The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dainyan

12-07-2012

I think people are misunderstanding the point of this thread. There is nothing wrong with pole dancing (or stripping, which pole dancing =/= stripping). There is nothing wrong with having sexy characters or sexy skins in this game. The problem is that nearly every single one of the female LoL characters are designed to be sexy. Many of the skins you can buy for them cater to stereotypical fantasies. Which isn't necessarily bad. However, it shouldn't make up the vast majority of the females.

Also, to people saying the pole dancing is an effective, excellent form of exercise (which it most definitely is), really? You think that's why they included an animation of her pole dancing? And I've always had a problem with Nidalee's dance.

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, don't buy it. But as a female, it does get tiring to see nearly every female in this game depicted in the same, purely sexual way. They don't have to be dressed like that. And women can still be sexy without their breasts (which in this game are sometimes so big it's almost comical) and their sexuality shoved front and center into your face.

Kirsk

12-07-2012

I showed one of my female co-works this video and she absolutely flipped out. It was actually pretty funny to hear her rant like that but then it turns out shes part of a group called the "Feminists for Life" organization and that she would "be making phone calls". Sorry about that Riot.

But hey, if you guys think theres nothing wrong with this than there shouldnt be a problem...right?

Baneson

12-07-2012

I disagree with what you say OP, but I will defend with my life yadda yadda yadda...

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainyan View Post
I think people are misunderstanding the point of this thread. There is nothing wrong with pole dancing (or stripping, which pole dancing =/= stripping). There is nothing wrong with having sexy characters or sexy skins in this game. The problem is that nearly every single one of the female LoL characters are designed to be sexy. Many of the skins you can buy for them cater to stereotypical fantasies. Which isn't necessarily bad. However, it shouldn't make up the vast majority of the females.
Why not?

Keep in mind that the skins do not change their lore,its just a cosmetic change.

Zer0Limit

12-07-2012

I got no problem with the pole dance animation. But I do have a problem with her color scheme. Its just so very bad.

TheDancingDead

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmarler View Post
I'm married. My wife's awesome. Pole dancing as an exercise is pretty damn awesome. It sure beats Zumba. Also, I don't really see a problem with oversexualized cartoon pixels. If children were playing this I'd be worried about the community, not their proximity to teen images. People just want something to point out and say "that's not right" but the only thing wrong with League is the community. That's just how it is.
Remember something in the news the other day about a Zumba class basically being busted for cover-up prostitution.

Zummmmmba!

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-07-2012

I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE HATING ON HOT GIRLS.

I AM TIRED OF IT.

WOMEN EXlST.

THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE ATTRACTIVE.

KAT IS ONE OF THEM.

KAT IS EXTREMELY SEXY ESPECIALLY IN THIS SKIN.

DEAL WITH IT.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koelof View Post
Skins do not do anything to change lore, or the original design.

They are not canon.
Aside from Tyrant Swain and urf the manatee

Dainyan

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
Why not?

Keep in mind that the skins do not change their lore,its just a cosmetic change.
It would be less of an issue for me if more of the male champs were also objectified in the same way the women are, but they're not.

I think everybody likes looking at pretty women. However, not all of the females need to have their boobs flopping around ALL the time.

BiOHazzzarD

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE HATING ON HOT GIRLS.

I AM TIRED OF IT.

WOMEN EXlST.

THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE ATTRACTIVE.

KAT IS ONE OF THEM.

KAT IS EXTREMELY SEXY ESPECIALLY IN THIS SKIN.

DEAL WITH IT.
The Majority of women are NOT attractive.

Maybe only 10% or 5% of the female population is attractive.