Boar Lady Smash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
I find her very strong from early mid game

Once you itemized your first CDR item, your Q will be very useful and the permaslow + Blackfire torch thing does do a lot of damage. From there on, just stack HP AP items much like amumu would
but what's the point of playing sejuani if amumu does the same things except better

amumu Q stun and longer range (sejuani Q only slow)

amumu W way more damage with way more scaling with 100% uptime (sejuani W low damage, bad scaling, has less than 100% uptime)

amumu E moderate damage, extremely low cd, prevents some damage (sejuani E moderate damage, moderate cd, has slow)

amumu R long cd huge scaling huge damage huge aoe (sejuani R bad scaling, moderate damage, moderate aoe)

only thing sejuani seems to have over amumu is that her E has a big slow, but seeing as how it requires frost, has higher cd than amumu E, I can't say it's definitively better

amumu and sejuani's ults has the same damage and scaling but amumu can do fine building full ap due to his other ratios whereas sejuani needs to build tanky resulting in low ult damage

SylianEUW

12-07-2012

This is amusing, since many people over here have been saying that Sejuani is one of the worst champions in Dominion. I disagreed, saying that she's not that bad, that with some help she could be viable. Seems the Season 3 changes made her viable? I haven't tried her yet, but she's one of the few tanks that could maybe survive the BC stacking, though BFT really hurts her. Maybe get an Odyn's Veil in her build?

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

finally got around to trying this and i was very impressed. Of course trying this in the era of black cleaver and pantheons is a bit....well skewed in their favor, i still did very well through the early and mid game, but noticed some late game falling off. almost got around to a 6 item build before winning, having the giants belt portion of Rylai's.

Malah

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Actually, Sejuani has already been mostly acknowledged as viable by the competitive Dominion community already, seeing as how she has been used by both of the top teams in the weekly DominateDominion tourney.
Yes, but the competitive Dominion community also exists in its own bubble. The outside world still has people (a lot of them, actually) who don't understand supports, garrison, or revive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
This is amusing, since many people over here have been saying that Sejuani is one of the worst champions in Dominion. I disagreed, saying that she's not that bad, that with some help she could be viable. Seems the Season 3 changes made her viable? I haven't tried her yet, but she's one of the few tanks that could maybe survive the BC stacking, though BFT really hurts her. Maybe get an Odyn's Veil in her build?
I go Odyn's if someone fed has an excessive amount of MPen or if I'm needed as a brick wall rather than a source of damage; I'm getting really good results off being able to murder the competition myself instead of trying to just last long enough for someone else to do the job for me. I'm still tanky, but I'm also able to take down people efficiently (especially carries) with just torch and some MPen (Abyssal/Sorc), and I tend to do my job better as a tank when people actually fear me because I burst down their carries in two seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindllapse View Post
but what's the point of playing sejuani if amumu does the same things except better

amumu Q stun and longer range (sejuani Q only slow)

amumu W way more damage with way more scaling with 100% uptime (sejuani W low damage, bad scaling, has less than 100% uptime)

amumu E moderate damage, extremely low cd, prevents some damage (sejuani E moderate damage, moderate cd, has slow)

amumu R long cd huge scaling huge damage huge aoe (sejuani R bad scaling, moderate damage, moderate aoe)

only thing sejuani seems to have over amumu is that her E has a big slow, but seeing as how it requires frost, has higher cd than amumu E, I can't say it's definitively better

amumu and sejuani's ults has the same damage and scaling but amumu can do fine building full ap due to his other ratios whereas sejuani needs to build tanky resulting in low ult damage
What's your point, exactly, when Amumu outclasses every DPS tank? He needs kicks to every single number in his kit.

That said, she sticks to targets without relying on landing a single, narrow skill shot on a particular target and has incredible mobility once she ramps up her CDR. Her W is also flat out superior to Amumu's minus some dinwit stacking health without a major MR item to shut down the Kitae's that every auto attacker will rush.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

The only thing that stops me from playing Sejuani is that her only hard CC is on her ult. Besides that, she's just got a lot of soft CC. A LOT of it, which is good, but that doesn't interrupt a Warwick Ult or a rampaging Darius.

If her QWE kit only had a stun, I'd play her frequently.

HaIfhearted

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
It wasn't the S3 changes that did it, it was a few guys in solo q who figured her out, and Hipeoples/Painkillar demonstrating how powerful she is in the weekly tourney (after Amumu was banned, of course).

Just like Brand used to be considered a weak champion until demonstrated otherwise, Sejuani just needed a person who was good with her to show everyone how powerful she was.

DiscworldDeath

12-08-2012

I've linked you people to Shopov's old leagueofstats page many times.
Like, 9 months ago.