Irelia vs Ahri - Progress - @Riot Help out the UW Madison LOL Tournament!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnerer

12-07-2012

my desktop background bro. Congratulations. Awesome job. Please make something with MF now

Eldarhin

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnerer View Post
my desktop background bro. Congratulations. Awesome job. Please make something with MF now
I think I will when the year is finished. o uo~
I'm a bit bogged down in work for the time being.

ALSO! Tournament is today~ > u< My roomie is going to kick lots of ass. Please wish her and the rest of Team SupportPanda luck. >8D

Ze Ocelot

12-08-2012

Good job, love the colors and detail!

Irelia's left arm does seem a bit off, though I can see why it can be tricky. Also, compared to the earlier wips, Irelia isn't exactly looking at Ahri anymore (or her gaze, not sure if intended). Other than that, again, great job! And good luck to your roomie and SupportPanda!!

Eldarhin

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Ocelot View Post
Good job, love the colors and detail!

Irelia's left arm does seem a bit off, though I can see why it can be tricky. Also, compared to the earlier wips, Irelia isn't exactly looking at Ahri anymore (or her gaze, not sure if intended). Other than that, again, great job! And good luck to your roomie and SupportPanda!!
I'm pretty sure the eyes are still where they used to be, but it must've come out funny when I reduced the size. I'll fix that in future drawings. o uo Thank you for your support~

The finals are today. Unfortunately, team SupportPanda was eliminated from the winner's bracket in the second round and from the loser's bracket in the third round... so my roomie will not be participating. ; ^; -sob-

HOWEVER~ I will eventually post links to the youtube of the replays. There was a really awesome jungle invade in the third or fourth round @ A@

ZapMyHeart

12-10-2012

Amazing art as always.

Can has Karma/Sona picture?

Eldarhin

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapMyHeart View Post
Amazing art as always.

Can has Karma/Sona picture?
I've been meaning to draw Sona for a while. She's my main and my roomie's fav. But Karma is sorta... hard for me to do art of. I've never really liked the reference art for Karma and I can't seem to 'connect' with her... although one of my best friends loves her to death.

ZapMyHeart

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldarhin View Post
I've been meaning to draw Sona for a while. She's my main and my roomie's fav. But Karma is sorta... hard for me to do art of. I've never really liked the reference art for Karma and I can't seem to 'connect' with her... although one of my best friends loves her to death.
Well, it doesn't have to be versus picture, does it? :O Karma and Sona are both from Ionia, so they could be having tea or something?

LoLKing does have a pretty good 3D viewing of each champion in case you ever need a reference to any of your future LoL art

Eldarhin

12-11-2012

Quote:
Well, it doesn't have to be versus picture, does it? :O Karma and Sona are both from Ionia, so they could be having tea or something?

LoLKing does have a pretty good 3D viewing of each champion in case you ever need a reference to any of your future LoL art
I actually meant that I can't connect with Karma at all. If I was told to draw her, I'd need everything about her from the beginning of her development to the preferences of the person who created her to draw her, just to see into the nooks and crannies of Karma's 'reason of existence.' For Irelia, it was really hard, so she looked a lot more awkward than Ahri when I drew her. Ahri is really easy for me to read so I could draw her naturally. Everything from her expression to her posture came out without my trying. I suppose it's because Karma and Irelia and I don't really share anything in common but Ahri and I both have 'playful' personalities and animal-like behaviors.

Sona is easy for me to understand because I've been playing piano since I was four years old, so to me, it's sometimes a lot easier than speaking. I don't need to talk to express myself if I have a piano in front of me. That's why drawing her and her poise, the playful undertones in her natural elegance, and the sort of personality that reminds you of Chopin's "Tristess" is also fairly easy.

Other champions I can relate to are: Orianna, Morgana, Diana, Ezreal, Katarina, Lulu, Lux and Syndra, (Funny enough, I play Janna but I really don't like drawing her. O___o; Meh.) So I can draw any of those and the ones I mentioned above. (Why is Ez the only male?)

ZapMyHeart

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldarhin View Post
I actually meant that I can't connect with Karma at all. If I was told to draw her, I'd need everything about her from the beginning of her development to the preferences of the person who created her to draw her, just to see into the nooks and crannies of Karma's 'reason of existence.' For Irelia, it was really hard, so she looked a lot more awkward than Ahri when I drew her. Ahri is really easy for me to read so I could draw her naturally. Everything from her expression to her posture came out without my trying. I suppose it's because Karma and Irelia and I don't really share anything in common but Ahri and I both have 'playful' personalities and animal-like behaviors.

Sona is easy for me to understand because I've been playing piano since I was four years old, so to me, it's sometimes a lot easier than speaking. I don't need to talk to express myself if I have a piano in front of me. That's why drawing her and her poise, the playful undertones in her natural elegance, and the sort of personality that reminds you of Chopin's "Tristess" is also fairly easy.

Other champions I can relate to are: Orianna, Morgana, Diana, Ezreal, Katarina, Lulu, Lux and Syndra, (Funny enough, I play Janna but I really don't like drawing her. O___o; Meh.) So I can draw any of those and the ones I mentioned above. (Why is Ez the only male?)
Have you read Karma's lore? It's pretty amazing, in my opinion. Her lore and League Judgment connected with the old Warwick/Soraka lore and describes her personality and belief systems quite a bit.

I think the simplest way to describe Karma would be matronly elegance and the essence of Mother Theresa (peace and hope) combined. Which is why I suggested her with Sona as they are both elegant in different ways. Sona's elegance is a playful, but with a slight undertone of melancholy, whereas Karma is a dignified and inspirational elegance. Sona's presence is soft and gentle, while Karma's is strong and diligent. I thought it would be a nice contrast between the two.

Of course, you can always ship Ez x Taric. I'm sure tons of people (including myself) would love you for it <3

Eldarhin

12-12-2012

Quote:
Have you read Karma's lore? It's pretty amazing, in my opinion. Her lore and League Judgment connected with the old Warwick/Soraka lore and describes her personality and belief systems quite a bit.

I think the simplest way to describe Karma would be matronly elegance and the essence of Mother Theresa (peace and hope) combined. Which is why I suggested her with Sona as they are both elegant in different ways. Sona's elegance is a playful, but with a slight undertone of melancholy, whereas Karma is a dignified and inspirational elegance. Sona's presence is soft and gentle, while Karma's is strong and diligent. I thought it would be a nice contrast between the two.

Of course, you can always ship Ez x Taric. I'm sure tons of people (including myself) would love you for it <3
Hahahaha, yeah that's a good way to describe it, but that's exactly why I can't draw Karma. I don't mean to offend anyone but I don't like it when girls appear strong or dignified or inspirational. This might sound weird coming from a girl but it's a lot cuter when a girl can't take care of things on her own. Someone who is strong and stands alone so easily somehow becomes really unattractive to me. I don't like flimsy girls either so I end up producing girls who are either melancholy or condescending. I like to draw anti-heros and assassins since they often have similar traits.

Also... I don't like the way Taric looks. D; He kinda looks like an old man. Urk... Sorry for being so picky here. XD;;;