Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vacus

12-07-2012

Am I wrong for wanting to pronounce her name "six"?

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Pretzel View Post
How about sexy muscles like She-Hulk?!
Yay or nay?

Attachment 569938
She hulk have a nice body so I approve.

davin

Senior User Researcher

12-07-2012
20 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
After reading her lore, it makes sense why she's not muscular. She isn't really using muscle, but controlling the gauntlets. She's a bit too scrawny for my tastes, but whatever. Her rough and tough attitude seems like it should be accompanied with a more tough looking form, but I digress.
Interesting, she's always read as pretty muscular to me. Her shape is much more square and rough than someone like Miss Fortune or Soraka. The silhouette reads "FIGHT" rather than "Flounce!"

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
You are missing my point, she look thin with no mass at all, its like her limbs are a set of flat tubs, i'm not asking for EXTRREME90HUGEMUSCLES, just some definition on her limbs.

What is wrong with some Korra like muscles? is the definition of shapes so offensive to you?
Now you're being hyperbolic. She's a fair bit thicker than a lot of women in real life already.

Next, look at her outfit, it's a suit that covers her entire body. Korra isn't exactly that buff, Vi could easily be buffer than Korra underneath her suit, or she could be thinner, or the same. But either way, why would you compare the girl born and raised in a pseudo-high tech city with an overactive tomboy martial artist? Vi has far less reason to work, look at her move-set in the videos. Her suit clearly augments her.

If Vi was bulkier, no one would notice, because she'd be under a suit. If Riot gave her enough muscles for you to notice the difference, she'd be grosteque.

Holynova

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Nothing is wrong with Korra-like muscles. They're great for Korra. You wouldn't notice much difference in-game if we bulked her up due to the game angle. Game angle causes foreshortening, foreshortening causes compression. With the essentially icon-sized real estate that the champions end up with you'd have to push proportions severely to make noticeable difference. It's a matter of smart use. That wouldn't really be the best use of that choice in this particular case.

It might seem logical from an artistic standpoint to bulk her up, but from a game-centric view such bulking up would serve a different character better. She's served appropriately by the gauntlets, those are the big reads. Heavy emphasis on bulkier muscle anatomy or even a sturdy build wouldn't be a significant enough pay-off and might even clump up the silhouette.

A more hefty build would suit a character which has more exposed anatomy, not a body covered in large reads like the gauntlets or other types of armor.
Are you still at work Mr. Parrot?

Prince Kassad

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
A more hefty build would suit a character which has more exposed anatomy, not a body covered in large reads like the gauntlets or other types of armor.
Good point. I'm just impatient. You know, the whole "want more diversity nao" thing. :P

Theridin

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
My only real problem with Vi is her hair. Short hair never looks good on women. Ever.
I'm afraid I have to disagree. Strongly

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2012
21 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolynÚva View Post
Are you still at work Mr. Parrot?
Nope. At home. Could be watching the Daily Show but I wanted to get early takes on Vi and intercept this sort of discussion to provide insight, context and take feedback.

tempnameA461

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
There are plenty of smaller-to-average champs. Leona. Diana. Lux. Nami. Fiora. Riven. Kayle (probably). Etc.
Nami's are in no way small or average.
Nor are Fiora or Riven's.
Leona's are pretty big too.

So we have up to 3 women that don't have big ones.

Endertome

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
All of my money if she gets a future skin based on Strength.

Attachment 569919
I can see some cool future options.

Especially since I noticed Black Rock Shooter in the background of one of Nautilus' splashes.