Lux just a bit too stronge?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laissez Faire

Junior Member

12-07-2012

As a long time Lux player, a lot of what you said doesn't seem to accurately describe the character.

Lux is a long range burst mage. She excels at doing front-loaded damage quickly to targets at long range. She also has some team utility with soft CC, shield, and vision. This all comes at the cost of low mobility, low sustained DPS, and inability to take a hit. She's also completely skill-shot based with all of the advantages (hitting people you don't have vision on) and disadvantages (missing and doing absolutly nothing) that entails.

Lux's core gameplay is about positioning and spacing, keeping the enemy in your own range while staying out of theirs. When you fail to do this, you die against a competent opponent. As such she has very unfavorable match-ups against highly mobile champions who are able to change position faster than she can, as well as having strong tools to dodge skill shots. Lux's other main weakness is her high burst/low sustained damage, any champion that builds tanky should have little to fear from Lux alone. Pretty much any bruiser can eat her full combo to the face, live, then jump on top of her and kill her before anything comes off CD.

In my experience, some popular mids with very favorable match-ups against Lux are: Ahri, Akali, Cho'gath, Diana, Fizz, Kassadin, Katarina, Lee Sin, Talon. In these lanes, assuming an equal level of play, there is very little you can do as Lux other than play extremely cautiously and hope they do something stupid that you can exploit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADeadManatee

Junior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
I did read, he is still asking for nerfs to a pure skillshot champion, hard to dodge or not, her entire kit revolves around anticipating the moves of her opponents perfectly to land her skills, she should get rewarded for it with the high DPS they provide.
Her ultimate does not require perfect anticipation of enemy movement, and you will often see Lux players of various elos blind-fire their ultimates knowing the general location of the enemy team and hit at least a few of them.

Unless the enemy team immediately initiates a team-fight, this is "free" damage, which I don't believe revolves around skill in the slightest.

It's not the perfect instances of her ult that would be an issue, just the frequency and effectiveness on a small, realistic scale.

That being said I will not personally cry OP without a lot more information.

Also, I would like to point out that he's not screaming "DARIUS OP QQ GJ RIOT", he's calmly asking if the community believes she's tipped the scale of too strong and voicing his personal opinion on the subject.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADeadManatee

Junior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemaster916 View Post
If you let the fight last long enough, yes she can. However, most teamfights don't last that long. At rank 3 with max CDR, her ult is on a 24 sec cooldown, so by the time she is able to use it a second time, the winner of the teamfight will have already been decided, so it doesn't really matter that she can use it again.

Next time you lose to a champion that gets fed, how about you try and learn how to play against them instead of coming onto the forums to suggest nerfs.
If you want to make a point and have it be taken seriously in a thread, please don't make wild, unsupported assumptions about the OP, or indeed anyone involved.

Dissect the argument instead of trying to "invalidate" the person behind them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mradr

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemaster916 View Post
If you let the fight last long enough, yes she can. However, most teamfights don't last that long. At rank 3 with max CDR, her ult is on a 24 sec cooldown, so by the time she is able to use it a second time, the winner of the teamfight will have already been decided, so it doesn't really matter that she can use it again.

Next time you lose to a champion that gets fed, how about you try and learn how to play against them instead of coming onto the forums to suggest nerfs.
Except I don't play against lux o.o;;; I am support, but I do notice even when my friend plays her he can get that ult off perty fast with a high hit rate.

Both points that her ulti is range and is a skillshot doesn't matter if it has a hit wide range with a short CD. Again, she's a long range burst mage, not a battle hellion xD

All I am asking is a longer cd on the skill. 10-20sec would fix her and wont effect the battle as any other nerf would.

"In my experience, some popular mids with very favorable match-ups against Lux are: Ahri, Akali, Cho'gath, Diana, Fizz, Kassadin, Katarina, Lee Sin, Talon. In these lanes, assuming an equal level of play, there is very little you can do as Lux other than play extremely cautiously and hope they do something stupid that you can exploit. "
Everyone has a counter. That's why she's not op nor did I ever say she was. All I am saying is her ult is a bit stronge compare to other champs that are mid. She also doesn't fall off like a lot of the champs allowing her to get to mid- late game and scale from there really well once she starts pulling in kills.

Most of the champs listed are also short range making it that much eaiser in team fights for her ulti to go off as she runs off and then reult again right after team fights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mradr View Post
Except I don't play against lux o.o;;; I am support, but I do notice even when my friend plays her he can get that ult off perty fast with a high hit rate.

Both points that her ulti is range and is a skillshot doesn't matter if it has a hit wide range with a short CD. Again, she's a long range burst mage, not a battle hellion xD

All I am asking is a longer cd on the skill. 10-20sec would fix her and wont effect the battle as any other nerf would.

