Is Syndra good or does she need a buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansaa

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orleos View Post
You beat a Teemo mid, good for you. I'd be surprised if you lost.

I have played her recently, many times in fact. I'm talking in the overall grand scheme of things, outside of lane phase.

Lane phase, she's fine.

Outside of Lane Phase, she's lackluster.

I know to keep moving, I know not to place sphere's merely for the ulti, her damage, overall as an AP carry, is inconsistent. You're telling me the basics of Syndra, meanwhile, she still has some glaring problems that stops her from being a Grade A pick.

As for Q dodging, it's like dodging Cass's Q, semi-short range, and pretty easy to keep moving from. The trick is predicting where they'll be, not where they are, but the shorter range of Q, combined with it's delay, makes it rather easy to dodge, because I've played as Syndra and against Syndra.
0 Deaths whole game though, thats something right??

She is still useful in teamfights, what are you talking about? A team-wide stun for 1.5 seconds can be huge.

Q isn't "short range" and since you move while casting it you're only in their range for a second before you're gone.

Syndra vs Syndra is tough, because Syndra is good and if Syndra is also good then Syndra has to be faster than Syndra or else Syndra will land her Syndra spells on Syndra and Syndra will die to the OTHER Syndra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PluggWolf View Post
In a situation like you're describing here, your ult should be the killing blow. No ignite should be needed unless you didn't set this up right.

Don't place spheres for the sake of my ultimate? If I'm in lane and I know a fully built ult is going to kill them you bet your ass I am placing spheres all up in that ****.

Always move is really not a strategy for this champ. It's a strategy for League of Legends and all MOBA's really. If you don't keep moving, you will die.

That's not always right at all. If you play properly you predict your opponents moves and know they will throw their **** behind you with the intent for you to run over it. That's why you don't do that. Unless you bad.
I put ignite in the combo to ensure a kill. Sure, you can easily get a kill with the Ult as the last move, but ignite confirms it. You never want to let an opponent escape with barely any Hp after you ulted them, when you could have killed them with Ignite. Play it safe.

And situationally, you can place spheres for the sake of an Ult then Flash+Ult them. You misunderstand: In game, don't place spheres with the sole intention to build up the number of Spheres Unleashed Power will use. Anyone who stays to fight you when they know you can kill them with 1 ult is stupid! Plus, if they see you placing spheres for no reason, they'll know exactly what you are planning and escape.

Always moving is a strategy for Syndra, never stand still while casting. How many other champs can attack while casting, and move while casting? Sona? Don't stand still after you cast, move out of their range again, use this to always stay safe with your superior range and mobility. The only time you can handle someone being close is when you're going to ult them, or Stun them.

I'm not saying alway throw a sphere right behind them too, but when you're poking in lane, it works, unless they're moving side to side, then you aim differently. But if they're auto-attacking, then they'll back up into it!

GurkenMAN

12-07-2012

Syndra is incredible fun champ but just UP. Thats about it- she rly needs some sort of buff/tweak.

fletche00

12-07-2012

Syndra is still amazing. Riot has tested her and increased her difficulty rating to 10. I find no problems with her, and think she is amazingly fun to play.

Arcticfury

12-07-2012

She is super tough, but she is also extremely powerful if you can play her well. If you don't mind learning and knowing you're going to have a hard time up front then get her, she'll own in the end. But if you're looking for a no skill OP champ, hold out, Rengar was the last and he's balanced now.

Sybreed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

if you can land most of her spells, she can deal huge amount of damage. It's just that her Q and W are easy to dodge.

MagicMyshu

12-07-2012

She transitions from support -> carry -> support/carry. If you try to play just one or the other you will not get the most out of her. And just because she is hybridized role doesn't mean she is ineffective, she has knockback of janna, stun of morgana (only it penetrates minions!), and the slow of Nunu.

What more do you need?

The whiners on this site already complained about Viktor and got him noobified even when he didn't need a buff. Let's not do the same to Syndra. Just pick another champ =) There's so many at this point.

michelada

12-07-2012

the problem with syndra it's that she is a high risk no reward champ.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Considering how much nuance she requires, she doesn't bring anything new or better to the table.
Think about Veigar and Orianna's kits.

Ansaa

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelada View Post
the problem with syndra it's that she is a high risk no reward champ.
Why? You can't just jump in the "Syndra is UP" bandwagon without giving any reasons.

Her spells are not easy to dodge.
Her stun is long range.
She can deal huge burst with her ult.
She deals 15% increased damage to champs.
She can cast while moving.
She can steal buffs and counter plants/turrets/voidlings/Tibbers
She can out run champs by casting W while moving away from them, or stunning them.
Her E can stun an entire team with proper orb placement.
People underestimate her and pay for it.

Guilty Nite

12-09-2012

Syndra`s ranged is where her strength lies. It allows you to control 1on 1 fights from a safe distance, just be aware of the enemies abilities mainly gap closers. She is easy to fall to a gank due to her being squishy and speed so either eye on the map or stick to a teammate (but if your too cool for that build health or speed. I would like say both but you mainly want to invest in AP and CDR). As for teamfights she excels giving stuns , slows and massive damage to to a group up enemy team as well as an ult that focuses high damage to a single target (enemy Carry kicking in the back ) which also benifits the use of her other abilties after its used( like scatter the weak ) . As far as to buff or not buff , her animation cast on scatter the weak to be reduced and if you don't have a ball, allow for enemies(minions and pets included) to stun each other when they get knocked into one or another.