Lets talk about other aspects of season 3 changes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grantson

12-06-2012

I want start a new topic in Dominion tread and move on to other aspects of the season 3 patch other then penetration changes. Other then the Black Cleaver, what are other dominion player noticing in games now? I'll start off with the movement speed aspects of games.

1. Movement speed Quintessence has dramatically drop in value with new boots upgrade and items.

I've removed my 4.5% Quintessence and swapped to other runes. A guy did a recalculation on the entire item per stats value, and movement speed drop more than 10 gold per stats. Not to mention every champions base speed increase by 25, and more items have movement speed so it seems like a rather mediocre choice now.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a...tem-efficiency

2. Skill tree (Relentless and Tenacious) stacking, should you pick Boots of Swiftness or Mercury to further enhance it?

If they're stacking multiplicity. It’s a matter of getting 36.25% reduce slow and 15% reduce soft CC duration. Or 15% reduced slow and 44.75% reduce soft CC duration (The +25 magic resist and +15 movement speed + 200 gold actually evens out with the cost differences of boots so I'm not looking at the aspect of pros and cons). To me, mercury boots still seems like the superior choice of boots as boots of swiftness is still too situational in a kiting scenarios.

Let’s say a range auto-attack champion builds frozen mallet, who can apply a 30% range slow for 1.5 seconds. Mercury's tread isn't going to help you get away since the auto-attack refresh the slow with every new application. Presuming you have both boots of swiftness and relentless. It can reduce any slows by 36%, which turns the 30% slow to 19.2% slow. Which honestly, isn't enough for the you to get away in most scenario. But this is a different story for kiters such as Janna and Zileon who can slow or disrupt the other guy to even the playing field of cat and mouse chase. But for Rammus and other speeders who can’t apply a slow on their own it’s still pretty useless.

3. Boots upgrade, seems like only 2 of them are popular in dominion.

So far I've seen the Alacrity and Furor a lot (+15 speed and +12% for 2 seconds on attack). For running and chasing lol. Home-guard and Captain seems to have potential in certain situation. For example (Boots of Mobility + Home guard), (Runic Bulwark + Captain + Sona's E on minions). Any other combo's that seem good?

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I AM IN LOVE WITH DFG!

(sorry, had to get that off my chest)

Yohnski

12-06-2012

Something I've found interesting that hasn't gotten a lot of mention yet are the changs to Exhuast. Rather than just 70% damage reduction it's now 30% damage reduction and 50% reduced attack speed. Looks to me like it was designed around SR mechanics and making Exhaust still useful (by shutting down the AD Carry) while not making it stupidly OP elsewhere *cough* toplane *cough*

On Dom, where AD carries weren't the norm anyways (except for Ez, and he deserves every bad thing coming his way) it's seemed to help mages out. Now most mages, with the exception of super burst mages, just seem to shrug off exhaust in the few games I've played. Same goes to most AD casters as well. Standard bruisers seem more or less affected by it how they were before this patch.

With the nerf to garrison (no offensive bonus) and this possible nerf to exhaust (especially if people start running mages and AD Casters more) I wonder if we'll see more of a variety in 2nd summoner spell choices.

boomshackalak

12-07-2012

From what I can see, exhaust has not changed much for mages. Movement speed reduction has been reduced to 30%, from 40%. Damage reduction from abilities/items has remained unchanged at 30%, while reduction of damage from attacks (which I think means all physical damage) has gone down to 30% from 70%. So this is yet another buff to AD casters..

Haven't gotten many games in yet, so don't now much about how the changes have affected the game (except Black Cleaver, of course). Did not understand much first time Twin Shadows hit me.

Nyerky

12-07-2012

Brown boots got nerfed, so you can probably start the game spending 350 gold in something else

hinderlopen

12-07-2012

This may just be me, but rushing sword of the divine feels really strong on vayne, havent tried it for other adc's but it should still be ok. The burst from the active is amazing and cd is short enough to not be painful.

Also considering taking ravenous hydra instead of sanguine blade on fiora, Rushing it will help push bot lane if necessary and it helps her teamfights a little. Needing pickaxe instead of a BF sword is a really nice change for early itemization.

The one thing i want the most is an alternative start to boots + prospector's blade for an ad carry/bruiser. It's gotten a little boring to either start the game with that or lose the fight or lane 80% of the time. The times i've tried not starting Pblade i've ended up wanting to buy one midgame just because the stats are so good. Anyone have suggestions?

FDru

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyerky View Post
Brown boots got nerfed, so you can probably start the game spending 350 gold in something else
I tried that a few times but it wasn't worth it. Got hit by too many skillshots... 25 MS does matter.

smXho

12-07-2012

I've been trying to get flask as starting item, especially on mana hungry champs.

I've found that if throughout the first 8-10 minute of the game (until i work on my 4th item), if you use 4 health pot, then its cost efficient
225- 90 (sell gold) = 135
4 pot = 35*4 = 140

konfetarius

12-07-2012

Quote:
I tried that a few times but it wasn't worth it. Got hit by too many skillshots... 25 MS does matter.
If you could avoid skill shots before with champions like Zyra with boots, you can afford to not get boots on champions like the current Pantheon. 25 MS difference matters, but it doesn't matter that much.

Nyerky

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
it works on some champs

on ryze i start with another mana crystal instead of boots