Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

hmmm...not too crazy about how she looks. Don't know how to describe it...too much of a "G.I.Jane"-vibe? :/

Props to the skin though, looks pretty cool. I kinda wish her skin was her Classic appearance and she get something else as a skin instead...like "Female Boxer Vi".

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
3 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
Why not respond to the negative? That's just as legitimate as positive comments. Or is this why the pages and pages of hate over Dark Valkyrie Diana never got literally a single response?

Take some criticism with the praise. :\

Anyway I like Vi other than her hairstyle, even if I prefer sexier champs. The short style and dark goggles make her look way too much like Fiora model-wise, though.
I have commented on the DV Diana topic. The change was beyond my control however.

I take all the criticism, believe me. Even the stuff I have nothing to do with.

Prince Kassad

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
Way too butch
Um so you would rather that every single female champ was super feminine? Even if Vi isn't your type of girl, don't you understand the concept of diversity? Because... I think she looks awesome.

FlamingFrostbite

12-06-2012

Always confused when threads like these pop up. THey always seem to forget Kayle, Leona, Diana, Shyvana, and Lux but whatever.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I have commented on the DV Diana topic. The change was beyond my control however.

By the way IronStylus, I swear I am not trying to act like a fanboy here or anything, but you are by far my favorite Rioter. Would you be willing to add me on LoL so that we could maybe play a game together some time? I also really wanted to ask you a couple questions about artwork and character design in general.

Prince Kassad

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingFrostbite View Post
Always confused when threads like these pop up. THey always seem to forget Kayle, Leona, Diana, Shyvana, and Lux but whatever.
heels and midriffs OP

don't try to ruin our excitement

Shizuhara

12-06-2012

Whoa.

What the hell is this D:?!?

gj Riot~ A fully grown woman with a personality and no out-of-place sexualization.

Zerocaliber

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingFrostbite View Post
I have always acknowledged those 5 as good examples of female design. That being said, that is a small percentage of the entire female roster and Vi explores an archetype that has not been heavily explored or even approached by any of the current humanoid female champions.

thizzenwinz

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post

when are we gonna get more champs that look like urgot or trundle

Bitter Curses

12-06-2012

I gotta hand it to you, I would glove to play someone like her.