The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kedali

12-07-2012

I hadn't seen that lol. The stripper pole is pretty stupid, but I have no doubt that there are plenty of idiots that will buy her just for it, and that keeps the game free for me, so oh well.

I will say though, this is probably a new low for Riot lol. Maybe things were looking a little tight so they wanted a quick boost to make sure their Xmas bonuses were good.

ArashiCrystal

12-07-2012

It's a little too much for a game that is supposed to be T rated.

prettynreckless

12-07-2012

The stripper pole is the only thing I like about the skin. The hair and the red/purple combo just seems thrown together.

Lead Death

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Iv seen it, and it is a bit much, but... its not THAT bad... its bad, just not THAT bad.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
This. It's obviously yet another in a long line of "for the entertainment of our teenage boy audience" skins, so it's ridiculous to assert that it's all about women's rights or exercise.

Frankly, I think I've about had it with Riot's attitude toward women. I've spent a significant amount of money on this game, but when paying customers complain about the way that women are depicted, it's nothing but nice-sounding things about how they want a variety in design, then more skins with scantily-clad females dancing and talking in very suggestive ways.

If Riot wants to keep designing the game for insecure teenage boys, go for it, I'll take my money elsewhere.
Quoted for truth. My wife is a gamer, and she would love to play League, but when all the skins are super sexy, it's a little bit off-putting for her. By the same token, what's stopping Riot from making sexy male skins? I don't see any of those around. That leads me to believe that all of this is just pure fan-service to make money.

LostLaneWonGame

12-07-2012

Girls aren't the only ones who get to have fun with a pole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgPc0GaF-E

BlueIzBk

12-07-2012

maybe it should be happy xxxmas kat

Logios

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
This. It's obviously yet another in a long line of "for the entertainment of our teenage boy audience" skins, so it's ridiculous to assert that it's all about women's rights or exercise.

Frankly, I think I've about had it with Riot's attitude toward women. I've spent a significant amount of money on this game, but when paying customers complain about the way that women are depicted, it's nothing but nice-sounding things about how they want a variety in design, then more skins with scantily-clad females dancing and talking in very suggestive ways.

If Riot wants to keep designing the game for insecure teenage boys, go for it, I'll take my money elsewhere.
What planet do you live on where only teenage boys like "scantily-clad" women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
Quoted for truth. My wife is a gamer, and she would love to play League, but when all the skins are super sexy, it's a little bit off-putting for her. By the same token, what's stopping Riot from making sexy male skins? I don't see any of those around. That leads me to believe that all of this is just pure fan-service to make money.
The thing preventing them from making sexy male skins is the fact they wouldn't sale well. OMG HOW DARE A COMPANY MAKE DECISIONS BASIC OFF MAKING MONEY!!!!!!

OF COURSE it's all about money, Riot's not a god damn charity.

ChocolateMang0

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArashiCrystal View Post
It's a little too much for a game that is supposed to be T rated.
really?
lol
after t is m
you think a clothed character doing a pole dance justifies an M rating?
seems really sheltered to me lol

Delicious Smores

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logios View Post
Come to FL, that stupid rule doesn't exist. Touching during a lap dance is not only allowed, but encouraged.
Well then... when I eventually take a cruise down there I'll be sure to check it out. Ha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
You make a valid point, and I could see her beating the **** out of a touchy patron. I just see the slippery slope in these skins, and I want there to be a clear line for Riot to know what's too much sleaze.
As many have been saying, Nidalee has been doing it for a LONG time. The big difference is Kat's leaned back and holding on pose at the end of the animation.

I don't think we've reached the line, but Riot probably won't go further than the skimpy outfits, sexual jokes (Janna and Miss Fortune), and the poses.

Honestly though, I think Kat's absolutely retarded looking dance makes up for it. We have to have something that looks cool/nice.

Unless I'm missing something, that dance is just... dumb.