Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImYourBestFriend View Post
your in this thread giving everyone pats on the back for a new non-sexualized champion, BUT no one here has seen the Recall animation of "Holiday" Katarina yet!

I found a video of it.

Seriously. Like...that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Maybe for MF, Eve, Nidalee or Ahri, but Kat?

Pabro

Events Broducer

12-06-2012
30 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
We realize we've had some repetition issues in the past. That's pretty much been corrected for. The next champions should start to run the gamut more. Vi is a good indicator of what's to come, and she's not that over the top. She's fairly standard, but we're trying to redefine what "standard" means to us in terms of humans at least.

This wasn't exactly sudden either, remember that champions can have a pretty lengthy development time. This is an evolution that is sometimes staggered. It moves in unpredictable ways as champions evolve towards a ready state.
This!!! For context , it takes 4-6 month to make champs. This evolution has been a long time coming and y"all are now seeing the reults.

Jeanesse

12-06-2012

Great job on Vi and thank you for addressing all the points people toss at you, IronStylus! I'm sure it must be frustrating to have all your great progress overshadowed by nitpicking, especially while you're working on products that are months away from realization.

I do have a question though: Will we be getting any more female monsters like Anivia?

tempnameA461

12-06-2012

@Parrot

If your infant kept spamming /cry, would you ignore them?

Prince Kassad

12-06-2012

Quote:
More skin tones: Yes please.
^_^

Libra Man

12-06-2012

Parrot Lord... Why is Vinx still at Riot because of his broken internet.
YOU GUYS SHOULD TOTES FIX THIS
It's like midnight or something where you guys are right?
Don't leave him at work playing LoL... unable to stream... because of an interweb problem

Souldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Riot, i gotta say (so far, it is the PBE after all) you hit this one out of the park! Since i love and main riven, you guys made me fall in love all over again!

@Parrot

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
We realize we've had some repetition issues in the past. That's pretty much been corrected for. The next champions should start to run the gamut more. Vi is a good indicator of what's to come, and she's not that over the top. She's fairly standard, but we're trying to redefine what "standard" means to us in terms of humans at least.

This wasn't exactly sudden either, remember that champions can have a pretty lengthy development time. This is an evolution that is sometimes staggered. It moves in unpredictable ways as champions evolve towards a ready state.
imo, I don't think it's as repetitive as you make it sound.

Rather just really poorly ordered releases.

Take Syndra for example. I know that whoever designed her was trying to go for an "adult Midna" look, but she came out looking like Diana's Dark Valkyrie skin, and people were quick to point that out, and I take it that was the main reason why Dark Valkyrie Diana's headgear was also removed because even you guys noticed it too.

If Syndra traded place with either Jayce or Draven in their release order, people wouldn't even notice the similarity though.

I mean, look at Zed's Stormshadow Skin, it's literally a white coloured Shen, yet nobody notices it. But if you had released Zed immediately after Shen, people would definitely point that out.

Blutarsky Blues

12-06-2012

Love the skin very Kill Bill/The Bride...Bruce Lee

Xianio

12-06-2012

Ignore the man part of it. But the back unit used in this picture is more along the lines I was thinking.

Steam or furnace vents that pour out steam/smoke instead of the blue glowing ball.

(hoping this pic works)

Attachment 569946