Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carmilia

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
She looks awesome. Good work Riot. +1

(this is not sarcastic)
Due to people being so annoying about it, i had to downvote you. Also, Nami's not sexualized. but i bet that her, barely showing her breasts, is so escandalized to you.

Morisanzo

12-07-2012

@Parrotman I'm still curious, was her design heavily influenced by Roller Derby styles? Slap some skates on her and she may as well be a Derby girl.

StationaryObject

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensonges View Post

Can she be "ambiguously brown"? Has that even been considered? It'd be refreshing after all the glowy-eyed, pale-skinned, not-quite-human ladies to recently join the line-up.
I like this alot.
I think we should have more skin color diversity with all types of humanish champions.

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
True, but I think I would appreciate a smaller breast size on this character as well. There are some smaller than average characters, but whats the problem in wanting just a few more?

[Plus I don't think Nami's are smaller than average, but that might be the massive cleavage talking...]
Nami's not so much "below average" as "below LoL average".

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2012
19 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
You are missing my point, she look thin with no mass at all, its like her limbs are a set of flat tubs, i'm not asking for EXTRREME90HUGEMUSCLES, just some definition on her limbs.

What is wrong with some Korra like muscles? is the definition of shapes so offensive to you?
Nothing is wrong with Korra-like muscles. They're great for Korra. You wouldn't notice much difference in-game if we bulked her up due to the game angle. Game angle causes foreshortening, foreshortening causes compression. With the essentially icon-sized real estate that the champions end up with you'd have to push proportions severely to make noticeable difference. It's a matter of smart use. That wouldn't really be the best use of that choice in this particular case.

It might seem logical from an artistic standpoint to bulk her up, but from a game-centric view such bulking up would serve a different character better. She's served appropriately by the gauntlets, those are the big reads. Heavy emphasis on bulkier muscle anatomy or even a sturdy build wouldn't be a significant enough pay-off and might even clump up the silhouette.

A more hefty build would suit a character which has more exposed anatomy, not a body covered in large reads like the gauntlets or other types of armor.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
Due to people being so annoying about it, i had to downvote you. Also, Nami's not sexualized. but i bet that her, barely showing her breasts, is so escandalized to you.
So you downvote me because you dislike what other people are saying...? -.0

Edit: Damnit IronStylus, this is like the 3rd time I have posted right under you unintentionally. -.-

Daemon

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Then do it, please. Soon and often. Pretty please?

In that giant oversexualization thread, he mentioned a female barbarian he was working on.

Prince Kassad

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
I like this alot.
I think we should have more skin color diversity with all types of humanish champions.
Yes to that.

Xianio

12-07-2012

Quote:
I wish she were steam powered instead of blue magic energy powered.
I don't have a picture of it but do you know what WarMachine (the table top game) is? If Vi's backpack unit was like the warcaster figures from that universe I think it would fit in better with the "natural" tech. level of LoL.

Currently it does feel a little bit like Vi has Pulsefire Ezreal tech. - which I feel is supposed to be above and beyond what is normal to the LoL landscape.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Parrot, why are you making a row of female champions, and why aren't they as hot as previous ones?

I mean I'm not hating on the fact that new champs aren't so sexualized but sexy is fun. There needs to be a balance, and wouldn't you as an artist agree?

Things I've been noticing are:

A lot of female champs in a row (I heard the one after Vi is gonna be female too)

So far, they aren't sexy in the general sense (Nami is a fish, Vi is fully armored)

Not only am I feeling forgotten about as a male, but the lack of the new champs being hot (in the most widely appreciated way) is putting me down.