Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryx

12-06-2012

Was this the champ that Gypsy was working on?
She looks awesome and fun as hell.

I love the flair she has going on, specifically with that corset and the different knee guards.

Plus, she looks like she has opportunities for some fun skins.

sergeantpickle

12-06-2012

I think Vi is sexy.

Riot failed to non-sexualize her. She looks like she'd be a wild one. WIth tattoos!

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I have commented on the DV Diana topic. The change was beyond my control however.

I take all the criticism, believe me. Even the stuff I have nothing to do with.
Like MTF I mean you still care right? The thread might be closed but you said you and Riot care? How is it going?

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
I have always acknowledged those 5 as good examples of female design. That being said, that is a small percentage of the entire female roster and Vi explores an archetype that has not been heavily explored or even approached by any of the current humanoid female champions.
I can agree with Shyvanna, Lux, and Leona....

...but I can't agree with Kayle. I literally thought she was a male until I played her for myself. You can't even identify her gender until she takes off her helmet or says something. The whole Samus Aran thing is bad design, especially considering she's not exactly supposed to be a tomboy.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
Um so you would rather that every single female champ was super feminine? Even if Vi isn't your type of girl, don't you understand the concept of diversity? Because... I think she looks awesome.
I'd prefer it, sure. Or at least Leona-level.

I don't mind covered up champs at all. Leona is one of my favorite supports and I love Hilde in Soulcalibur. My only real problem with Vi is her hair. Short hair never looks good on women. Ever.

Commando Slap

12-06-2012

Quote:
As I've said time and time again, the right treatment for the right champion. We iterate, we take feedback, we learn, we incorporate =)
Ironstylus!

You may not remember but I made a post right after worlds about the lack of female Sciency types in LoL here, but I guess nobody cares.

I just wanted to say thank you, and that I'm glad you're on the Riot art team and able to dish out such concentrated awesomeness.

Splash/Teaser art where, though? :O

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
4 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv 50 poliwrath View Post
Like MTF I mean you still care right? The thread might be closed but you said you and Riot care? How is it going?
I've said my piece to stakeholders and gotten all the information that I can get in my realm of expertise. I've acted upon anything that was able to be acted upon. That's all I can do.

Zerocaliber

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
I can agree with Shyvanna, Lux, and Leona....

...but I can't agree with Kayle. I literally thought she was a male until I played her for myself. You can't even identify her gender until she takes off her helmet or says something. The whole Samus Aran thing is bad design, especially considering she's not exactly supposed to be a tomboy.
That is the whole point. She is a warrior who doesn't let her gender define herself as a character. She may be beautiful, but that is secondary to everything her character represents. Why does a female have to run around in revealing or shapely armor to be a good design? If a character is a good character, their actions, attitudes, and personality define them more than their design ever will.

Noric

12-06-2012

Gj parrot!

Rauron

12-06-2012

Quote:
I have commented on the DV Diana topic. The change was beyond my control however.

I take all the criticism, believe me. Even the stuff I have nothing to do with.
Really? Then why continue to shy away from Nami discussion?