Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
What are some of the best S3 builds/champions you know of so far?

As best as I've figured things out so far, support seems to start philo+faerie, using the free ward mastery and the lack of early ganks to rush philo+sightstone, then boots, kage, ruby sightstone, aegis and then probably shureliya and runic bulwark, but I don't know about situational items or anything past that. I'm not sure if the flask is a good buy or not yet. It seems rather weak except at the very start, but you can keep it around for a rather long time, so it has some worth.

I'm starting to wonder if heal is actually viable as a summoner spell now, too. Elisia's miracle seems pretty hard to fit in there unless you're just really well fed by level 15, though, but the passive that gives extra HP seems nice now that everyone is just so incredibly squishy. And you can't just take a tiny hit out of the defense tree for a few extra armor/MR any more.

All the other active items are fun to play with too, but I'm just not sure what is and isn't good yet.
Currently I am not planning on going deep on the utility tree as the support. A lot of points elsewhere can be much more useful, such as 9/9/12 setup with the ability to damage as well as not being too squishy but still having the gp10. explorer ward is nice but you won't need it unless you really want to get some early invade going, and the pickpocket's cooldown is too long, thus making it not as good as it seems.

Currently the best thing about s3 is the possibility of running a support with magic pen build. MR's cost has been increased and full magic pen build is really effective.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctwin View Post
Hey, thanks for doing this Ken.

My question: So I've really enjoyed play Kha' Zix lately, but sometimes I have a hard time in early top lane, especially depending on the champ. If they are ranged, I tend to miss out on a lot of farm (especially against, say, Teemo). So what I have ended up doing usually is maxing my W first, with some Q along the way; that way I can put some pressure and have some sustain in lane. Because their is some AP scaling with the W if the passive is used (I think that is how it works), I end up doing a bit of a hybrid build. The question lies in the build. I get merc treads, the new Ravenous Hydra for that AoE melee, some health like Frozen Mallet, Last Whisper for the penetration, and finally some AP like Rylai's Scepter. This seems to work really well, as the Q and W combo does a massive amount of damage with slow. Does this Hybrid build actually work on Kha top lane, especially in ranked games, or should I just build AD like everybody else says? Keep in mind, im only level 27, so the games I've played are only unranked.
First off, I am not a kha players, but I had seen enough good kha players to say that hybrid build isn't worth it.

There is one key point to playing Kha, that is to burst and kill the enemy as fast as possible. With this being said, your build should focus on burst, rather than sustain damage. and make good use out of the leap for resetting/ repositioning yourself.

I don't know too much about the builds with the new s3 patch, but if you post a build up, I can tell you right away whether it is viable or too much wasted stats.

sctwin

12-07-2012

Thanks for the speedy reply. Anywho, here are a couple builds, which were more or less successful (and most of these weren't completed due to surrendering). This will save you the time of having to search me up.

Merc Treads, Ravenous Hydra, Giant's Belt, Amplifying Tome -- incomplete -- 7/0/0
Merc Treads (Homeguard), Ravenous Hydra, Last Whisper, Rylai's Scepter -- incomplete -- 8/4/12
Merc Treads (Alacrity), Ravenous Hydra, B.F. Sword -- incomplete -- 9/2/3
Merc Treads, Ravenous Hydra, Rylai's Scepter, Youmuu's Blade, Bloodthirster -- incomplete -- 16/8/8

Do you think the bonuses on the merc Treads are worth it anyway? Or is there a specific one? I kinda like this idea the put in, but I'm not sure.

Cruelty

12-07-2012

What's a good support that can carry?

ExecutionerK

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bM cry View Post
What's a good support that can carry?
Zyra, Leona, Blitz

All the aggressive support can easily carry bottom lane due to the cc and damage that they have.

ExecutionerK

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctwin View Post
Thanks for the speedy reply. Anywho, here are a couple builds, which were more or less successful (and most of these weren't completed due to surrendering). This will save you the time of having to search me up.

Merc Treads, Ravenous Hydra, Giant's Belt, Amplifying Tome -- incomplete -- 7/0/0
Merc Treads (Homeguard), Ravenous Hydra, Last Whisper, Rylai's Scepter -- incomplete -- 8/4/12
Merc Treads (Alacrity), Ravenous Hydra, B.F. Sword -- incomplete -- 9/2/3
Merc Treads, Ravenous Hydra, Rylai's Scepter, Youmuu's Blade, Bloodthirster -- incomplete -- 16/8/8

Do you think the bonuses on the merc Treads are worth it anyway? Or is there a specific one? I kinda like this idea the put in, but I'm not sure.
T3 boot is generally not needed til very late of the game, Ravenous Hydra is a nice item but most often there is a question: Do you really need it. **it costs 3.5k, that is a lot of money.

Finally, the question is, is the AP worth it?
1. The unseen threat damage is benefited by AP (0.5) which can be a good reason of getting it
2. The heal off from the spike can also be benefited by AP (0.5).

However, combining both of them, the result is that the AP ratio is relatively low, and the other abilities cannot use the AP for much good. As a matter of fact, the only damage buff from getting AP is the unseen threat, which means the only benefit to the damage is only 0.5 per AP. In most cases I will not even build any AP.

Qsario

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Currently I am not planning on going deep on the utility tree as the support. A lot of points elsewhere can be much more useful, such as 9/9/12 setup with the ability to damage as well as not being too squishy but still having the gp10. explorer ward is nice but you won't need it unless you really want to get some early invade going, and the pickpocket's cooldown is too long, thus making it not as good as it seems.

Currently the best thing about s3 is the possibility of running a support with magic pen build. MR's cost has been increased and full magic pen build is really effective.
I've seen Sona abusing the heck out of that, lately. I think one even used Kage's to build a deathcap. I tried running some crazy offense build on Janna, but I just felt too squishy and she's too mana hungry to spam that tornado for damage and everything else is low range.

What sort of items would you go for on a support that wanted to do more magic damage, though?

ExecutionerK

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
I've seen Sona abusing the heck out of that, lately. I think one even used Kage's to build a deathcap. I tried running some crazy offense build on Janna, but I just felt too squishy and she's too mana hungry to spam that tornado for damage and everything else is low range.

What sort of items would you go for on a support that wanted to do more magic damage, though?
The answer of this question will reveal some of my current strag that is running with my team, sorry but I can't answer this question =[

Mungril

12-10-2012

Hey Ken,

i'm coming back to you to ask about lee sin and his build. Yeah i know everyone is asking which build for this and which build for that because of season 3, but lee sin is particular is my favorite champion and i like perfecting the champions i like when it comes to skill and builds. So i'm sorta in a hole trying to figure out a build for lee sin jungle with these new season 3 items. Thanks so much Ken.

ExecutionerK

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Hey Ken,

i'm coming back to you to ask about lee sin and his build. Yeah i know everyone is asking which build for this and which build for that because of season 3, but lee sin is particular is my favorite champion and i like perfecting the champions i like when it comes to skill and builds. So i'm sorta in a hole trying to figure out a build for lee sin jungle with these new season 3 items. Thanks so much Ken.
Currently I will recommend running Wriggle - > boot -> Phage -> Frozen mallet/ Aegis -> Situational

The nerf on armor makes building health a much better choice right now, if the enemy is heavy on AP you can move onto runic bulwark.