The New Jungle and You.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HazardousIndex

12-07-2012

I think understanding how to operate in the new jungle goes hand in hand with what Riot intended with their changes. In essence, they wanted to put a stop to a few things: jungling with champions that were never intended to jungle, level 1-2 ganks where the jungler has a large amount of health and resources, and camping lanes with a jungler because the jungle is so easily cleared.

What you describe (going back early and having a hard time if your first gank doesn't succeed) is exactly what Riot was intending. So, you're not doing anything wrong in the jungle.

One way I've found to overcome these jungler "nerfs" is to use jungle-specific champions like Warwick and Fiddlesticks. These junglers are able to maintain almost full health during jungling, and as a result they will be able to gank at full strength at any time.

Unfortunately, jungling with champions like Lulu is most likely not going to be viable now.

Of course, all that being said, the right combination of runes/masteries/items should still allow just about any reasonable melee champion to jungle. Use the new jungle items in the store. You might have to go back more often, but that's just the new meta.

Prongs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

My main junglers are Skarner, Amumu, and Shaco.

Skarner doesn't have that much of a problem (IMO) since I start out Hunting Machete and x5 health pots. This allows me to stay in the jungle for a full clear (up to roughly level 4ish). Once at this point, the jungle mobs are easy to take out.

Amumu, well I haven't had much time with him in the new jungle. By starting items are same as above Hunting Machete and x5 Health pots. Amumu is a very durable jungler to begin with so he doesn't have much of a problem.

Shaco is a good single target jungler and with the help of his boxes, he can fly through the jungle without taking much damage (Havent jungled him much in the new jungle)

I just it just depends on the jungler and how well you can jungle

Xer087

12-07-2012

Diana. Good solid clear time w aoe. Talking shield first (asusual) rush to 3 get qwe use flash(I take Sprint ) to secure first gank w pull back/snare. As far as starting items Ehhh machete is ok. Doesn't make up for ms loss from boots imho. I still take it because I havnt failed an initial gank in a week or so and just get boots after gank.

Fênrir

12-07-2012

i jungled alot in season 2 and now again in 3 and i haven't really found it to be that much of a problem.... i don't understand how people cant clear it and gank in all honesty

Grollm

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fênrir View Post
i jungled alot in season 2 and now again in 3 and i haven't really found it to be that much of a problem.... i don't understand how people cant clear it and gank in all honesty
Alot of junglers were knocked out or have a significantly harder time clearing than they did before. It was the tanky/support junglers that are having issues, Amumu, Malphite, and suprisingly Lee Sin. Lee Sin is just taking so much damage now in the jungle, he was the number 1 jungler season 2 but now I don't even think he's a tier 3. Riot wanted to shift junglers from the support/tanky aoe champs to allow single target champs to be able to do well. In season 2 if you were playing, let's say a Warwick or Xin Zhao against a Shyvana or Mundo you might as well just switch jungles because they both would counter jungle the **** out of you and there wasn't much you could do. Ironically though, it seems like Nautilus is doing much better this season than last season and I don't really know why...

StompingOrphans

12-07-2012

Ive been jungling on one of my low lvl accounts and alot easier then season 2 imo. i don't mind not early ganks and im happy to do a clear then back. the only problem i have is that jungle monsters don't seem to give enough Exp and i sometimes find myself underlvl if i don't push out lanes or gank alot . idk may just be no runes or masteries.

iAmCaptainMerlin

12-07-2012

I actually love jungle wukong. He was my favorite in s2. In s3 his jungle skills skyrocketed. His Q lowers their defense... And his E gives attack speed so he's a natural at this new jungle. If you're having problems with jungle still, go down the defense tree. You won't lose much damage as wukong and will be way tanker for the creeps early on. Hope I helped :)

kwoxer

12-08-2012

Well there are many strong junglers, but your jungler should be strong late game. So shaco is I think outclassed and very useless. Didnt play him yet but having a look on the jungle tier list http://www.ljtd.net/jungle-season-3/ says that even scarner is faster then him.

Beef All The Way

12-08-2012

I dont understand how you guys are jungle failing.... I jungle faster and easier (higher hp) on all my junglers than before. Ive done it with Karthus, Yi, Malphite, Mundo, Amumu, Wu, Teemo, WW, and alistar. and these are both in ranked and solo custom games.

On Ad champions I run Y: Armor-flat R: Damage-flat B: Armor-flat with 0/29/1
On Ap champions I run Y: Armor-flat R: Ability-flat B: Ability-flat with 0/29/1

Machette and 5 pot on all. fast clear times, ending with 80% plus hp on most some I cant quite get double golems and some I get a full 2x clear and b after buffs end. but overall they are all faster and better than S02