Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
35 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsong22 View Post
Mr IronStylus Sir,

I am glad to see that you all are taking our 'want diversity' in champions seriously, as well as less boobs displayed>more action so to speak for awhile, however....

What about in skin wise?

Lots of us have stated we are tired of seeing the robotic/futuristic theme replayed over and over again, just like people were tired of seeing fire/ice/crystal for awhile. Will we be moving on to something new soon?

Also, are you guys listening to how we have stated, quite often in fact, that we are tired of seeing champs that now have duo holiday skins/unseen as worthy by most skins handed out? (As long as we know you are at least paying attention that we are tired of this, it reminds me of the days of drastic teemo/annie/ww skins thrown out last year.)
I'll take the feedback to the skins team. I'd love to get a representative from there on here. I'm sort of the only concept artist between the three teams that's on here so I'll see what I can deliver back.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
I'll leave you to ponder whether or not she has an actual given name, and where/when she got the VI mark.
One day whilst at a pub in Runeterra VI ran into one important diplomat. After playing beer pong too much this nobleman was so plastered that he signed part of his name backwards across her face. She now hunts him down to repay the favor...With her fist!

And this is why J4 went into hiding. It wasnt leblanc or swain. No it was Mrs.Bad Touch.

StationaryObject

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
Ironstylus?

Would you mind taking this feedback on creating a sexualised male champion or skin?

You had something going with Arclight Varus, the model is really sexy, but then the splash art is thirteen in a dozen "GRR Imma kill ya". It's not just the looks, it's the presentation as well. I want to have a male champion or skin with splash art that looks like he's out to seduce, like with Candy Cane MF and Kitty Katarina.
Please?
I really want me some Unprepared Garen.
I'd pay anything for an Unprepared Garen.

Winterstride

12-06-2012

Stylus, I'm one of those guys whose been on your case for months now and I have to say that I'm ****ing stoked for Nami, Vi, and whatever else you guys have in store for characters who happen to be female. I was frustrated with how long it took but dammit it looks like the wait is paying off now.

Please give whoever designed Vi a hug for me. Like, right now. Track them down and grab 'em.

Queso Queen

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'll take the feedback to the skins team. I'd love to get a representative from there on here. I'm sort of the only concept artist between the three teams that's on here so I'll see what I can deliver back.

*-* You just made my night with a happy dance Mr Parrot, Thanks!

Dogz1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

@Iron Stylus

Potato

That is all

tempnameA461

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTemptragon View Post
Taste is subjective; how can it be inferior? Is that even possible?
While taste itself is perhaps not directly inferior, what about the status of someone who has a big crush on Hitler because of what he did?
Would such a person not be shunned, and seen as inferior, or damaged?
Dexter is another example.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
36 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
Stylus, I'm one of those guys whose been on your case for months now and I have to say that I'm ****ing stoked for Nami, Vi, and whatever else you guys have in store for characters who happen to be female. I was frustrated with how long it took but dammit it looks like the wait is paying off now.

Please give whoever designed Vi a hug for me. Like, right now. Track them down and grab 'em.
Hug away.

http://zeronis.deviantart.com/?rnrd=25697

DrTemptragon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
While taste itself is perhaps not directly inferior, what about the status of someone who has a big crush on Hitler because of what he did?
Would such a person not be shunned, and seen as inferior, or damaged?
Dexter is another example.
Well, yes, they would. But they shouldn't be. What Hitler did is wrong, obviously, but as long as it remains a fantasy and doesn't hurt anyone, it's not wrong or any worse than other people's tastes.

Just very, very unusual.

Daemon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
1) Korra isn't very muscular. Not princess-fair armed, but definitely not that muscular. She's "tight" you can say, and the animators chose to emphasis her strength here and again. But you'll always notice a scene or two where she looks particularly less "buff" than some of the images of her shows.

2) Look closer at Sejuani, all you can see is a small part of her right arm carrying the flail, but that's more than a lot of women in real life already. In fact, her overall physique is slightly bigger than most women in real life...........normal non-obese women that is.

The random Korra size changes are mostly the animator's fault. One of the creators said the Korean animators struggled with drawing a girl with muscles and they had to practice a lot.