Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecstaSTEVE View Post
pretty sure 34-36c is avg boobie size, could be wrong

edit: this is the third damn time in this thread i've been under parrot post...
Wait....I clearly remember having classmates bigger than that back in..........all the way back in elementary school.

And they were definitely not overweight.

edit: ...........someone got offended by the fact that I had classmates with bigger boobs that?

JustDeckeredBoys

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
As I've said time and time again, the right treatment for the right champion. We iterate, we take feedback, we learn, we incorporate =)
BUT THlS.... DEFINITELY, IS SARCASM....,;

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
26 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
By the way, since you are activelly responding here, can you consider changing here energy source? the design itself SCREAM Steam Power, but that Blue Energy coming from her backpack look so weird, like its way to advance even for the hextech tech of Runeterra.
Head to the PBE discussion board and give that feedback, please. We want to hear any visual design comments you might have. It's a really good point you make and a point of discussion internally.

BetaKitsune

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Nope. At home. Could be watching the Daily Show but I wanted to get early takes on Vi and intercept this sort of discussion to provide insight, context and take feedback.
Do you think that the hands could be scaled down a tiny bit? It just seems like theyre a bit too bulky on the model as of right now. Im not asking for a major reduction just like a 5% or 10% reduce in the size. It just doesnt look right when she isnt moving around.

Izzabelle

12-06-2012

Dear Iron Stylus.

Quinn skin for Vi pls. Ionian Fighter Vi.

Daemon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
I am not talking about skins.

Especially skin favoritism for AP mids as well as characters that already have a lot of skins and have received skins this year.

Where's my new Diana skin?! haha.

I'm kinda sad that when the Kat remodel was released, there were textures for a Crimson Elite and Cyber Kat skin...that was never released. I would've rather had them. There is no model to attach them to, but you can get an idea what they are about.

Crimson Elite

Cyber

PodunkTheMighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I like this character... I mean, I really want to like her, because a Punchy McPuncherton with oversized gauntlets is pretty cool to me...

Buuuuuuut it's her hair. I hate it. I feel like in trying to add diversity(which is great and I fully support!) You've stepped a toe over the line into stereotyping. The pink punk-rock lesbian 'do makes it feel to me that you are trying too hard and overdoing it a little bit.

I do like her, though. When I first heard about her and her gauntlets I was hoping she would be a Yordle, but humans are people too. : )

Also, what's with the little tutu ruffle on the saide of her waist? It seems really out-of-place.

Ginga

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Okay, I just realized something really bothering about Vi.

Look at this video.

That laugh of hers at 0:18 is uncomfortably..."pervy obese man"-ish.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Parrot, why are you making a row of female champions, and why aren't they as hot as previous ones?

I mean I'm not hating on the fact that new champs aren't so sexualized but sexy is fun. There needs to be a balance, and wouldn't you as an artist agree?

Things I've been noticing are:

A lot of female champs in a row (I heard the one after Vi is gonna be female too)

So far, they aren't sexy in the general sense (Nami is a fish, Vi is fully armored)

Not only am I feeling forgotten about as a male, but the lack of the new champs being hot (in the most widely appreciated way) is putting me down.

Wytsfs

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
He mentions a lot of things. Then we get Zyra, Elise, Syndra, Nami, even Vi from the pure "thin body silhouette" perspective... The proof is in the pudding, and he knows it. Hell, it seems like he's very fine with that fact. I'm saying that the pudding isn't looking very tasty yet.

That being said, Vi looks -great- from the not-too-sexualized point of view. Yeah, her body type is overdone, but otherwise she's fantastic~
Why shouldn't he be fine with it? There's nothing wrong with sexuality and he knows female champs with different body types are just down the road.