Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethminite

12-07-2012

One thing i dont get, is people keep mentioning Ashe and Sej here, because they are from a cold climate, but arnt wearing warm cloths.

If an eskimo came down to the city, do you think they'd still wear their fur? No, they'd be wearing as little as possible because the whole place would be way too hot for them.
So ashe and Sej wearing next to nothing in the arena makes sence.
What doesnt make sence about them is having their portrate showing them wearing nothing while at home too.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Oh hey that's a corset. Huh interesting choice.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
I hate to say it, but that's... a REALLY silly argument. Korra is the Avatar, it's her job to kick ass with the power of the 4 elements that only she can command. She's basically the OPPOSITE of a muscle character. If she was at least from the Earth Nation that'd make more sense, as their style has always been more brute-force, but arguing that the Avatar is more "physical" than a girl who smashes faces with giant metal gloves, even hextech giant metal gloves, doesn't make any sense.
I think technically you're right about Korra but omitting the possibility that she's muscular because she wants to be.

There's also the tiny fact that she's shown easily hefting up grown adults like they weigh nothing.

LukasAdro

12-07-2012

I really gotta say, I think the characters in LoL are undersexy. I want some females that really look like strippers. I want to see some nipple.... and thanks for Janna's cameltoe skin (yes you can see the outline) I really want to see more sexual content in the game.

Anyone with a problem.... stop your kids playing the game. You think it's ok to have blood,violence and epic amounts of stabbing/killing but a little breast and a little fanny is a bad thing!

MORE SEXXX PLEASE.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethminite View Post
One thing i dont get, is people keep mentioning Ashe and Sej here, because they are from a cold climate, but arnt wearing warm cloths.

If an eskimo came down to the city, do you think they'd still wear their fur? No, they'd be wearing as little as possible because the whole place would be way too hot for them.
What doesnt make sence about them is having their portrate showing them wearing nothing while at home too.
Small thing to throw in there: they're not called eskimos, they're called Inuit.

I don't follow the logic that Ashe and Sej wearing next to nothing makes sense, especially for Sej considering what her role in combat is.

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
No, they don't. You just read that into the arguments because that's what you want to believe they think. Stop acting like that's true, because it isn't.

Now I'm going to bed. I've stayed up way too late already.
Oh yes they do. Every time someone implies that a non-canon alternate skin somehow detracts from a champions characterization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
@Wytsfs: Her skin is split open to show a paler under-layer with cleavage. To me, that detracts from her character. I know I'm an outlier here, so I don't expect any change, but I can't take her seriously while she's grr-facing me with a chest wound.
Well I suppose I can't do much to change personal perception. Nevertheless it is wrong. The chest fins are no more cut away from her body than any of her other fins. Really do wish they had the same look as her other fins. People wouldn't make that fillet interpretation if that were the case.

Arcane Azmadi

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethminite View Post

Sej's lore specifically goes out if it's way to emphasise that she dressed like that while training on the frozen tundra. Sej, in fact, is somewhat of an embarassment to LoL for anyone trying to argue that champions aren't pointlessly overseuxalised- morning-star-wielding, boar riding, savage merciless barbarian princess from the frozen north (or wherever)... who rides into battle wearing slightly LESS clothing than Nidalee (not counting the horned helmet).

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Sej's lore specifically goes out if it's way to emphasise that she dressed like that while training on the frozen tundra. Sej, in fact, is somewhat of an embarassment to LoL for anyone trying to argue that champions aren't pointlessly overseuxalised- morning-star-wielding, boar riding, savage merciless barbarian princess from the frozen north (or wherever)... who rides into battle wearing slightly LESS clothing than Nidalee (not counting the horned helmet).
Stylus has actually apologized about her design to us in the past.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytsfs View Post
Every time someone implies that a non-canon alternate skin somehow detracts from a champions characterization.
How does it not? It's textbook exploitation. Battle Bunny Riven completely undermines her otherwise perfectly awesome character.

thenewzero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Lux recently had her back and neck broken, but she's not quite sexualized.
Ha....that is *exactly* what I thought when I saw her new art. Otherwise, it's fantastic, but she came down with a bad case of Vixen Spine.

I don't imagine Vi will have this problem, but I'll still say I hope she doesn't have the super arched back in her splash art.