"In my experience, some popular mids with very favorable match-ups against Lux are: Ahri, Akali, Cho'gath, Diana, Fizz, Kassadin, Katarina, Lee Sin, Talon. In these lanes, assuming an equal level of play, there is very little you can do as Lux other than play extremely cautiously and hope they do something stupid that you can exploit. "
Everyone has a counter. That's why she's not op nor did I ever say she was. All I am saying is her ult is a bit stronge compare to other champs that are mid. She also doesn't fall off like a lot of the champs allowing her to get to mid- late game and scale from there really well once she starts pulling in kills.

Most of the champs listed are also short range making it that much eaiser in team fights for her ulti to go off as she runs off and then reult again right after team fights.
Yeah guys, because skillshots shouldn't be rewarding at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Yeah guys, because skillshots shouldn't be rewarding at all.
skillshots have their benifits just by being nontargeting.

The rest is extra, what now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laissez Faire

Junior Member

12-07-2012

In my opinion Lux's late game isn't very good compared to other low-mobility champions like Karthus and Ryze, who have a much bigger teamfight presence. The biggest thing Lux contributes to an organized team fight is being able to still do burst damage on a well positioned AD carry, who by late game should have a GA.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mradr

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Yeah guys, because skillshots shouldn't be rewarding at all.
No one ever saying that... do you even read?

Both points that her ulti is range and is a skillshot doesn't matter if it has a hit wide range with a short CD. Again, she's a long range burst mage, not a battle hellion xD

Skillshots or not fast nor are they easy... that's what makes a skillshot a skillshot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombiemaster

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADeadManatee View Post
If you want to make a point and have it be taken seriously in a thread, please don't make wild, unsupported assumptions about the OP, or indeed anyone involved.

Dissect the argument instead of trying to "invalidate" the person behind them.
OK, my post wasn't worded the best, but the thing is, I didn't make any wild, unsupported assumptions. In his match history, there is only 1 game where there is a Lux, and it was the last game he played before posting this. Guess what? In that game, Lux was on the enemy team and was fed, going 14/2/7, and his team also lost the game. Therefore, he lost against a fed Lux.

@Mradr I never said that you said Lux was OP. I said that you were suggesting a nerf on Lux's ult CD because you say that Lux can use it at the beginning of a teamfight and then use it after a teamfight to catch people that escaped. Like I said before, most teamfights don't last long enough for Lux to do this. Most teamfights last somewhere around 10 sec, give or take a few seconds. This means that if Lux used her ult at the beginning of the teamfight, she still has somewhere around 14 seconds before she can use her ult again. There are some teamfights that last long enough for her to use her ult twice, but this is not always the case because most teamfights are over within 10 seconds.

Also, even if you're a support player, you still play against Lux. She can gank you during the lane phase and you face her in teamfights in mid/late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mradr

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemaster916 View Post
OK, my post wasn't worded the best, but the thing is, I didn't make any wild, unsupported assumptions. In his match history, there is only 1 game where there is a Lux, and it was the last game he played before posting this. Guess what? In that game, Lux was on the enemy team and was fed, going 14/2/7, and his team also lost the game. Therefore, he lost against a fed Lux.

@Mradr I never said that you said Lux was OP. I said that you were suggesting a nerf on Lux's ult CD because you say that Lux can use it at the beginning of a teamfight and then use it after a teamfight to catch people that escaped. Like I said before, most teamfights don't last long enough for Lux to do this. Most teamfights last somewhere around 10 sec, give or take a few seconds. This means that if Lux used her ult at the beginning of the teamfight, she still has somewhere around 14 seconds before she can use her ult again. There are some teamfights that last long enough for her to use her ult twice, but this is not always the case because most teamfights are over within 10 seconds.

Also, even if you're a support player, you still play against Lux. She can gank you during the lane phase and you face her in teamfights in mid/late game.
You base all your stuff off one of my games? Wtf O.o? No... I always thought this... I even said in the main post I always have. The cool down on her ulti is just a bit too short.

As for unsupport... you never will have support because each game is different in some way or the next... but it should be simple to tell that her ulti fires fast and is on a short cool down.

There are a lot of games where lux ulti and then wait for a while before doing a team fight.. so even at 10secs long it still time where she can reult again meaning her ulti comes WAY to fast for the dmg it does (aka even if they go back to heal.. that's one person not in the fight anymore and that group has to pull back). Now if it was only 350 per person then the dps of the attack would be less then again.. her ulti becomes useless then... but right now it's 500 a pop with a fast cd. With CDR it becomes that more scary from 40 to 30 sec easy enough with buff from support also.

No other skill can really do that much dmg that fast with that range, that aoe, and with short of CD if they become close to that champ. =/


Someone brought up nidalee. Her attack does dmg over distants and is slow. It takes some real skill and luck to actully land it. On the other hand... luck ulti you just point and click and it does max dps anywhere on that line.. After that.. .you wait 30secs and it's back up... How is that close to be a skill shot? What draw backs are there using it?