids that would be Magic pen Reds, Flat AP Yellows, MR blues and flat AP quints with either 21/9/0 or 21/0/9 (depending who i might go against, harass and what not), i would usually go for a tanky build, something like a Katarina build, Sorc Boots/Ionian, Chalice, Revolver, Deathcap, Scepter and never get to build the fifth, i don't make it on that specific order, but each and every game i do with here i end up being more an off support than anything else.

So if you could give me Runes+Masteries and everything you can please, i do love her and i want to play right with her in competitive play.

Once again thank you for your time and help.

Sacamanjaro

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorston13 View Post
Hello and first of all thank you for help and time.

Ok, so Ahri, i have her and played her since her release, but i started playing ranked not long ago, around July or so, right now im at 1080 elo, but i can't seem to carry with her, i have AP runes for my mids that would be Magic pen Reds, Flat AP Yellows, MR blues and flat AP quints with either 21/9/0 or 21/0/9 (depending who i might go against, harass and what not), i would usually go for a tanky build, something like a Katarina build, Sorc Boots/Ionian, Chalice, Revolver, Deathcap, Scepter and never get to build the fifth, i don't make it on that specific order, but each and every game i do with here i end up being more an off support than anything else.

So if you could give me Runes+Masteries and everything you can please, i do love her and i want to play right with her in competitive play.

Once again thank you for your time and help.
I used to main Ahri and i agree with what you said about the masteries. Go with 21/9/0. As for the runes, i personally like to go more dominate against ap champs so I would get all magic penetration for marks, mana regen for seals, ap per level for glyphs, and quints go ap if you want more damage early or hp if you want more sustain. The runes you have aren't really bad. for items depending if you're having trouble early game or the enemy team has a bunch of ap I'd rush abyssal scepter and then maybe a rylais for tankiness late game. Whenever I played ahri I always got most of the kills, so if I'm ever able to I try to give some skills to the tanky dps/adc.

Thorston13

12-07-2012

Ok i see, i was setting up a special runepage for her, something like magic pen mark, flat HP seal, flat AP glyphs and quints, would this work?.
Ahri does have those manahungry moments but i know how to manage mana and once you get Chalice early and for lategame the Grail + blue i believe to be pretty much a safe pick, but my question is if the rune page i thought it could work for her was a good idea or not.
Once again, thank you for your time.

Sacamanjaro

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorston13 View Post
Ok i see, i was setting up a special runepage for her, something like magic pen mark, flat HP seal, flat AP glyphs and quints, would this work?.
Ahri does have those manahungry moments but i know how to manage mana and once you get Chalice early and for lategame the Grail + blue i believe to be pretty much a safe pick, but my question is if the rune page i thought it could work for her was a good idea or not.
Once again, thank you for your time.
Yes, the rune page is just fine as long as you're able to sustain.

Sacamanjaro

12-08-2012

Bump

HoWallaWoH

12-09-2012

Hey Sacamanjaro! I just started playing support roles the past week or so. I find that a lot of the time I am picking Soraka for the amazing amount of sustain she can provide to the ADC. I would like to be able to start countering the other teams pick for support. Who would you counter Sona with, as I see a lot of players choosing her in the ranked queue.