Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PXShaman View Post
Well how do you think SPirit Stone as an item is, why not talk about new jungling.
OP on certain champions ESPECIALLY Amumu. You can no longer fight Amumu in the jungle or outside of the jungle with the spirit stone.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Team Dynamic (TD) Beaten!
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...12483081_n.jpg

Currently ranked top 10 in ranked 5s
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2421/top101744.png

iDpark

12-06-2012

Congrats!
4 AD meta.
GG.

LarcyBrown

12-06-2012

funny how some of the people giving out some simple help , by following their own advice managed to climb to super high elo.
the dude from realelohell.wordpress.com has also gotten to super high elo season 2 and gets to play with private club of competive team memebers in NA.

상자상자상자

12-06-2012

Hey Ken.

Last season I had a top ELO of 1373, and hovered in the 1300s for a bit then dropped to the mid 1200s.

This season, I was 4-0 in placement matches, mostly playing mid lane(Rumble, Orianna, Morgana). Then I got placed with people who didn't know how to teamfight or position and lost a multitude of games in a row, and am now 1208 ELO and scared to play more ranked due to trolls.

This is reinforced because of the new season 3 changes.

Should I just spam ranked games and try and even out my ranking that way, or just try and get familiar with a couple champions in normals and then use them in ranked?

Thanks.

ExecutionerK

12-06-2012

The season 3 changes are huge. All the roles except AD carry got a huge change in both item builds and fighting potential. I will highly suggest you to practice in normals and find few generic builds that always work before you go back into ranked.

Qsario

12-06-2012

What are some of the best S3 builds/champions you know of so far?

As best as I've figured things out so far, support seems to start philo+faerie, using the free ward mastery and the lack of early ganks to rush philo+sightstone, then boots, kage, ruby sightstone, aegis and then probably shureliya and runic bulwark, but I don't know about situational items or anything past that. I'm not sure if the flask is a good buy or not yet. It seems rather weak except at the very start, but you can keep it around for a rather long time, so it has some worth.

I'm starting to wonder if heal is actually viable as a summoner spell now, too. Elisia's miracle seems pretty hard to fit in there unless you're just really well fed by level 15, though, but the passive that gives extra HP seems nice now that everyone is just so incredibly squishy. And you can't just take a tiny hit out of the defense tree for a few extra armor/MR any more.

All the other active items are fun to play with too, but I'm just not sure what is and isn't good yet.

Elier

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Grats!

I'd love to see the replay of that game.

sctwin

12-07-2012

Hey, thanks for doing this Ken.

My question: So I've really enjoyed play Kha' Zix lately, but sometimes I have a hard time in early top lane, especially depending on the champ. If they are ranged, I tend to miss out on a lot of farm (especially against, say, Teemo). So what I have ended up doing usually is maxing my W first, with some Q along the way; that way I can put some pressure and have some sustain in lane. Because their is some AP scaling with the W if the passive is used (I think that is how it works), I end up doing a bit of a hybrid build. The question lies in the build. I get merc treads, the new Ravenous Hydra for that AoE melee, some health like Frozen Mallet, Last Whisper for the penetration, and finally some AP like Rylai's Scepter. This seems to work really well, as the Q and W combo does a massive amount of damage with slow. Does this Hybrid build actually work on Kha top lane, especially in ranked games, or should I just build AD like everybody else says? Keep in mind, im only level 27, so the games I've played are only unranked.

ExecutionerK

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elier View Post
Grats!

I'd love to see the replay of that game.
http://www.twitch.tv/fyaumashi/b/345646625