The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LSA

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
They can keep making sexy skins, but Katarina is a bad-ass assassin. Not a stripper.
Yes, and Kog'Maw is a monster from the void, not Michigan J Frog and I don't see people *****ing about that. TF isn't PSY. Talon isn't Michael Jackson. Kayle isn't Sir Mix A Lot.

Why don't people complain about that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Convulsion

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Anyone not for this is a lame, and probably never has been laid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kedali

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRuleAll View Post
What right do you have to tell people what is "morale,"
I have every god damn right to tell you what morale is. You'd probably be a better person if someone had told you about morale sooner.

Quote:
moĚrale
[muh-ral]
noun
emotional or mental condition with respect to cheerfulness, confidence, zeal, etc., especially in the face of opposition, hardship, etc.: the morale of the troops.
And just you try to stop me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shizuhara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

*** isn't anything to be ashamed of, but our culture has made it acceptable to seek out sexual arousal from any and all sources, save the very young and the furry.

So, while the pole dance is rather annoying, they're not really pushing the envelope.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

luti01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Downvoted, you want to take out the best feature of the skin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rinku Locke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

just because they have sexy skins in the game does not make the other skins nonexistent. They have the cute teemo skins, the sexy Kat skins, and the badass of many variety. Don't try to make it like the only thing they produce is for the teenage boys, they r the largest group and therefore get more skins The End


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreka View Post
Yes, it's only cosmetic, and perhaps in a perfect world where everyone is mature and intelligent to completely ignore the superfluous, cosmetic aspect of life then none of this would ever be a problem. But as it stands, this "females MUST exude their sexiness" attitude is only giving a thumbs up to shallowness.

I understand it's a fantasy game and the female characters don't have to be realistic, but they also don't all have to ooze sexy. I'm glad there are more champions like Diana, Leona and Vi, I think we're heading in the right direction. As long as there's a healthy amount of variety, I'll be happy.
So? Are you mature and intelligent? If you are, why would this skin bother you or, what is so offensive for you?

I like champions like Diana and Leona as well, but I don't call the pitchforks for skins like this, it's just overly dramatic and have never seen a single argument that makes sense against it, just the same old "it disgusts me! Why? Because it's oversexualizing women"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JagenBlitz

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
You're picking out individual examples. I'm looking at the broader picture.
No, you're not. You're picking out on skin and saying they're releasing nothing but "derivative trash" when we've had tons of amazing skins. You're willfully ignoring that to try and prove a point.

Quote:
The more you fill a movie with scantily clad women, the more quickly people will come to the conclusion that it's that kind of a movie, and the more narrow the audience will be. Conversely, the more the movie has well-developed characters, the more people will be inclined to take it seriously, and the more it will appeal to a broader audience.
This isn't a movie. Stop comparing it to one. There are over 100 characters in this game. A handful of them aren't going to define the game as a whole to anyone but people looking for an excuse to complain. No normal person sees several scantily clad females among a roster of over 100 and thinks "OMG this is a 4chan game".

Quote:
You look at most computer games, and the way the characters are developed says a lot about the game. Diablo 3 has very consistent character design, and the characters are fairly well-thought-out; a bit cliched, perhaps, but there's nothing that suggest that it's not a well-developed game.
I've never played Diablo.

Quote:
You look at League of Legends, and what you see are strippers, plushies, and robots. It looks, frankly, like it was designed for the 4chan crowd. That may go over well with the 4chan crowd, but good luck marketing that to a general audience.
So now there's a problem with robots and plushies? Not to mention the warriors, crazed scientists, archers, warriors, void monsters, physical manifestations of nightmares, etc. You claim to be looking at a "broader picture", yet limit a game with over 100 characters to 3 archetypes as if they define the game as a whole? Are you joking?

Quote:
Going back to the example of Blizzard, what Blizzard figured out was that video games have gone mainstream, and that they could appeal to a wider audience. But to do so, they quietly trimmed back some of the usual content that video game designers put in to appeal to teenage boys. Riot hasn't figured that out, and is still designing for the teenage boy audience. Guess who still has better sales, even though LoL is supposedly the hot new thing in gaming?
You're comparing Blizzard, a company that's been around for over 20 years and has built a massive fanbase, with Riot, a company that's been around for 6, and asking which has the better sales? Are you . . . are you retarded? That fact that they're even COMPARABLE is a massive point in Riots favor.

Quote:
The comparison between mainline Hollywood films and late-night cable may have been a bit exaggerated, but the point is: one is attempting to appeal to as large an audience as possible, the other is attempting to make some quick money off a very narrow demographic. Riot's still going with the latter approach, and it shows.
Do you not listen? If Riot made nothing but sleazy skins, you may have a point. But in the recent time frame they've made Arclight Varus, Eternum Nocturne, Bad Santa Veigar, and all the skins I mentioned before. And considering LoL is one of the most played games online, I don't think they need your advice on appealing to a wider audience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Locke Cole

Senior Member

12-07-2012

People always gotta find something to gripe about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dainyan

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convulsion View Post
Anyone not for this is a lame, and probably never has been laid.
Guess I'm lame and never had *** before.

I must be some prudish old maid, right?