About the Teemo nerf:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordRandomness

12-07-2012

- Teemo almost always builds Malady.
- Malady got a 10% AP ratio.
- Teemo's net position is about 5 base damage (the base damage Malady lost) worse, and that's not even counting spellsword.

Although I don't think nerfing Teemo because an item he always buys was buffed is healthy for the game (it says things about champion/item dependence), he is doing about as much damage with his E as he was pre-S3 once he gets his Malady (and really, was the 0.1 AP scaling making a huge difference before then?), and Spellsword makes it even better. Basically, what Teemo loses in native scaling he is getting back in scaling from other sources.

Still bitter about the shroom nerf though

LordRandomness

12-07-2012

Bump for information.

Rarity Belle

12-07-2012

Mushrooms were about ready to be nerfed honestly. Torment + Mushroom was just too much.

WushiFinger

12-07-2012

The spell sword mastery is almost useless... For every 100 ap you get you add 5 damage... Worth It?

harry13aals

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity Belle View Post
Mushrooms were about ready to be nerfed honestly. Torment + Mushroom was just too much.
Balancing Teemo around Torment is pigeonholing him into a build where he's forced to build it. I think there was probably a better way to deal with that interaction.

On the topic of the malady: the new 0.1 on-hit didn't come for free - flat on-hit got nerfed, so did the shred, so did the attack speed. Really don't see how that item makes this E nerf a wash...

Tejesh

12-07-2012

A better nerf would be to delete him, IMO.

LordRandomness

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryceamas View Post
The spell sword mastery is almost useless... For every 100 ap you get you add 5 damage... Worth It?
Teemo's nerf is almost useless... For every 100ap you get you lose only 10 damage. What are you complaining about then?

Spellsword is half of the nerf applied to Teemo. They are close enough in strength that one being relevant implies that the other is. Besides, if I get 300AP and get 15 extra damage each AA (not particularly infeasible), that's an effective bonus of 45 AP on my Toxic Shot (It would require 45 AP to give Toxic Shot that 15 damage per shot). Not bad for a single mastery point.

LordRandomness

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry13aals View Post
Balancing Teemo around Torment is pigeonholing him into a build where he's forced to build it. I think there was probably a better way to deal with that interaction.

On the topic of the malady: the new 0.1 on-hit didn't come for free - flat on-hit got nerfed, so did the shred, so did the attack speed. Really don't see how that item makes this E nerf a wash...
Well, that's where spellsword comes in. The AS nerf was like 5% and part of a broader increase in AS prices (so Teemo's enemies suffer just as much from it), the on-hit nerf was 5 damage, and the AP nerf was...around 5 AP? I actually thought Malady was 25 before, so I'm not sure. The shred kind of sucks, but I believe it goes higher now (it was 6 over 4 stacks before rather than 4 over 7 stacks, I thought)

I agree on the torment thing, though I'm not sure how to fix it without weird special case stuff.

WushiFinger

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRandomness View Post
Teemo's nerf is almost useless... For every 100ap you get you lose only 10 damage. What are you complaining about then?

Spellsword is half of the nerf applied to Teemo. They are close enough in strength that one being relevant implies that the other is. Besides, if I get 300AP and get 15 extra damage each AA (not particularly infeasible), that's an effective bonus of 45 AP on my Toxic Shot (It would require 45 AP to give Toxic Shot that 15 damage per shot). Not bad for a single mastery point.
You're right it is nice but that 300 ap you're talking about doesn't come for free... So assume this nerf has already happened. Every game you're going to struggle in lane, get kicked around and pushed out of lane as bad as vayne does now. And then you won't ever get the money to buy these two large items to get this 300ap. And by the time you do get these items, well everyone else is working on item number 4 or 5 (including boots).

LordRandomness

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryceamas View Post
You're right it is nice but that 300 ap you're talking about doesn't come for free... So assume this nerf has already happened. Every game you're going to struggle in lane, get kicked around and pushed out of lane as bad as vayne does now. And then you won't ever get the money to buy these two large items to get this 300ap. And by the time you do get these items, well everyone else is working on item number 4 or 5 (including boots).
Well alright, bring it down to 100. Spellsword is giving you the equivalent of 15 AP in Toxic Shot now. That's still incredible for a single mastery point.