Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
You said it yourself. She has those massive power gloves on her.

Why need muscles when you have the Powerglove? It's so bad.

To stretch is into a larger scale analogy, does a Gundam pilot need to have herculean biceps to control their Gundams which are gigantic mechas?
You are missing my point, she look thin with no mass at all, its like her limbs are a set of flat tubs, i'm not asking for EXTRREME90HUGEMUSCLES, just some definition on her limbs.

What is wrong with some Korra like muscles? is the definition of shapes so offensive to you?

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Parrot, why are you making a row of female champions, and why aren't they as hot as previous ones?

I mean I'm not hating on the fact that new champs aren't so sexualized but sexy is fun. There needs to be a balance, and wouldn't you as an artist agree?

Things I've been noticing are:

A lot of female champs in a row (I heard the one after Vi is gonna be female too)

So far, they aren't sexy in the general sense (Nami is a fish, Vi is fully armored)

Not only am I feeling forgotten about as a male, but the lack of the new champs being hot (in the most widely appreciated way) is putting me down.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingFrostbite View Post
Wait, Succubus Archetype? Like who? No one to my knowledge, except Ahri, is actively flaunting theirselves about. Only Ahri actually uses her gender as a weapon.
Evelyn - No need to explain it.
Miss Fortune - Has the flirty personality theme going for her.
Zyra - This one they clearly said came off to much as the succubus when she was supposed to be an infestor. This was due mostly to her design.
Elise - Instead of the motherly concept, they went with more of a sexy champion who lures you into her web before devouring you.

That being said, it works fine for MF's character and same with Ahri. Evelyn also fits really well with the theme. It doesn't work well on Elise or Zyra however and their designs were disappointing as a result.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with a sexualized character, so long as the sexualization fits the characters theme.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
18 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
I respectfully disagree... we have had enough of the "fairly standard body type." We want something different.
I'm cool with different.

Prince Kassad

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensonges View Post
I think she looks pretty neat. Haven't gotten the chance to play her myself, but I'm looking forward to it.
One question though.

Can she be "ambiguously brown"? Has that even been considered? It'd be refreshing after all the glowy-eyed, pale-skinned, not-quite-human ladies to recently join the line-up.

Just curious.
ikr. One of the other Rioters said she was once a capoeira fighter with dreads. T_T

Xianio

12-06-2012

Quote:
I assume RiotJeffJew, Phreak, IronStylus and GrumpyMonkey are all one person?
My sentiment still remains the same. Learn how corporate structure works. Saying "we'll look into it" doesn't mean "it'll get done." It just means it will be brought up. If the decision-makers say no or maybe later, then that's the answer. God forbid a large company operate like a large company.

Quote:
Vi could use a bit more muscle,
I'll say this first - I think the champ looks great and really does justice to the idea. That said, I would also have liked some more muscles on her. The whole "waf-fu" thing is a pet peeve of mine. Girl or guy, muscles are required to punch really really hard

BooleanCube

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Interesting. So you're cool with the industrial feeling of the gloves but not necessarily the futuristic energy vibe that the particle provides?
I knew you'd put your finger on it! Also, I rescind my comment about the muscle. She's got all the muscle in her intent, and contrast is very important.
Except for the contrast between her gloves and backpack, which very much look like she's wearing the Industrial Age on her arms and the Pulsefire Age on her back; and while each is cool in their own right they're making the badass in the middle look goofy.

Endertome

12-06-2012

Wow it's so hard to get a word in edgewise in this thread. I posted something worth responding to way back on page 2. XD

Daemon

12-06-2012

Quote:
I disagree... we have had enough of the "fairly standard body type"

He's making a barbarian woman champion. Just wait.

The reason this works is for the same reason scrawny Ezreal works: it's all about the magic of their equipment and controlling it, not so much the physical aspect. Vi's lore states she used those gauntlets when she was SIX YEARS OLD.

After reading her lore, it makes sense why she's not muscular. She isn't really using muscle, but controlling the gauntlets. She's a bit too scrawny for my tastes, but whatever. Her rough and tough attitude seems like it should be accompanied with a more tough looking form, but I digress.

Avalon Bright

12-06-2012

Quote:
I respectfully disagree... we have had enough of the "fairly standard body type." We want something different.
Speak for yourself. No "We" don't.